30 day shred begining 1-1-10

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Got my shred on today... one of my off days from the gym... that's when I do the shred...
    Finished Level 1 Day 7 today... Feeling GREAT!!

Good for you!! I shred tomorrow. See you then.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey folks -

I bought the video in December - just FYI - I forgot who said they were going to Target to get it -they have it at Cotsco for $7.99. :happy:

But anyhoo I started real strong on 1/1/10 and had done it like 5 days then I don't know what happened.:grumble: I am continually hitting the gym so tonight I told my kids to make sure to I get back on track and make sure Mommy's does the video. I plan on doing Level one for 5 more times and then I will move up - I NEED TO!

So anyhoo - hoping to keep up and get some some virtual kicks in the butt if you don't see me on here checking in with ya'll!

Thanks ya'll :flowerforyou:

Sounds great. I'll send you a friend request and I will send you a PM if I don't see you on here.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I did the plank jacks this time instead of the modified version and did some of the ones where you are in plank position and have to bring your knees to your chest. Those kill me.

I hear you Tammy! Is it me, or is the modified actually harder than the original move?

I still hate plank jacks :laugh:

I'm still here shredding but with classes starting I haven't had time to post. Today I did L2D2. I'm glad I stopped in yesterday and read the above quotes! The advanced move is easier than the modified!

I'm still at my starting weight which is good since I'm at goal. I am hoping I'm toning. I'll do measurements after my 30 days are up. I've been shredding M-F taking Sat/Sun off.
    :flowerforyou:
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Alrighty :bigsmile: I did my Shred last night and since it had been a few days I have achy muscles..but feel good. So I am on L1D5, tonight is the gym. I try to do the video on days I don't hit the gym but it's tough..I think I may try waking up early to do it- downstairs - quietly while the kids and hubbie are sleeping. The only bad thing is I already have to be up and moving by 6am to get the kids ready for school...so I think next week I am going to try in the am - but regardless will be doing it Sat & Sun.

Have fun shredding :flowerforyou:
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I just started shredding this week. After L1 D1 I wasn't sore at all. I felt a slight twinge in my quads because I certainly don't strengthen those enough (and lunges of course kill my knees - had to stick with the easy version), but other than that I felt fine.
    I think I'm only going to stick with L1 long enough to be able to do it once without sweating (maybe 5 days) and then move up. I hope L2 is tougher and from what I hear it is.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    L2D5 done!! Not as hard as it's been. - although I still can't do *all* of the squat jumps or that last ab move.

Could be that I ate lunch 20 minutes before, could be because I am now officially half-way through! Woohoo!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey all...I did L2D4 of the Shred today. It is getting easier each time but I sure am getting tired of hearing Jillian say the same thing over and over:laugh: I was able to do the plank jacks and most of the other ones (where you pull your knees to your chest). I can't remember what those are called. Have a good night everybody. I will Shred again on Saturday or Sunday. See you then.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hey all...I did L2D4 of the Shred today. It is getting easier each time but I sure am getting tired of hearing Jillian say the same thing over and over:laugh: I was able to do the plank jacks and most of the other ones (where you pull your knees to your chest). I can't remember what those are called. Have a good night everybody. I will Shred again on Saturday or Sunday. See you then.

YAY!!! HOw encouraging to hear you say that it is getting easier!!! I know that is how Level 1 has been with me..... I'm scared of level 2 :laugh: So, it is really good to hear your report :drinker:
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I will say this about level 2-- it SUCKS. Well not really. Just a LOT more upper body strength--- well that and I am using 5 lb weights. But OMGGGGG it kills me. And i have people who live below me who hear me jumping all over the place after work. >.> Ooops. But really--- I LOVE the shred. And even though I am not "shreding right though" it is okay. Your body DOES need a day off... and its honestly about 25 mins if you include your warm up (which gets your heart rate up). So I mean I am trying for 5 days a week. Have been on the shred level 2 for about 5 days and have done three days of it so far.... So we will see.

