Options

Replies

• WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    24947703.jpg
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Long distance running is best, forget all the exercises, they only increase muscle and you want to decrease everything, muscles included. That gap comes at price though, all your body will be reduced in size to a certain extent, *kitten*, bust, everything. You can preserve some of it with strength training but you won't gain any because you need to be at a deficit.

What's nothing wrong with wanting a thigh gap, how is it different from bodybuilding ? We each have our own desired shape for our body, one isn't better than the other.
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's just a phase with the youngsters like those horrid ear stretchers its 'fashionable' to have a thigh gap
    I'm close to 50 y/o and I want a thigh gap
    [/quote

LOL...Me, too, Janlee,,,me, too! :bigsmile:
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Stop! Guys really don't care. Most are not that picky. If you are nice to us, we're smitten.
    Healthy is sexy. Not a thigh gap. Smile -- much more important.

Aww...that's so sweet! :wink: But,,,I want what I want! lol :bigsmile:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Why? So you can look like a 12 year old boy?

Spot reducing doesn't work.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i dont get it...thigh gap? so basically u want to look like a 12 year old girl rather thaan a healthy curvy woman?

^ this

I third that notion.

Do what you want, just don't stress about getting one or not. If it happens, it happens.
    WRONG! This is ridic. I am DYING for a thigh gap...main reason??? Save money on jeans. The inner thigh is the first to wear out on my pricey jeans. I don't want them to rub together...this doesn't make me look unhealthy, or young, it makes me look hot AND economical!

having a slight gap great wudnt mind either but to work for one of tm gaps that makes you legs look like their in differant states .. is bizzare
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    vYAya.jpg
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is a size 2 and she doesn't even have one. Like someone else said it depends on your bone structure.
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options

shh lol i jst said something similar and got a nasty messages lol
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    why?? Lol... I don't understand why people want thigh gaps? You can't get one by doing certain exercises.. you either have the bone structure for it or not. All you can do is lose the fat and maybe a gap will show through, maybe it wont.

^^ this... and. In my day if you had a thigh gap, people called you bow-legged. Women did everything possible to avoid the appearance of a thigh gap. Including the popular "model pose" with the knee crossing over to cover any gaps. I just don't get it.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

Just my opinion. They look ridiculous unless you're already very petite and naturally have one.
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Stop! Guys really don't care. Most are not that picky. If you are nice to us, we're smitten.
    Healthy is sexy. Not a thigh gap. Smile -- much more important.

Ummm......... I hate to break it to you but not everything a woman does is motivated by attracting men. Are you still standing or did you pass out in shock?!! At no point did the OP mention or refer to wishing for a thigh gap to appeal to the opposite sex. Has it occurred to you that just maybe this is something she wants just to make herself feel good???!
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options

Just my opinion. They look ridiculous unless you're already very petite and naturally have one.

thats what i was thinkng but aparently im a rude person =P
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I don't understand all the hype. Its a body type thing that you cannot control so why bother having it as a goal?
    If it happens then cool, if not idgaf
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Achieve low body fat. Then you won't care about thigh gap because you'll look good regardless. Just like guys with a six pack don't really care they have large obliques/ and/or large hip bones and not that perfect v-taper
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Lots of people with some sort of emotional agenda talking **** on here. It's pathetic.

You have a goal, you can obtain it or get as close as you can. You need to reduce body fat to achieve what you're looking for. Exercise won't do much of anything for that particular goal.

If you're already low body fat, or at a homeostasis, you should consider intermittent fasting and maybe low carb to help reduce body fat more.

If she's already at low bodyfat and doesn't have a thigh gap, she's not going to have a thigh gap.

There is nothing wrong with trying and having goals, weather they are impossible or not. Even if we reach our peak, it's still important to strive for something better.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I really want to achieve a thigh gap, but don't know what exercises will help. Any suggestions?

Hey Kathryn,

Apparently you stumbled on a hot topic that people seem to have strong opinions about.

All you can do is achieve the desired level of leanness that you want, and if the thigh gap happens, it happens. There really isn't any specific exercise that I'm aware of that can increase the distance between your legs.

You may want to detach yourself from this goal in case you get to very-lean levels of bodyfat and still don't have a thigh gap. That could cause some disappointment when the reality is, there's only so much you can do.

Good luck.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    Jeans! I don't care about a "gap" but it drives me nuts that my cute jeans get ruined!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Lots of people with some sort of emotional agenda talking **** on here. It's pathetic.

You have a goal, you can obtain it or get as close as you can. You need to reduce body fat to achieve what you're looking for. Exercise won't do much of anything for that particular goal.

If you're already low body fat, or at a homeostasis, you should consider intermittent fasting and maybe low carb to help reduce body fat more.

If she's already at low bodyfat and doesn't have a thigh gap, she's not going to have a thigh gap.

There is nothing wrong with trying and having goals, weather they are impossible or not. Even if we reach our peak, it's still important to strive for something better.

I agree, but I still stand by my previous statement.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    sit on the floor...with a chair facing you put your feet round the bottom and squeeze as if trying to squeeze the chair legs together....hold for as long as you can..preferably a few mins....as hard as you can..i did this every day along with my cardio..step aerobics was good for this..i never thought i would get that gap...