Bikini Babes - January 2010

Options

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

I've been reading weight loss tips on-line and I've decided to make a big batch of veggie soup to eat before dinner. I made my own veggie broth and have a couple of week's worth in the freezer. I'm just going to add a combo of frozen and fresh veggies to the broth and try eating a big bowl before dinner. I make my broth with almost no salt - so I can season it when I use it. I think I may just keep it fairly bland as I'm all bloated up from the holidays. I'm craving so much food - perhaps a "starter" of veggie soup will help satisfy me. Worth a shot.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all your kind words with the passing of Bear. It meant a lot.

My weigh in yesterday was 157.5 so I was down 1.5 lbs. I am doing the results now, so they should be posted in the next few minutes
  • sjmay
    Options
    And the results:

Blondie925 - 0.70%
    isotope - 0.54%
    savvystephy - 0.59%
    sjmay - 0.94%

Congrats everyone, another great job this week. I'm pretty excited, this is my first time to win. So, I was thinking for the challenge this week, make sure to track everything that you eat/drink and also to do the exercise that mfp has recommended for you for the week.

Good luck ladies:drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    And the results:

Blondie925 - 0.70%
    isotope - 0.54%
    savvystephy - 0.59%
    sjmay - 0.94%

Congrats everyone, another great job this week. I'm pretty excited, this is my first time to win. So, I was thinking for the challenge this week, make sure to track everything that you eat/drink and also to do the exercise that mfp has recommended for you for the week.

Thank you for this challenge.... I have learned that I do WAY better when I'm tracking my food.... It is a major key for success in my opinion!!
    Congrats on the big loss!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    And the results:

Blondie925 - 0.70%
    isotope - 0.54%
    savvystephy - 0.59%
    sjmay - 0.94%

Nice Challenge! I definitely need to track EVERYTHING or I may accidentally go over. :tongue: However, so far this week I haven't lost any weight - in fact I have gained (even though I am sticking to my calorie goals), so I am hoping that it is muscle.. lol

Congrats on winning Sjmay!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    And the results:

Blondie925 - 0.70%
    isotope - 0.54%
    savvystephy - 0.59%
    sjmay - 0.94%

Nice Challenge! I definitely need to track EVERYTHING or I may accidentally go over. :tongue: However, so far this week I haven't lost any weight - in fact I have gained (even though I am sticking to my calorie goals), so I am hoping that it is muscle.. lol

That is when measuring would really benefit us :laugh: I really, really need to be measuring, but I just won't take the time to get my husband to do it :tongue: I'm sure that you are gaining muscle... One good why to measure (without the tape) is how your clothes are fitting! Keep up the good work!!
  • savvystephy
    Options
    And the results:

Blondie925 - 0.70%
    isotope - 0.54%
    savvystephy - 0.59%
    sjmay - 0.94%

That is when measuring would really benefit us :laugh: I really, really need to be measuring, but I just won't take the time to get my husband to do it :tongue: I'm sure that you are gaining muscle... One good why to measure (without the tape) is how your clothes are fitting! Keep up the good work!!

Thanks Kandy! I measure at the end of every month, so I am trying to not get too hyped up about it right now. :tongue: I am sure that's all it is, if it lasts for more than two weeks (weight gain), then I will reassess what I am doing and try to flip flop some things around to push it back down. :tongue:
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    And the results:

Blondie925 - 0.70%
    isotope - 0.54%
    savvystephy - 0.59%
    sjmay - 0.94%

Awesome job everyone! And congrats sjmay! Great challenge too!
  • jlbay
    Options
    Congrats sjmay! Great challenge - I definitely need it to get myself back on track.
  • sjmay
    Options
    Good morning!

How's everyone doing with the challenge? I am not doing so great. I have been making sure to log all my food - except yesterday I ate way too much and didn't get it all logged. And I haven't done any exercise :sad: I'm so angry with myself. To think that I was frusterated when I got on the scale this morning and it was back up! I just really need to get my butt back in gear. It's like I think I'm still on holidays :explode:

So, I was hoping that everyone else is doing much better than me????

Have a great day :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm doing well!!! I HAVE to log my food, so I will be faithfully doing that :laugh: I do sooooo much better when I log... I have been feeling fabulous!!! Seriously; more energy, good mood... I attribute it to eating right and exercising so religiously lately... So, it is encouraging... The scale is not moving like I want it to right now... but I'm hoping it will give me fruits from my labor soon :wink:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm doing well!!! I HAVE to log my food, so I will be faithfully doing that :laugh: I do sooooo much better when I log... I have been feeling fabulous!!! Seriously; more energy, good mood... I attribute it to eating right and exercising so religiously lately... So, it is encouraging... The scale is not moving like I want it to right now... but I'm hoping it will give me fruits from my labor soon :wink:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I am doing well - logging food religiously and exercising every day so far this week. :smile: I have been so hungry today, so I have been trying to stick to healthy snacks (like green beans and carrots..). I only have 250 calories left and still haven't had dinner (it's 5:10pm here). BUT, I haven't exercised yet and will be doing boot camp conditioning tonight, so that should burn a ton of calories. I won't be too upset if I go over today though because my body has just been hungry hungry hungry - so I am just listening to what it needs. :tongue:
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    yes, i've been loggng my food and exercise. i've haven't weight myself for almost a week. i've decided to wait and weight myself saturday. i went jean shopping today. my 10's are to big. so i'm into a size 8's and i also bought a pair of 6's too.i can get the sixes on, but need alittle more work. i can zip it up and button it, with no problem, but it's a stomach thing.
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Chinoachem said:
    Short Term goal: Still fit into the size 6 brides maid dress I just bought by March.

Long Term Goal: Run a 1/2 marathon this year. Really run the whole thing.

Goal just completed: Going 1 whole year without being in the emergency room for my asthma. I have finally beat it into submission for the first time since I was a child.

Happy New Year.

I just have to butt in and say that this post made me tear up! I have had chronic asthma since I was a kid, too, and I got it under control a couple of years ago. Going to the emergency room for asthma is awful. There were times where I would be suffering in the waiting room for HOURS because it wasn't "serious enough" to get me in before other people. I would hold myself back all the time because I was afraid of going to the hospital. It's WONDERFUL that you completed this goal. May you breathe easy for many years to come!! And good luck completing you other goals!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, BIKINI BABES!
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    Good morning!

How's everyone doing with the challenge? I am not doing so great. I have been making sure to log all my food - except yesterday I ate way too much and didn't get it all logged. And I haven't done any exercise :sad: I'm so angry with myself. To think that I was frusterated when I got on the scale this morning and it was back up! I just really need to get my butt back in gear. It's like I think I'm still on holidays :explode:

So, I was hoping that everyone else is doing much better than me????

Have a great day :drinker:

I've been logging everything and I certainly don't like some of things I'm seeing! A couple of days there with all the work stress and I was eating crap. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day :)
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Saturday, January 16th Weigh In

Starting Weight: 193
    Bikini Babe Start: 179
    Last Weigh in: 168
    This Week: 167

This week loss: -1
    Bikini Babe total loss: -12
  • jlbay