Thigh Gap Exercises

Replies

• This is the weirdest fixation ever. I just do not get it. It's like asking "How can I workout to achieve less dangly earlobes?"

:laugh:
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    I think the aim for a thigh gap is sooooooooo SILLY, and the fact that these threads still turn up even though its mentioned over and over again that thigh gap is a matter of genetics, in combination with low body fat, goes to show that most of the women who dream of a thigh gap seem to have a lower intelligence level.

You may never, no matter how many tricks, moves, excersise etc we give you, be able to attain a thigh gap so before you even give it a shot take a minute to reevalute your possiblities. If you never had one, your mother never had one, your grandmother never had when, well, spend the time and energy on trying to get one on loving and showering the body you do have with as much positive energy as possible.
  • If you don't have the body type for it, you'll never get it no matter how much exercise you do.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    i dont get it...thigh gap? so basically u want to look like a 12 year old girl rather thaan a healthy curvy woman?
    Maybe she doesn't want to hear her pants rub together. Seriously, nothing wrong with a thigh gap and you can still be a curvy woman.

This. I have a rather wide thigh gap because of my built but I am pretty sure that I don't look like a twelve year old.
    Not everyone has the right shape to have a thigh gap, that's not a thing that can really be influenced. Saying that having one is unhealthy is just mean.

Thank you. I was waiting for someone else to think that was rude. I was sure it wasn't just me. I have always had a thigh gap and I also carry all my weight in my legs and butt... I definitely don't look like a 12 year old...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    liposuction..

you cant spot reduce fat.

also thigh gaps are more a function of your body type than anything else. women with wider pelvic girdles and hip bones will also usually have thigh gaps, even if they are overweight. people like me with smaller pelvis will need to be severely underweight to have a thigh gap. in fact even when i was 20 pounds underweight i didnt have a thigh gap.
  • have any body goal you want. ugh people telling you your goals are "silly" or whatever. Stick to cardio that will reduce fat all over your body, and do leg lifts and A LOT of them to strengthen the muscles. Your legs will get toned and healthy. whether there will ever be a gap is up to your body. I would suggest not focusing on a cosmetic goal and more on the goal of having the most toned legs you possibly can.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    i dont get it...thigh gap? so basically u want to look like a 12 year old girl rather thaan a healthy curvy woman?
    Maybe she doesn't want to hear her pants rub together. Seriously, nothing wrong with a thigh gap and you can still be a curvy woman.

This. I have a rather wide thigh gap because of my built but I am pretty sure that I don't look like a twelve year old.
    Not everyone has the right shape to have a thigh gap, that's not a thing that can really be influenced. Saying that having one is unhealthy is just mean.

Thank you. I was waiting for someone else to think that was rude. I was sure it wasn't just me. I have always had a thigh gap and I also carry all my weight in my legs and butt... I definitely don't look like a 12 year old...

aain wasnt meaning to be rude and somepeople it suits as a young girl i had a gap and hated it because of some bullying im not saying that everyone with a thigh gap looks like a 12 yr old but when someone at an ideal weight is planning to loose more weight just to get a gap between their thighs is rediculous and unhealthy
  • youtube search "pop pilates inner thigh sanity"
    Ive been doing it for the past month and Im seeing results really fast
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    I totally see both sides! I would like to have a thigh gap if possible ( I think my bone structure would work) , however if I don't have one when I am fit I will be ok with that too. And some men find them incredibly sexy.....everyone has something that appeals to them!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    I really want to achieve a thigh gap, but don't know what exercises will help. Any suggestions?

Putdownthefork raises.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    I really want to achieve a thigh gap, but don't know what exercises will help. Any suggestions?

Putdownthefork raises.

that made me laugh wasnt expecting that one !
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    lol....
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

Putdownthefork raises.

This is why we are friends!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    http://collegecandy.com/2011/08/22/body-blog-inner-thigh-gap/

Do this a couple times per week. You'll see results.

REMEMBER: If you have narrow hips or very muscled legs, stop trying to achieve an unhealthy fantasy. Not having a thigh gap isn’t the end of the world. No one cares if you do or do not have one, especially not any boy. Love your body and just aim to be the best YOU can be! You are beautiful no matter what.

ding ding best answer i read...i have EXTREMELY muscular legs and could give two ****s about ever having a thigh gap.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Stop! Guys really don't care. Most are not that picky. If you are nice to us, we're smitten.
    Healthy is sexy. Not a thigh gap. Smile -- much more important.
  • why?? Lol... I don't understand why people want thigh gaps? You can't get one by doing certain exercises.. you either have the bone structure for it or not. All you can do is lose the fat and maybe a gap will show through, maybe it wont.

Because it totally sucks to have your thighs rub together
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Lots of people with some sort of emotional agenda talking **** on here. It's pathetic.

You have a goal, you can obtain it or get as close as you can. You need to reduce body fat to achieve what you're looking for. Exercise won't do much of anything for that particular goal.

If you're already low body fat, or at a homeostasis, you should consider intermittent fasting and maybe low carb to help reduce body fat more.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member

^ this

I third that notion.

Do what you want, just don't stress about getting one or not. If it happens, it happens.
    WRONG! This is ridic. I am DYING for a thigh gap...main reason??? Save money on jeans. The inner thigh is the first to wear out on my pricey jeans. I don't want them to rub together...this doesn't make me look unhealthy, or young, it makes me look hot AND economical!
  • That just seems like something you either have naturally or you just can't attain it, women with wide hips usually have the thigh gap naturally.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Lots of people with some sort of emotional agenda talking **** on here. It's pathetic.

You have a goal, you can obtain it or get as close as you can. You need to reduce body fat to achieve what you're looking for. Exercise won't do much of anything for that particular goal.

If you're already low body fat, or at a homeostasis, you should consider intermittent fasting and maybe low carb to help reduce body fat more.

If she's already at low bodyfat and doesn't have a thigh gap, she's not going to have a thigh gap.