Thigh Gap Exercises

Options
I really want to achieve a thigh gap, but don't know what exercises will help. Any suggestions?

Replies

• wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    Cardio. Weights.

Spot reduction only happens in surgery.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    why?? Lol... I don't understand why people want thigh gaps? You can't get one by doing certain exercises.. you either have the bone structure for it or not. All you can do is lose the fat and maybe a gap will show through, maybe it wont.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    http://collegecandy.com/2011/08/22/body-blog-inner-thigh-gap/

Do this a couple times per week. You'll see results.

REMEMBER: If you have narrow hips or very muscled legs, stop trying to achieve an unhealthy fantasy. Not having a thigh gap isn’t the end of the world. No one cares if you do or do not have one, especially not any boy. Love your body and just aim to be the best YOU can be! You are beautiful no matter what.
  • conservativek
    conservativek Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap? What's a thigh gap? lol ;)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I really want to achieve a thigh gap, but don't know what exercises will help. Any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-c-yw5ZrQ
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    There is no exercise that will guarantee you have a thigh gap. Thigh gaps depend largely on the structure of your body. I will never have a thigh gap because my legs sit close together. Not to mention I carry my weight in my thighs, and you can't spot reduce. It's the way my body is built. No amount of squats, calorie counting, or cardio will give me one, so why should I care? Thigh gaps are not indicators of health, beauty, or self worth.

Just focus on health and wellness and loving you body. Thigh gaps don't matter, and the only person who cares about if you have one or not is you.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i dont get it...thigh gap? so basically u want to look like a 12 year old girl rather thaan a healthy curvy woman?
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i dont get it...thigh gap? so basically u want to look like a 12 year old girl rather thaan a healthy curvy woman?

^ this
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here

138281956_hjsD1IyN_c.jpg
  • AniOnFire
    AniOnFire Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    LOTS of inner thigh stretches held to the count of 1k if you have large thighs for your frame. You can get it even if you have very muscular thighs and narrow hips. It just takes a lot of work. Following the Calenetics stretches in Callan Pinckey's book are good for it. That's how my mom got her's and she had "Thunder thighs" and never thought she'd have perfect legs.
  • sweet1ntx
    Options
    My daughter and I have very different shapes...Im curvy with muscle and she is very slim. She has the "thigh gap" and is made fun of by other girls. They call her "gap legs". Embrace your own shape and make it the healthiest and best it can be!
  • sweet_basil
    Options

^ this

I third that notion.

Do what you want, just don't stress about getting one or not. If it happens, it happens.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

Now, this is just rude. So now women who have thigh gaps look like 12 year old girls and unhealthy?
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    This is the weirdest fixation ever. I just do not get it. It's like asking "How can I workout to achieve less dangly earlobes?"
  • janlee_001
    Options
    Maybe she doesn't want to hear her pants rub together. Seriously, nothing wrong with a thigh gap and you can still be a curvy woman.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It's just a phase with the youngsters like those horrid ear stretchers its 'fashionable' to have a thigh gap
  • deaddivya
    Options
    Maybe she doesn't want to hear her pants rub together. Seriously, nothing wrong with a thigh gap and you can still be a curvy woman.

This. I have a rather wide thigh gap because of my built but I am pretty sure that I don't look like a twelve year old.
    Not everyone has the right shape to have a thigh gap, that's not a thing that can really be influenced. Saying that having one is unhealthy is just mean.
  • janlee_001
    Options
    It's just a phase with the youngsters like those horrid ear stretchers its 'fashionable' to have a thigh gap
    I'm close to 50 y/o and I want a thigh gap
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    eat less lose fat

You want to be lifting weights or that level of leanness will be ulgy.

The fat in that area is usually the last to go. It went for me last and I'm older so my hormone levels make it easier for this to happen.

For young girls on birth control pills it will be nearly impossible.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    not meaning to be rude or cheeky i actually dont get it .. the only people i know who have thigh gap are young teens 12 -15 or friends of mine who are trying everything to gain weight to have a more girly figure ...

its jst something i would never stress about ..