Its 2010...Please Join Me

Options

Replies

• Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    eek, I hope your cold goes away fast! DO NOT give up it is awsome that you are feeling better yourself. I so was ready to cry last week with the whole weight not changing btu I didnt I I believe tmrw morning I will be happy about it. :) Keep up the good work and stay motivated!
  • Myth
    Options
    Jaymie,

Congrats on the lunch, that sounds so awsome! I hope that second salad is a good one! Mindless drinking, yaayyy now just stop all the peeeing! lol
  • Myth
    Options
    chipgal,

Good luck with those salads YOU CAN DO IT! Oh ya I love taking the boxes home from the reasturnats, that means I didnt eat till I felt so uncomfortable, and i have yummy leftovers for the next day!! WTG!
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Alright I have only had one salad this week... so I will have to make one tomorrow! I am really scared to get on the scale in the morning for our weigh in... I was only able to go to the gym Sunday and Monday this week. At one point this week I was down 2 more lbs... but two days I have been over my calories.... so I am thinking I will be about the same as last week. Cross your fingers for me!
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nicmc8 good luck on your weigh in. I am pulling a 16 hr shift here at work and will only get 5 hrs of sleep before i have to be back t do it again...i know my weigh in will suffer and iv worked so hard. Im sorry that i havent been able to get back to everyone individually but you are all doing a great job and thanks for joining us :) Im trying so hard to stay awake...i have 5 hrs left and only 290 calories and thats just the time i have left at work....still have drive home and shower i will be so hungry....i will update everyone with my lack of progress probably :frown: tomorrow.....hope everyone is having a good day.
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Washed all my green stuff and had an excellent salad.:love: Used most of my calories on lunch at a local resturant with some co workers. Will do another salad tonight. Thanks for the challenge it helps having a group with you. NewBeginnings good luck on the 16 hr shift.

Chipgal
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    :happy: CHIPGAL THANKS I MADE IT THROUGH MY 16 HRS AND IM BACK AGAIN FOR MORE TORTURE :laugh:

WELL I GAVE IN AND HAD A DIET COKE BUT I WASNT TOO UPSET BECAUSE I ONLY DRANK IT BECAUSE I NEEDED SOMETHING TO HELP KEEP HUNGER AWAY AND STAY AWAKE NOT CAUSE I WANTED IT...IT WASNT ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT MADE ME WORRY ID WANT IT TODAY BECAUSE I DONT! :drinker:

I DIDNT CHEAT ON M Y CALORIES THOUGH EVEN WITH THAT LONG SHIFT AND MY WEIGH IN WAS NOT BAD. -9! WOOHOO...

AND ALTHOUGH THATS WHAT I SAW 2 DAYS AGO WHEN I WAS WEIGHING DAILY HOPING IT WOULD MOVE...IM STILL HAPPY
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Newbeginning -- wow, 16 hour shifts and you didn't cheat? you deserve a medal :flowerforyou:

I'm pretty much over my cold--they don't usually stay very long for me--and I feel so much better! :smile: Mindless drinking went well today... The only thing I've had besides water today is a teeny little juice box... (eventually, I'll cut that out too... but I love them so...) haha. Everyone's posts have been so positive lately... I love it... it makes me feel happy!

Somebody I look up to told me the other day that it takes 21 days of concious effort to kick an old habit or enforce a new one. I immediately started thinking about healthy eating habits, and thought that it was a long time--a lot of work. And then I realized that I'm going to be living thousands of days in my life, and if it only takes 21 of them to make a change that will benefit the rest of my life, I'd be crazy not to do it. So, there's some more motivation for me. I don't know if it makes any sense to anyone else, but I thought I'd share. :happy:

Taking that little revelation in mind, I'm going to start cutting out granola bars and replacing them with fruit or veggies in my lunches at school. Granola bars take up a lot of my calories!!

And I hope everyone has an awesome weekend... good luck :)
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    AMEN TO THAT IM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED ITS DAY 22! :heart:
  • hglewis
    hglewis Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey Thalia...just came in from a 2 mile run and am wishing you the very best for the new year.
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Thank you so much :bigsmile:
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    EEK

21 days to start a habit.. wow thats a wise piece of information., Im wondering what small change I can make to my daily habits that will help me to sustain a healthier lifestyle / lose weight...

...after some reading and pondering I have decided i want to make a concious effort to eat really SLOWLY!!! apparently it takes 20mins for our brains to register that we are full..

so if we chew our foods properly and slowly. and appreciate every single bite.. we actually end up eating less but feeling satisfied!! So how about we all aim to eat slowly and savour every bite !! if we did this for 21 days it will form a new Habit!
  • Jaymie
    Options
    NewBeginning - CONGRATULATIONS!! thats a huge achievement

pat on your back

:flowerforyou:
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Chipgal

Good to hear your keeping up the salad challenge!! and boxing your meals.. I went out to dinner on friday night, we went to this restaurant called lonestar. They are famous for serving huge dishes!!! So I made an effort to eat slowly and not to finish everything on my plate - I got half boxed up before I could even touch it!

keep up the effort chipgal !!
    :drinker:
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Myth

How do you manage to maintain or lose weight with children. I don't have any, but I spend a bit of time with my nephews and when Im with them they do eat alot! which makes me want to eat with them!! makes me think.. one day when i do have children im going to have to really practice self control!!

I see food and I just want to eat it!! :embarassed:
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Thanks Jaymie!!!
  • sporters
    Options
    I started last week and plan to lose 80 pounds by the end of this year! Anything more than that is a gift. Last year was a terrible year for me. I lost my mom and my job, so 2010 has GOT to be better! I refuse to have my children lose their mother to poor health like i did. I can't think of anything more motivational. I am so glad to have found this website - Everyone is so supportive! Writing blogs has been very therapeutic for me - Even though I've only written two so far... Please take a minute to read them and add your opinions! It's the boost I need! I'm looking forward to sharing in your accomplishments and giving my online 'high fives'!!! Feel free to request a friendship add me!! We can all appreciate each other's support!!

sporters :)
  • Jaymie
    Options
    Welcome Sporters!

Sorry to hear about your mom !!

its a new year, new start!!! This is a great site with lots of friendly supportive members!! You can do it!!! :smile:
  • sporters
    Options
    Thank you Jayme!! I have 'met' the nicest folks here and I look forward to meeting many more!!

5 lbs gone is a good start! At this rate, by the end of the year I'll have lost at least 60 of that 80lbs!!
  • Myth
    Options
    How was last weeks challange? Report in if you had 2? This is me holding you responsible! You are smart and beautiful and you want htis so do it! :) I some of you said you ahd 2 and some posted they had 1 and were gonna have another one? SO I am just checking in! :blushing:

I had 2!