Thigh Gap Exercises

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    How big or wide? Can i see a little light and read a txt or see my 55" tv?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I have not read all of the responses so apologies if I am repeating what has been said.

First of all, the ability to have a thigh gap without getting to an unhealthy body fat is very much to do with genetics - you either can or you cannot. In my opinion, to 'force' this on a frame that is not built for it is not a healthy thing to try to do, either physically of mentally and will usually not be attractive.

I am trying to word this carefully as there is nothing wrong with a thigh gap for someone who naturally has the build to have one naturally. So, the following is for those who do not:

Why do you want one? Wouldn't it be better to have strong defined legs? Legs that are strong and shapely are attractive, thigh gap or not.

My suggestion: get body fat down to a healthy range, strength train to get definition. If you have a thigh gap then, great. If not, its still great.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Thank you to the people defending people who want this goal--it's not really different than the tons of other goals that people have on this site. Women ask all the time how to get flat abs, and for many women, it just won't be physically possible. It's one thing to tell people that it may not be possible, but I don't get the ridicule of the people who want thigh gaps. I agree too that people aren't only motivated by attracting a sexual partner, of either sex. Some people just like the look for themselves. I don't see how we can judge a person's intelligence by whether or not they want a thigh gap.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    thigh gap :) a proud owner
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    I have not read all of the responses so apologies if I am repeating what has been said.

First of all, the ability to have a thigh gap without getting to an unhealthy body fat is very much to do with genetics - you either can or you cannot. In my opinion, to 'force' this on a frame that is not built for it is not a healthy thing to try to do, either physically of mentally and will usually not be attractive.

I am trying to word this carefully as there is nothing wrong with a thigh gap for someone who naturally has the build to have one naturally. So, the following is for those who do not:

Why do you want one? Wouldn't it be better to have strong defined legs? Legs that are strong and shapely are attractive, thigh gap or not.

My suggestion: get body fat down to a healthy range, strength train to get definition. If you have a thigh gap then, great. If not, its still great.

Great response.. One I was trying to make with a very short sentence. Sometimes I lack the ability to describe what I intuitively know. :(
  • rbaruch
    rbaruch Posts: 1 Member
    Why is there so much drama when OP just asked a question that can easily be answered? She asked a non-opinionated question which deserves a straight answer ladies. Nobody cares what your "ideal" thigh shape should be because you're not here to discuss whether it's healthy or not. This is a support community; start acting like one instead of acting like kids.

Start doing squats, start eating in a deficit, and that's about it. It'll take time yes, but you'll get there eventually. Once you reach your desired weight and want to add some size to your behind, eat at a 100-250 calorie surplus and keep squatting.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    not meaning to be rude or cheeky i actually dont get it .. the only people i know who have thigh gap are young teens 12 -15 or friends of mine who are trying everything to gain weight to have a more girly figure ...

its jst something i would never stress about ..

im almost 20 and i have a thigh gap.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Thigh gaps are much a function of bone structure, like height or facial features. There's nothing wrong with having one naturally, but in many cases it can be an unrealistic goal if you have narrow-set hips.

I do *not* have a thigh gap, I never will, and my legs rubbing together doesn't destroy my jeans.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    not meaning to be rude or cheeky i actually dont get it .. the only people i know who have thigh gap are young teens 12 -15 or friends of mine who are trying everything to gain weight to have a more girly figure ...

its jst something i would never stress about ..

im almost 20 and i have a thigh gap.

is your thigh gap part of ur natural build ? i have friends who are soo opsessed with these gaps they are about a stone underweight jst tohave this gap ... if you have one great but iwudnt spend hours obessing over t
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    the high gap isn't something you can work to get. it's the result of having a natural, specific body type with a very specific combination of narrow bones and wide hips. if you aren't obese and you don't already have one, you'll never get one.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Why is there so much drama when OP just asked a question that can easily be answered? She asked a non-opinionated question which deserves a straight answer ladies. Nobody cares what your "ideal" thigh shape should be because you're not here to discuss whether it's healthy or not. This is a support community; start acting like one instead of acting like kids.

Start doing squats, start eating in a deficit, and that's about it. It'll take time yes, but you'll get there eventually. Once you reach your desired weight and want to add some size to your behind, eat at a 100-250 calorie surplus and keep squatting.

We are not here to discuss whether its healthy...are you for real? So if someone wants to do something that is unhealthy (and I am not saying it is for the OP) we should all just tell them how to do it? Ironic that you are suggesting that people start acting like responsible adults.
  • I have not read all of the responses so apologies if I am repeating what has been said.

Great response.. One I was trying to make with a very short sentence. Sometimes I lack the ability to describe what I intuitively know. :(

:flowerforyou: for both of you.
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    youtube search "pop pilates inner thigh sanity"
    Ive been doing it for the past month and Im seeing results really fast

FOR LATERRRRRRRRRR.

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    For the record I have a thigh gap, my jeans still rub, they wear out at the inside knee instead!
    Bane of my life!
    btw I still need to lose 14 lb according to my doctor!!!
  • I have wide hips, but even when I was really skinny my thighs still touched at the top because I'm a curvy hourglass-shape and that's just part of it. I would need to be severely under-weight for my legs not to touch at all.

I'm sure there are other people who would need to be severely OVER-weight in order to NOT have a gap.

We're all different shapes... but I think if you're like me, it would be dangerous to keep getting thinner and thinner in order to attain a gap that isn't easily come-by for your body.
  • I don't understand. What's the point of having a thigh gap or not? I think that sometimes it depends on the person's body structure.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I have a leg-gap. My legs are far apart. My knees aren't even close to touching when I stand with my feet together. I guess I just have really wide hips. I'd have to get really fat in order to not have a gap.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Try the hip abductor machines at the gym ... some people will never have a thigh gap though... it depends more on your hips than your thighs (my own observation) and I am by no means a professional of anything (except accounting and smart assery) I've just noticed that people with thigh gaps usually have broader hips, women with narrow hips have a harder time getting the thigh gap but the hip abductor machines at the gym will tighten up the inner and outer thigh.
  • why?? Lol... I don't understand why people want thigh gaps? You can't get one by doing certain exercises.. you either have the bone structure for it or not. All you can do is lose the fat and maybe a gap will show through, maybe it wont.

Why? So they wouldn't freaking rub when I wear a skirt! LOL!! :explode:
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    I had a thigh gap in my twenties and was made fun of it endlessly so I find it funny that now its "en vogue" to have it. As stated, it depends on your bone structure really. I am 215 and I dont have thighs that rub together at all. Its bone structure, how your legs "sit" in your pelvis.

A lean and toned leg is attractive with or without a gap.