Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    lol *kitten*
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who never seems to sit still....fidget.
  • LMPMOM4
    Options
    I always used to think my activity level was sedentary because I'm an at home mommy. Then I got a BodyMedia Fit and realized I'm pretty darn active. I am always on my feet cooking, cleaning, shopping, playing with my kids at the park or the pool, and I walk my dogs every day and I ride bike towing kids in a trailer instead of driving everywhere. It adds up! And when you exercise on top of that it's a lot of extra energy expenditure a day.

Now if my metabolism would heal from all the low calories I've been eating over the years!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    one dilema tho! (ohhh and here comes the negative bird with too much time on her hands!!) I am disabled, I can't walk far, nor stand for long either... any ideas for the waist upwards???

Shadow boxing. Alternating punches. Do it for 30 seconds and then increase the amount of time you do them. Then you can increase the burn by adding weights.
  • sbrunskill
    Options
    Maybe a sillly question but, How do you keep track of the number of calories you are burning through neat?
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    lol *kitten*

I'm not playing with myself! Honest! I'm exercising!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    69eb53cb.gif
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I had to google *kitten*.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Great advice that does work. Instead of putting stuff on your stairs to take up later...do separate trips :smile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    LET US ALL *kitten* TO INCREASE OUR METABOLISMS!!!!!

*kitten*-funny-picture-6693.jpg
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Maybe a sillly question but, How do you keep track of the number of calories you are burning through neat?

In most circumstances I wouldn't bother.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Neato!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    :) That's why I'm taking the stairs at school now
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Moving around frequently at a slow pace is how human beings are meant to live
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I lol'd at *kitten*.
  • samlankford
    Options
    o my how DARE you post rocket science on here!! lol don't know about everyone else but i move around until 8pm then i get lazy foe 1 1/2 hr before bed... :yawn:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Yep. I LOVE this. Just like weight loss; Eat less, Move More. end of story. It works.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    According to my fitbit, the difference between spending a day sitting around doing very little and a day I just do more housework, walking my kids to school, walking farther in the parking lot etc. can be 2-400 calories... that's the difference between losing and maintaining... or worse, maintaining and gaining weight. Gotta keep moving...