My favorites of level 2 are the walking push ups... anyone else? The plank jacks I can do.. but I feel bad making so much noise to the people down stairs. Anyone else feel like that?
  • tamelab
    Options

YAY!!! HOw encouraging to hear you say that it is getting easier!!! I know that is how Level 1 has been with me..... I'm scared of level 2 :laugh: So, it is really good to hear your report :drinker:

Don't be scared. You can do it!! Just follow Anita if you need to, which I have to on some of those plank moves. I can really tell a difference in my shoulder tone. My husband told me the other day that my shoulders looked like someone who worked out, so something must be working!!
  • kandyjo
    Options

Don't be scared. You can do it!! Just follow Anita if you need to, which I have to on some of those plank moves. I can really tell a difference in my shoulder tone. My husband told me the other day that my shoulders looked like someone who worked out, so something must be working!!

YAY!!! No more "back fat"!!!! I can't wait!!!! :laugh:
  • mschelle
    Options
    L2D6 DONE! I managed to raise the temperature in my basement (where I work out) 3 degrees in the course of working out! Ha! :laugh:

My mantra - I can do this for 5 more seeconds...I can do this for 5 more seconds. It actually got me through *all* the plank jacks this time!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    L2D6 DONE! I managed to raise the temperature in my basement (where I work out) 3 degrees in the course of working out! Ha! :laugh:

My mantra - I can do this for 5 more seeconds...I can do this for 5 more seconds. It actually got me through *all* the plank jacks this time!

WOW!! Awesome!! I will have to try the "5 second" mantra when I get to Level 2 :laugh:
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, Can I join your group? I have been doing the shred for 7 days now. And I have found it to be awesome. At first I was really sore but now I feel so good. I am so proud of myself for going this far. Usually, I would have quit by now. I need all the support I can get. :)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I complete the 30 Day Shred.............Did everyday except for 3 days. One day i need a day off and the other 2 days I had heavy workouts at the gym.................I lost 7-10 pounds and tonned up a lot...........I'm going to it another month.
  • Monda
    Options
    I complete the 30 Day Shred.............Did everyday except for 3 days. One day i need a day off and the other 2 days I had heavy workouts at the gym.................I lost 7-10 pounds and tonned up a lot...........I'm going to it another month.
    Great job! I am going to keep doing it too! I love the workout so far! I am only on Level 1 day 8 tomorrow. I love it! Keep up the good work!
  • mschelle
    Options
    Hey guys, Can I join your group? I have been doing the shred for 7 days now. And I have found it to be awesome. At first I was really sore but now I feel so good. I am so proud of myself for going this far. Usually, I would have quit by now. I need all the support I can get. :)

Of course! Welcome, Monda!

L2D7 done! I noticed today I have a waist! It's so cool! And I have freaky-looking muscles on my legs that I can see moving under my gym clothes (that I'm sure only I can see, but I know they're there!)

I felt so good this morning I was planning to do L1 after L2, but after the warm up and first circuit, I realized I'm a little weak from L2 so rather than hurt myself, I stopped. Maybe later, if I have time. Oh well, an extra 10 minutes nonetheless.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey guys...Had a busy weekend with a birthday party for my youngest and then came my TOM. I am taking today off because I feel so bad. I will be back at the Shred M-W-F this week. You are all doing great. Keep up the good work!!

Monda...Hi and welcome to the group:smile:
  • kandyjo
    Options

Of course! Welcome, Monda!

L2D7 done! I noticed today I have a waist! It's so cool! And I have freaky-looking muscles on my legs that I can see moving under my gym clothes (that I'm sure only I can see, but I know they're there!)

I felt so good this morning I was planning to do L1 after L2, but after the warm up and first circuit, I realized I'm a little weak from L2 so rather than hurt myself, I stopped. Maybe later, if I have time. Oh well, an extra 10 minutes nonetheless.

Congratulations on the muscle definitions!!!!! I can't wait to actually be able to see some muscle "cuts"..... I know I have a long row to hoe.... It's exciting though... Keep those encouraging experiences coming!!! :happy:
  • Monda
    Options
    I completed Day 8 today. I almost took the day off but I was too motivated to miss a day. I love this DVD so much! It is better than any I have ever tried. I viewed Level 2 today and it really looks challenging. I will be moving into that on Wednesday. Good Luck!