30 day shred begining 1-1-10

Options

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago...did L1D3 today. The arm part is SO hard! I don't have a problem with anything else, but I find myself having to just do the leg movements without lifting b/c my arms are on fire. Does this get better??

Oh and I have a hrm and it gives me variable cal burns each time, anywhere from 280-308 (today). I was surprised it was so high, because I consider myself moderately fit. Yay for burning that much in only 27 minutes!!! :bigsmile:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago...did L1D3 today. The arm part is SO hard! I don't have a problem with anything else, but I find myself having to just do the leg movements without lifting b/c my arms are on fire. Does this get better??

Oh and I have a hrm and it gives me variable cal burns each time, anywhere from 280-308 (today). I was surprised it was so high, because I consider myself moderately fit. Yay for burning that much in only 27 minutes!!! :bigsmile:

The only thing I have a problem with is the push ups .... I HATE THEM!!!!! But I do them anyway... I have to take 5 second breaks throughout though... I don't do as many as they do on the DVD... I'm working up to it though... I'm doing a little more each time...
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    yeah, I really don't know how anyone can do this 30 days straight! I'm thinking Jillian intended this to be a 30 day shred...meaning do this workout for 30 days...period....not necessarily in a row...sorta adjust it to work for you...so...with that being said...I finished D7L1 today! I feel great! I weighed in on Friday...and I was down 2.8 lbs!! YES!! I also purchased Jillians 5 disc box set "The Biggest Winner"....and I did the 1st DVD....and it was, to me, very similar to the shred...meaning...she does the circuit training there too...just for longer periods of time! i am so excited going into week 2!! have a fabulously fit week ladies and gents!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    L1D7 it felt good to be Shredding again after the weekend off. After reading everyones posts I'm starting to wonder how I can fit in my cardio (walking/running) and shredding. I'm thinking next week I might start cardio MWF, shred on TU, THR, Sat.

I haven't done any measurements/weigh, I probably won't till closer to the 30 days, I only do it about once a month.
    :happy: Shredding:flowerforyou:
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done! Definitely getting easier - I upped the weights today to keep the sweat up. I think I'm about ready for L2, but will do L1 2 more times at the higher weight.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Just finished L1 D6 !! I am feeling GREAT!!! I can really feel my arms and legs getting toned!! Sticking with the shred this time :)
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D8. It is a lot easier and I have increased my weights. I will do 2 more days on this level (Wednesday and Friday) and then I will move to level 2.
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    Well, I moved on to level 2 today....and it KICKED MY BUTT!! it hasn't been 10 days on level 1...but I really felt I needed more of a push...so I'll maybe do 12 days on Level 2...I definitely know I'll be feeling this tomorrow!! LOL!!
  • mokabean82
    Options
    I did Level 2 today!!! I wasn't sure I could do it, but I did it! It's definitely hard, but Anita is still there with the modified moves (and I needed them!) I'm blogging about the whole experience. Check it out if you get a chance. :)

http://emilyroach.blogspot.com/

Good job everyone! It does get easier.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I did Level 2 today!!! I wasn't sure I could do it, but I did it! It's definitely hard, but Anita is still there with the modified moves (and I needed them!) I'm blogging about the whole experience. Check it out if you get a chance. :)

http://emilyroach.blogspot.com/

Good job everyone! It does get easier.

I just "followed" you on blogspot so I could read it later..... When when you see this random person now following you, you will know who it is! :laugh: congrats on pushing yourself!! :drinker:
  • mschelle
    Options
    I did Beginner's Frontside yesterday, a few hours after doing the L1D8 of the Shred. It was pretty much the same thing as the shred, but twice as long and doesn't flow as well. But if you're looking for extra, it's not a bad supplement. I was still sweating buckets when I was done.

Be back later....
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tamelab for the info. I ordered a HRM & got me a new pair of sneakers so when my 30 Day Shred comes in I am ready & in full effect.
    You ladies have me so amped over it I can't wait to feel the pain you all are feeling. I am riding the bike & doing the 10 Min Trainers until it arrives.

I will be following you to Emily!!!
    Keep up the great work everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Thank you Tamelab for the info. I ordered a HRM & got me a new pair of sneakers so when my 30 Day Shred comes in I am ready & in full effect.
    You ladies have me so amped over it I can't wait to feel the pain you all are feeling. I am riding the bike & doing the 10 Min Trainers until it arrives.

I seriously need to get an HRM !
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I did L2 D1, I did it by accident, played the wrong workout and it wouldn't let me go back without listening to Jillian talk again. I wish I could skip that part, after hearing it once I don't need to keep hearing it.

Level 2 was not to bad but I did stay with Anita, I don't think I'll ever be able to do some of those moves like Natalie does!

I'm going to check out emily's blog,
    :flowerforyou:
  • mschelle
    Options
    L1D9 done! After reading posts about it, I'm downright scared to start L2 on Thursday! Friday's my anniversary and I don't want to be L1D1 sore!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    L1D9 done! After reading posts about it, I'm downright scared to start L2 on Thursday! Friday's my anniversary and I don't want to be L1D1 sore!!

Maybe you could start L2 on Saturday when your fun day is over? Happy Anniversary!
  • mschelle
    Options
    Hm, maybe I should. Good idea, Tammy! And thanks!
  • tamelab
    Options

You are welcome. Which HRM did you choose? Do you mind me asking what you had to pay for it? It sounds like you are ready to go. Keep us posted and good luck!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You are welcome. Which HRM did you choose? Do you mind me asking what you had to pay for it? It sounds like you are ready to go. Keep us posted and good luck!

No problem at all Tammy! I bought the Polar F6 for $90 from Amazon. I saw it before for $119 at Walmart & Target so I am happy with the buy. I will definitely let you know how it is once I get it. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    No problem at all Tammy! I bought the Polar F6 for $90 from Amazon. I saw it before for $119 at Walmart & Target so I am happy with the buy. I will definitely let you know how it is once I get it. :flowerforyou:

I really need to get an HRM as well! Let me know how this works for you...when you get it! anyone else have any suggestions for a good HRM,?? I'd love to get one of the arm Bugg things they use on Biggest Loser...but they're SOOOOO expensive! :(
    I did not do shred today, gave my muscles a break...tomorrow I'll be onto D9L2! Yikes!! I feel much more toned...and much more fit! I SO needed this! hopefully it'll jumpstart my weight loss again...and I can get past these hurdles I've been trying to jump over...Watching biggest Loser that I DVR'd...and I tell you what...I totally get remotivated with every episode! now...to just STAY motivated! My third nursing semester starts on Tuesday...and I'm SCARED TO DEATH to put all my weight back on...