30 day shred begining 1-1-10

Options

Replies

• alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I saw the DVD at Target for $10 yesterday and almost bought it, but then I looked at the back and put it down. I really don't like workout videos. I always find them really boring. Is the Shred really that good? I am now thinking I should try it because I need more variation to my workout routine. Is it face-paced? fun?

Thanks!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I saw the DVD at Target for $10 yesterday and almost bought it, but then I looked at the back and put it down. I really don't like workout videos. I always find them really boring. Is the Shred really that good? I am now thinking I should try it because I need more variation to my workout routine. Is it face-paced? fun?

Thanks!

I like it because it is quick. I can fit 20 minutes in almost any time. I have noticed results in just the two weeks I have been doing it so that also helps.
  • tamelab
    Options
    I just finished L2D1 and it was hard, much harder than I thought it would be. I had to stick with Anita on the plank moves and I was a puddle when I finished, but I am glad to be moving on up. I plan to do the Shred Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week and gym days on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday or Sunday. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday:smile:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I just finished L2D1 and it was hard, much harder than I thought it would be. I had to stick with Anita on the plank moves and I was a puddle when I finished, but I am glad to be moving on up. I plan to do the Shred Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week and gym days on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday or Sunday. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday:smile:

Way to go... I'm a little scared of Level 2 :laugh: Everyone who has done it has said it is BRUTAL!!!
    I am also having to stagger my Shred days because I LOVE my gym time!!! I do a lot of cardio and toning at the gym, so doing the shred on those days is just .... well, crazy!! So, I can't do the Shred everyday like I had initially wanted to... BUT I am still shredding... I still need to do Level 1 D7 ... I'm going to the gym tonight for cardio, but I may go ahead and squeeze Day 7 in there.... I don't want to let too much time lapse in between my shred days, because it seems so much harder to come back to it...
    Happy Shredding!! :drinker:
  • tamelab
    Options
    I just finished L2D2 and it was still hard. I did the plank jacks this time instead of the modified version and did some of the ones where you are in plank position and have to bring your knees to your chest. Those kill me. By the end when it is time to do abs and she says get in plank position, I could just scream! I am trying to do the Shred every other day. I don't want to miss it too many days either because it is just like starting over for me if I do. I am finally down 3 more pounds since January 1!! How is everybody else doing?
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I just finished L2D2 and it was still hard. I did the plank jacks this time instead of the modified version and did some of the ones where you are in plank position and have to bring your knees to your chest. Those kill me. By the end when it is time to do abs and she says get in plank position, I could just scream! I am trying to do the Shred every other day. I don't want to miss it too many days either because it is just like starting over for me if I do. I am finally down 3 more pounds since January 1!! How is everybody else doing?

Way to go on those 3 lbs!!!! It is such a great feeling, isn't it?!!! I'm not getting around to the shred today... too much going on... But I'm going to cardio it in at the gym tonight... So, hopeing to shred it tomorrow!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I missed Saturday because L2D2 + 50 minutes of Backside = very sore back. So, rather than push it and miss a week, I skipped a day. I did L2D3 on Sunday. It's still hard, but it took a while to get used to L1, so...I will not quit!

I wouldn't feel so guilty about skipping Saturday if I didn't *also* skip today because I haven't had time until right now, and now I am just exhausted. I also think PMS is kicking my butt this week and sucking all motivation out of me.

I *have to* - *I will* - get up tomorrow and do L2D4. I don't want to start making up excuses and stop - especially with all the progress I've been making (-4 lbs, -1.5" off of waist, -1.5" off of hips, -0.5" off thighs...WOOHOO!!).

So tonight I allow myself rest :flowerforyou: - so I can get up early tomorrow and push myself! :grumble:
  • mschelle
    Options
    I did the plank jacks this time instead of the modified version and did some of the ones where you are in plank position and have to bring your knees to your chest. Those kill me.

I hear you Tammy! Is it me, or is the modified actually harder than the original move?

I still hate plank jacks :laugh:
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Well I just started 30 day shred level 1 yesterday, just thought I'd see how everyone who has been on it so long is doing? I'm hoping I lose a good amount and tone up a bit too. I'm definitely out of shape it definitely got me a bit out of breath, but I pushed through it. I was told that you aren't supposed to do each level more than 7 days and you're not supposed to do it everyday, does anyone know if that's true?
  • tamelab
    Options
    Well I just started 30 day shred level 1 yesterday, just thought I'd see how everyone who has been on it so long is doing? I'm hoping I lose a good amount and tone up a bit too. I'm definitely out of shape it definitely got me a bit out of breath, but I pushed through it. I was told that you aren't supposed to do each level more than 7 days and you're not supposed to do it everyday, does anyone know if that's true?

