Eat Healthy; Get Fit; Lose 100+ New Group 1st Weigh in Jan.

Options

Replies

• michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am up for the challenge of exercising, I have been going to the gym 4-5 days a week, so it will be a challenge those other 2 days, but I think I can do it. I normally weigh in on Mondays, but since you guys do friday, I am going to change my date, so Katie i will post tomorrow my starting weight, if you need anything else, let me know

Michelle
  • michfitzhome
    Options
    I am up for the challenge of exercising, I have been going to the gym 4-5 days a week, so it will be a challenge those other 2 days, but I think I can do it. I normally weigh in on Mondays, but since you guys do friday, I am going to change my date, so Katie i will post tomorrow my starting weight, if you need anything else, let me know

Michelle
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Weigh in time! I lost 2.6 pounds this week, I have lost 23 pounds!!!!! Have a fabulous Valentine's weekend! My brother is getting married on V-Day, my daughter is the adorable flower girl! My game plan this weekend is to relax and have fun, there will be several food temptations (wedding cake!).... I think I will try a little of everything and drink lots of water.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm down 0.6lbs this week to 216.8.
    TOM is starting for me and I'm super bloated, so I'm actually REALLY happy about 0.6 pounds! :drinker:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    AAAAWWWWW!!!! I gained this week!!! :cry: :sad: I'm up 2lbs (I'm 255 this week, I was 253 last week)!!!! I'm extremely frustrated, but I refuse to be discouraged. I'm really excited about the exercise challenge and I will start that today, after I go see Percy Jackson and the Olympians first:blushing: .

Congrats to everyone who lost this week!!! Great job!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Katie, put me down for a 8 lb loss, because I've now lost the same 4 lbs TWICE. UGH! Can't seem to get past 218, fluctuating between it and 222. Going to chug a lug water today like nobody's business and get to gym early for run. No excuses today, I'm sick of this bouncing around nonsense.
    Hopefully better results tomorrow.
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    alright weigh in time today I am 239 :) that's a 3.5 pound loss this week!!!!!
    I'm sure I wont have as much success next week (TOM) but will see!!
    Excited too see how everyone else did this week!
    And rememebr 30 minutes of exercise this week , even if its just walking your dog!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    I may need a new scale because every time I get on it says something different, and I just changed the batteries a couple weeks ago. Anyway, I decided to go with the # that came up 3 times in a row, which is 273, so that would put me at a 1.5 pound loss.

I am still working on the water challenge, but I will add the exercise to my goal too.
  • dltracy
    dltracy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm finally back on track. I lost 5-3/4 pounds. I am down to 240.75 for a total loss of 71.25 pounds over the last 8 months. Now I need to break into the 230's. That is my immediate goal. This is the most I have lost in one week since I started in June. Hopefully it won't take me 2 months to hit the 80 pound loss. I am so happy and feeling so good. I drink 80 oz. of water a day, so the challenge wasn't a difficult one for me. Gotta run. Good luck everybody. Another week - another challenge.

Diana
    312/240.75/180
    (I'm now just past the halfway mark)
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Well- i have had a couple of late nights in a row, and although i stayed under my calories for the day (did exercise & get in more than my 64 oz of water daily); i ate after 9pm :tongue: and it does seem to make a difference for weigh-in for me. Anyway, i am up 1lb from my Wednesday weigh-in, blast it. :grumble: But still managed to show a loss for the week. :bigsmile: i am headed to the doctor's office to see the doctor & get the results from my blood work.

katie 222.6 (-2)

And i got in all my water and most days more than the minimum (not counting coffee, tea, juice, etc.) that is a huge change for me i used to have to include all liquid i drank and was often still short of the minimum :drinker:
  • mhagoaliemom
    Options
    Weighed 222.5 this morning. Lost 2.5! Got all my water in too!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    I may need a new scale because every time I get on it says something different, and I just changed the batteries a couple weeks ago. Anyway, I decided to go with the # that came up 3 times in a row, which is 273, so that would put me at a 1.5 pound loss.

I am still working on the water challenge, but I will add the exercise to my goal too.

Okay, I can't add! I mean a 2.5 pound loss, not 1.5!
  • marlemcdougal
    marlemcdougal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm 299.5 down -1.5. Pretty happy with that considering Sunday was a total write off. Any loss is a good loss :) Just got home from spin class. I blasted 1300 kcal. Have a great week.
  • michfitzhome
    Options
    My starting weight is 240.5 as friday is my new weigh in day, that is up from Monday, i have TOM so hopefully next week will be better

Michelle
  • MARLE!! Congrats on making it into the 200s this week!!

I was hoping to do the same but didn't make it. I was experimenting this week with the "just eating less but not tracking" method, because, let's face it, tracking can be tedious and sometimes even hard. Although I did lose, I only lost 0.8 pounds, taking me to 300.6. Still in the 300s! Back to tracking! When I see how well some of you are losing, it really brings home to me the power of tracking, being consistent and not trying to improve on a good program.

I'm up for the exercise challenge, too-- I haven't done any up till now, either. I may have to break it up into two or three chunks, but I'll do it! Will try to continue with the water drinking as well, so that these new habits build on one another.

Happy Valentine's Day to all, and to all who are single-- myself included-- remember to do something extra nice for yourself. : )

~Becca
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm just checking in now I'm usually the first one in but had to get up and out the door early today. Well I weighed in at 234.8 for .4 lose. I think it would have been more if I didn't blow it on Tuesday . But it is a lose!

But I did well on the water intake 10/8/8/8/8/8/10.

Hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Valentine's Day! Hugs!

Here I come exercise watch out!
  • jgrandison
    jgrandison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well goodevening all, I actually weighed in this am at 236.8 given me a 0.9 loss, however execerice is out for me for a while
    because I fell down the stairs at work and sprain my knee, did get my water in. congradualtions on all the great weigh ins
    have a great one!!!!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Marle- congratulations on dropping below 300, i know that feels good.
    Becca- you're right logging food does help. and breaking up exercise works too. (it is more effective if you can keep the exercise in at least 10 minute blocks.)

i did see the doctor today. my cholesterol numbers are still not great, but overall he is impressed with how i'm doing and said at this point he wants to remove, not add to my medications. (so we'll keep an eye on it, sometimes it is more about genetics and all my dieting can't change that) however, he did cut back the dosage of one medication i take and eliminated another one.

he was very pleased with my progress, in fact, he even said i am his star patient right now.

glad to have that validation. got to keep going, he wants to see me again in 3 months. i mean to drop that next 20 lbs, so that i can be 100 lbs down by then.

did an hour of water aerobics today. i will head to the gym tomorrow morning. Sunday is usually my day off (and i work about 10 hours) so getting in 30 minutes of anything but walking may be tough.
    have a happy valentine's day weekend everyone. -katie
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I ordered pizza:( I went over my calories by 1100! I am sooooo mad at myself! Ok over it! Today is a new day!!!
  • Katie, that is just wonderful that your doctor thinks you can maybe start reducing your medications. 80 pounds is a LOT of weight, so no wonder you are his prize patient!