How long did it take you?

Options

Replies

• Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    52 lbs since February. I was AIMING for 4 lbs a month, which would be about half what I've lost. I wasn't expecting it to fall off this fast. The only drastic change I made was eliminating soft drinks, and going to the gym. I eat the same old stuff, just better portion control.
  • eagleman4180
    Options
    I started on January 16th and have lost a total on 94 pounds. I started at 277 and now I am at 183. Feel great. You can do it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

To lose 15 lbs properly, it should take you about 2-3months, losing approx. 1-1.5lbs a weeks at the most. Any more than that is unhealthy!

This is false! It depends on how much someone has to lose and also losing more then 3lbs a week is unhealthy, but that is also depending on how much weight you have to go. I'm getting close to my goal, for me I should not lose more then 2lbs a week, this is by what my doctor says. When I was at my biggest I lost 5lbs sometimes in 1 week.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    on 8/16/2011 I clocked at 254LB
    on 8/16/2012 I clocked at 189LB
    My goal? I don't care anymore, but I don't think I am done losing yet. I am 50 years old and I am at the best shape in a long time. I make sure I get my 60 minutes cardio per day plus 2 muscle groups alternating between pushing and pulling (biceps vs triceps)

You can read my story here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/710320-1-year-anniversary-pics-didn-t-make-my-goal?hl=didn't+make+my+goal
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. I started at 386 in June 2011. Now I'm 267. My goal weight is 240. Good luck to everyone on there journey. Let's get it.!!!!!!!
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    2lbs in 10 days is really good. I never lose more than 1lb a week unless i'm sick!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    :devil:
    2 lbs in 10 days is actually too fast, IMO...if you continue at that rate, you run the risk of ending up with flabby, loose skin. Not sexy. I've been doing MFP for about 3 months, and I've lost 17 lbs, and have been really happy at the rate I've been losing. I have about 10 lbs more to go.

What's funny is that you say 2 lbs in 10 days is too fast, but you lost 17 lbs in 90 days which if you do the math is 1.9 lbs per 10 days.

Who you mad at?
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in 10 days is actually too fast, IMO...if you continue at that rate, you run the risk of ending up with flabby, loose skin. Not sexy. I've been doing MFP for about 3 months, and I've lost 17 lbs, and have been really happy at the rate I've been losing. I have about 10 lbs more to go.

17 lbs in 3 months is 17 lbs in 90 days, that is about 2 pounds every 10 days right? 0.o You say you're happy with that rate and still think 2 lbs in 10 days is too fast? :)

Besides, you can lose 2 lbs in 10 days without flabby skin, it all depends on your workout style and how you lose the weight. Not wanting an argument here, just saying what I felt. :flowerforyou:
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This is not my first go-around with weight loss, but we'll go with my present day weight loss, which has taken 7 1/2 mos.

Starting weight: 191.8 lbs
    Current weight: 137.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 134 lbs

I lost more in the beginning than I am now. It's really slowed down as I get closer to goal, but I see the light and I won't give up.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to lose 50 pounds. I lose anywhere from 0-2 pounds per week. I found that it was easier to lose weight in the beginning because I was larger and it was much easier to have a calorie deficit. I used to burn 1100 calories for a 2 hour bike ride. Now I burn around 700. Sometimes I think that I wish I were "done" losing weight, but I think that I will have to count calories for the rest of my life to keep the weight off for good.

I'm 5'6" and started at 190.5. Just hit 139 on Friday. It will happen for you.

I really hate the way the more you lose the less you burn during work outs and the less food you can eat = darn it

to answer the question 7 months to lose 28lbs - which seems very slow to me!
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    In 84 days I have lost 60 pounds. I started June 28th at 315 and am currently at 255. My first goal weight is 215, which I have 40 pounds to go.
  • herrytews
    Options
    I started on MFP 70 days ago and I have lost 48 lbs, which is an average of 0.7 lbs per day. The only way I could achieve that was by adopting a ketogenic / low carb diet.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 months to lose 65lbs off my 5' frame. I had a baby 6 weeks prior &'had 11lbs from that still on.
    I started at 175 & am at 110 now.
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had a stop start as my will power wained but I've been logging for nearly a month straight and have lost, 4lbs in a month. Some may feel its too slow but my clothes feel loser, so what the scales say is not sooo important!!

Keep going........
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

You do realize that you're losing at the same rate, right?
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Started with MFP 31st March

SW238.8
    CW 198.8

Lost 40lb (around 1.5lb a week) and 88 inches. Yes. eighty-eight inches.

Everybody is different, and will lose weight at a different rate.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Haven't met my goal, but am losing roughly 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. Slow and steady wins the race and more importantly, I want permanent results.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

You do realize that you're losing at the same rate, right?

I pointed this out as well. She is criticizing 2 lbs/10 days and is losing about 1.9 lbs/10 day. I guess she is condemning herself to a life of flabby skin. LOL.
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Options
    14 months 353 to 205 my goal is about 170 :) also I Have minimal lose skin (a little under my arms thats it) not everyone gets it, it depends on your skin type :)
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

What's funny is that you say 2 lbs in 10 days is too fast, but you lost 17 lbs in 90 days which if you do the math is 1.9 lbs per 10 days.

I was going to say the same thing!!!!!:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!