We tried to do it every day when we first started on January 1. The plan was to shred straight through January but it was too much. Most of us are doing other exercises as well and it is just too hard to fit it in and I was too sore. I am doing about ten days of each level and trying for every other day. I am on L2D3 now and I did level 1 for 8 days. Good luck!
  • tamelab
    Options

Way to go on those 3 lbs!!!! It is such a great feeling, isn't it?!!! I'm not getting around to the shred today... too much going on... But I'm going to cardio it in at the gym tonight... So, hopeing to shred it tomorrow!

Thanks! It does feel great to finally move the scale a little bit!
  • tamelab
    Options
    I missed Saturday because L2D2 + 50 minutes of Backside = very sore back. So, rather than push it and miss a week, I skipped a day. I did L2D3 on Sunday. It's still hard, but it took a while to get used to L1, so...I will not quit!

I wouldn't feel so guilty about skipping Saturday if I didn't *also* skip today because I haven't had time until right now, and now I am just exhausted. I also think PMS is kicking my butt this week and sucking all motivation out of me.

I *have to* - *I will* - get up tomorrow and do L2D4. I don't want to start making up excuses and stop - especially with all the progress I've been making (-4 lbs, -1.5" off of waist, -1.5" off of hips, -0.5" off thighs...WOOHOO!!).

So tonight I allow myself rest :flowerforyou: - so I can get up early tomorrow and push myself! :grumble:

Good for you. PMS is a valid reason. Don't feel guilty. You will do it tomorrow!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    I did the plank jacks this time instead of the modified version and did some of the ones where you are in plank position and have to bring your knees to your chest. Those kill me.

I hear you Tammy! Is it me, or is the modified actually harder than the original move?

I still hate plank jacks :laugh:

I hate them all:angry: but the knee to chest things are my worst whether modified or regular.
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    Weigh to go everyone!! Today, was day 3 of getting up at 6 am to workout! I truly had to push myself...since I am not a morning person...but with school starting back up...IF I'm going to workout...I HAVE to workout in the mornings! Grrrr! Today, I started with my 25 minute Core Secrets Full Body Workout, then followed it with the Shred! I'm on L2D14! I LOVE it! I'm feeling SO very good!! It's funny...cause I've ALWAYS quit...I've ALWAYS looked to others for motivation. I needed a workout partner....an accountability partner...someone to keep me in line...then, I read this....

"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time."

And, WOW...that hit me hard! IF I want this to be a lifestyle change....a PERMANENT change...I have to take life by the horns...and DO IT...by myself! FOR ME!! I can't rely on anyone else...cause undoubtedly ...they will always fail me. They're human. The only one who will not fail me in my lifetime...is my God...And I've had no confidence in myself...in my abilities. I have never felt like I can do this...without someone doing it with me....holding my hand. Well...its time...and I feel GREAT that I'm doing this for myself...and that, though I'm making small changes (i.e. getting up at 6 am)...but I AM doing it...on my own! So...I don't know if anyone cares to listen to me ramble...but those are my thoughts today. And I am so thankful for MFP...and that I can come on here and vent...and express my feeling...my victories...and my failures! now...on to bed...so I can get up again at 6 am and workout!! happy Shredding everyone! I don't know about you...but I'm sure feeling much toner!!!
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    I guess its actually L2D6...but I've been shredding for 14 days...just 6 have been on level 2! LOL
  • mschelle
    Options
    Tammy - Thanks for the encouragement!

MrsPrazak05 - Good for you! I had a similar epiphany when I quit smoking. I can't blame the tools or my friends that quit then went back - it had to come from me. Once I did it for me, it was a lot, well not 'easier', but maybe more 'motivating' is a better word.

10 hours of sleep last night and I feel a LOT better. Up at 730 to workout. Still sweating as I type this :ohwell:

L2D4 done!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Got my shred on today... one of my off days from the gym... that's when I do the shred...
    Finished Level 1 Day 7 today... Feeling GREAT!!
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You guys convinced me - I want to try the 30 day shred! What equipment do I need? It sounds from your posts like I need a jumprope and some hand weights? Anything else? I'm going to look at my cable "on demand" channel to see if the Shred is on there, and if it's not, I'll head to Target to buy it. Always looking for good fitness recommendations!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    just weights! You don't actually use a jumprope at all... :)

I use 3 lb and 5 lb weights... I switch back and forth..
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Hey folks -

I bought the video in December - just FYI - I forgot who said they were going to Target to get it -they have it at Cotsco for $7.99. :happy:

But anyhoo I started real strong on 1/1/10 and had done it like 5 days then I don't know what happened.:grumble: I am continually hitting the gym so tonight I told my kids to make sure to I get back on track and make sure Mommy's does the video. I plan on doing Level one for 5 more times and then I will move up - I NEED TO!

So anyhoo - hoping to keep up and get some some virtual kicks in the butt if you don't see me on here checking in with ya'll!

Thanks ya'll :flowerforyou: