Options
12346»

Replies

• DreamersWifey
    DreamersWifey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    About 90 pounds in 6 months

265 staring
    172 last week (went on vacation an had a little gain but I'll be back to here in a few days)
    Goal 155-165
  • Edluvuh
    Options
    It has been almost a year for me I know I lost it way to fast but cant change that now. I'm kinda glad I did because if I did not lose it quick I might have given up before I got here. Now I eat right and have learned to maintain and stay healthy.

Ed
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Really what you need to ask yourself is how long did it take you to put on the weight? I have been working on this since I was five, always fighting it. Finally, I got smart and realized that I needed to change my eating and exercise habits and now I am getting healthier and stronger every day. Don't think about the end results, enjoy the journey.

I actually started in March of 2011 to lose 46.5 lbs (have been on myfitness for about 3 months) and I have now lost 31 lbs, so about 1/2 lb a week (that was never consistent, lol)
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I started at 252lbs on June 18th (2012) and am now 211lbs (haven't updated my ticker yet with my last weight loss). So I've lost 41lbs in 96 days, just over 3 months, which is roughly 1 stone a month. My goal weight is 150lbs, so i have another 60lbs to lose. Hoping to get close to that by my birthday in 6 months.

I'm expecting it to slow down soon. Everyone is different and loses at different rates, just keep going!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    34 pounds and I started on June 24 2012
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    A year and 9 months so far. I lost 100 pounds in a year.
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i started out at 223 and i've been on MFP for 95 days. in that time i've lost 25 pounds.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Roughly 5 months to lose 47 pounds. It's now taken an additional 8 months to get to 188. I began at 247.

Lots and lots of running and eating less. It's not rocket science.
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in 10 days is actually too fast, IMO...if you continue at that rate, you run the risk of ending up with flabby, loose skin. Not sexy. I've been doing MFP for about 3 months, and I've lost 17 lbs, and have been really happy at the rate I've been losing. I have about 10 lbs more to go.

2 lbs in 10 days would be 6 lbs per month (if it goes at the same rate) and 18 lbs in 3 months which is only 1 lb more than what you've lost.
    I think (also depending on the starting weight) 6 lbs per month is just perfect

edit: just seen the other posts about this issue heh :blushing:
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 140 in 13 months. I think I have done quite well.

Congrats that's really Impressive!
  • melindadunston
    Options
    It has been almost a year for me I know I lost it way to fast but cant change that now. I'm kinda glad I did because if I did not lose it quick I might have given up before I got here. Now I eat right and have learned to maintain and stay healthy.

Ed

You lost 204 lbs in a year?????? That's so fast. I've taken 7mths to lose 26lbs!
    I started about February and weighed 186. Lost 16lbs gained back 5 and now have continued to lose a total of 26lbs. My goal is 10 more to make it to 150. I think I will probably set a new goal after that to get to 140lbs but I want to get to 150 and see what I look like and reevaluate!
  • liittlebrunette
    liittlebrunette Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! how did you do it?
  • liittlebrunette
    liittlebrunette Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    About 90 pounds in 6 months

265 staring
    172 last week (went on vacation an had a little gain but I'll be back to here in a few days)
    Goal 155-165

how did u do it???
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I started at 260 pounds in May 2010, I'm now at 183 and am aiming to get to 150 pounds. Whether I'll make it that far, I don't know at this point. It's taking foreverrrrrr.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 8 months to lose 63 pounds. I not going for a world record, but I am trying to lose weight. I did take August off and maintained, but I'm back on the wagon. I'm working toward being 20 pounds less by November.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP, though your progress is awesome. I've been doing this exclusively since June (I did this January-March then fell off the wagon after a death in the family and other ****). I've only lost 13 lbs... which is something, but compared to lots of people who had similar statuses as me, did the same things as me, etc... it's not as quick as I'd want.

I have no thyroid, so :/ I take what I can, I guess.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Today is my 95th day. I am down from 274 to 258 which is 16 lbs and I have lost 13 inches :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    its my 50th day today and I am down 10 pounds. I lost a lot of inches and 3 dress sizes :D
  • Edluvuh
    Options
    Yes it was a little fast and I did not really want to lose it that fast but once I started I went a little over board with my diet and working out. I know losing weight that fast can be very hard on your body but I know in the long run its better to lose it to fast than never at all. My doctor and some of my family gave me allot of crap for losing it so fast but I am off my BP Meds and can run a 5K with ease now so I am good with it.

Ed

Ed

You lost 204 lbs in a year?????? That's so fast. I've taken 7mths to lose 26lbs!
    I started about February and weighed 186. Lost 16lbs gained back 5 and now have continued to lose a total of 26lbs. My goal is 10 more to make it to 150. I think I will probably set a new goal after that to get to 140lbs but I want to get to 150 and see what I look like and reevaluate!
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ed - Good for you for not falling prey to criticism and for having the drive and determination to reach your goals. You give me hope. Thanks for sharing your story.

Liz
    Yes it was a little fast and I did not really want to lose it that fast but once I started I went a little over board with my diet and working out. I know losing weight that fast can be very hard on your body but I know in the long run its better to lose it to fast than never at all. My doctor and some of my family gave me allot of crap for losing it so fast but I am off my BP Meds and can run a 5K with ease now so I am good with it.

Ed

Ed

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!