Its 2010...Please Join Me

Options

Replies

• startfromscratch
    Options
    Just checking in. I've been doing my exercise four times a week. I jogged on the treadmill today for 35 minutes and as far as food goes, this weekend wasn't nearly as bad as last weekend, so I'll count that as a win. But I still need to drink more water. I'll be weighing tomorrow for the first time since starting and I'm hoping that I've lost some weight... Good luck to everyone this week.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    New Beginning: Do not get discouraged. I was where you are right now last year and guess what! I lost a lot of weight. 66 lbs. I am now at 159. Don't give up - you can do it and I am living proof. I have two kids and had just had a baby before losing all of this weight... I am looking to lose another 25-30. I start the Biggest Loser Contest at a local gym near where I work on Tuesday and am very excited to make this year as successful as last. Goal is to where that damned bikini or something close to it by June... Good luck and don't give up!
  • nilayonline
    Options
    Hi Folks,

My first week's done and I met my goal - I lost 3 & a quarter pounds !! :smile:

This despite the fact that I pretty much let go over the weekend :drinker: and never felt the slightest pang of deprivation. Maybe thanks to the fact that I walked more than I had planned. Anyhow, seems to be a good start. I am hoping that I can continue to lose at the same steady pace.

Best Regards,

- n
  • Keltinator
    Options
    startfromscratch--good luck on your weighin tomorrow. i'm also psyched for the salad challenge this week. i like that it's realistic but not lazy.

i've noticed since i've started caring more about what i eat, i feel more confident with myself. it doesn't really even have to do with the weight, because with 4 pounds there's not really much of a noticable difference. however, i went to a party on saturday and didn't feel anxious about myself, or if i was eating too much, or if people were thinking i was 'fat' or anything. i love the self-confidence i'm gaining :)

good luck for the next week ahead everyone :heart:
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Im on some medicine that cuts my appetite......I had a real busy day yesterday and noticed that i was trying to eat 1000 calories at 8 at night ( although im up until 1 am) it was alot....

My calories are 1240 a day. If I didnt eat the 800 I would have been under by alot. What do others do in this situation?

You would think eating less would be better for weight loss but i know they say anything under 1200 is starvation......im stuck.....
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi NewBeginning

If its really late and you have lots of calories to eat through don't feel that you have to cram in an extra 1000 calories. If your under by alot one night - if its only once in a while that this happens its not bad on the body. Sometimes changing your calorie intake like that (but not doing it often) is good - it keeps the body guessing - which is good for your metabolism - sort of like zig zag dieting.

I personally don't know how anyone can only put in 1200 calories a day. I struggle with 1600 and I have to exercise just to be able to eat more.

Darn I need to control my eating!
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Hi Myth

I can't do your mindless drinking tonight!!! I have to have a blood test done tomorrow and it requires no food no water for 12hours.

I wonder if I heard the doctor wrong... I can understand no food before certain blood test..

BUT NO WATER????? hmmmmm.... thats tough!!! maybe I need to check this again.

Im doing 24hr urine test.

ITs TOUGH!
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Ive just come back from Hamilton.. Spent the weekend relaxing with some friends its about 2 hours drive away.

I weighed myself this morning and I have put on 1kilo which i think is about 2pounds.

Arrgghhh!!

But this morning I went and did my first work out at the gym,. yes I have re-signed up at the gym again.. its a new gym this time. It even has a hair straigtener in the womans bathroom.. how flash!!!!!
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Welcome Spiritinthesky2k

Those are really good plans you have there!!!

Way to GO!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Myth I'll take you challange. :wink: I'll plan for 2 salads this week. Tonight I'll go by some Romaine and Spinch leaves.

Chipgal
  • aubreysgrammy
    aubreysgrammy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Challange is on!! Salad at dinner tonight and I am already on my 3rd bottle of water! I've had the munchies all day but haven't given in so far and after reading all the posts I think I'll get thru those darn muchies!!
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ILL TRY TO ADD SALAD THIS WEEK X 2.....IM ON MY THIRD DAY OF NO SODA ONLY WATER AND TEA I THINK THATS PROGRESS!!!
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Nilayonline,

Congrats on the weightloss, you seem to be one of few who did good this last week, myself not on byour list,lol. WTG!
  • Myth
    Options
    startfrom scratch I hope you have a good weigh in day! :flowerforyou:
  • Myth
    Options
    Eeek,

I love those times like your party. I can relate! The one thing that shocked me was my first time like that. I realized I was thinking abotu the food when this is about friends and fun NOT FOOD! It was liek a light bulb,lol. To bad those lightbulbs go out an dI have to keep replacing them but I do replace them! :)
  • Myth
    Options
    Newbegining,

ONe day inder your calories liek that not so bad but doing it like once a week I think would be damaging to your metabolism. Just my guess. I AM NO Dr! lol I wish you luck chica you seem like you are struggeling alot. I wish you a good day today!
  • Myth
    Options
    Jaymie, I hope your dr visit went well. I also hope you are not to sore from the gym! lol As far as the challange take it and do it when you can it just sounded like something fun to me. :)
  • Myth
    Options
    CHipgal,

I am doing sald tmrw and thursday. Cause I am haveing left over chicken today. As far as water I am trying! I want to get one bottle down before class this morning because i had 2 cups of coffee this morning. Then one after andhoepfully one more today. More then that and i am watr logged and peeng more then a pregnant woman,lol. GOodlcuk with the challange!
  • Myth
    Options
    Aubreysgrammy,

I hoep you made it wth no munchies! And good luck with the challange! I need it to lol. You sound like you are doing great already!
  • Myth
    Options
    Newbegining,

WOW Congrats on no soda for 3 days! As for the chalange goodluck!