Things that make you sad after losing weight

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Seriously- i had to buy new clothes-and expensive bras AGAIN- good thing my boobs are the same size DD- but the bust line is smaller from 38 to 36 and it seems every two months everything doesnt fit any more-so I buy alot of 5 dollar shirts and cheap 10 dollar jeans or jeggings (what ever). so i want to work my booty off real hard till Christmas- and buy the final clothes and maintain- seeing as im ten pounds from my goal weight.
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options
    my boobs shrinking faster than everything else!!!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Having to buy new clothes is a double-edge sword. I love to shop, but I hate replacing things that were perfectly find before but look totally stupid now.

Today I'm wearing a tunic (too big) leggings, and tall boots, that last year were clinging to my legs at the top. Now they are really baggy and I can stick my whole hand down them...so before I had a hard time getting them to fit loose enough and now they are too loose. Never happy! :(
  • MsMartyMac
    Options
    The only "complaint" I have right now, if you can even call it that, is not understanding clothes anymore. I was heavy for so long that I got the hang of what was flattering and what wasn't.... now? No idea. I pin a lot of things that I like on Pintrest but I just can't seem to figure out a "style" or what I like anymore.

However, it is absolutely GLORIOUS to just grab something off of a hanger and buy it without trying it on. Glorious.

I totally understand this! Being able to wear smaller sizes means more options and I am always afraid people will look at me and say "Look at her trying to dress like a teenager! Why doesn't she dress her age." With a 22 year old daughter it's great to be able to wear her clothes but may not always be "my age" appropriate. Who Knows???
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    The only "complaint" I have right now, if you can even call it that, is not understanding clothes anymore. I was heavy for so long that I got the hang of what was flattering and what wasn't.... now? No idea. I pin a lot of things that I like on Pintrest but I just can't seem to figure out a "style" or what I like anymore.

However, it is absolutely GLORIOUS to just grab something off of a hanger and buy it without trying it on. Glorious.

I totally understand this! Being able to wear smaller sizes means more options and I am always afraid people will look at me and say "Look at her trying to dress like a teenager! Why doesn't she dress her age." With a 22 year old daughter it's great to be able to wear her clothes but may not always be "my age" appropriate. Who Knows???

If they do think that they're probably just jealous! Wear what makes you feel good!
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing I hate is bones are painful to sit on/ lay on. Sometimes I can never get comfortable. It hurts to sit on the floor, or bleachers or any place for too long.

Hmm, I guess that's why I need a bigger cushion on my seat - I didn't realize it before - I was just uncomfortable. I have no butt to begin with... And, as someone else said, it is somewhat hard to look at food and not think about how many calories are in it and perform the mental calculation to eat or not to eat...
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Just three things.

1) That I couldn't truly appreciate my hard work for over a year. Even after losing the weight, I still saw myself as bigger and had a hard time shopping for clothes or seeing myself significantly smaller. (On the PLUS side, I appreciate me and my effort NOW!)
    2) The bony part. Hard to sleep on my side without a pillow between my knees... and sitting on a hard surface for long periods of time hurts. (On the PLUS side, easy enough to manage)
    3) I am cold ALL of the time. Always freezing. (But, on the PLUS side, I appreciate summer SO much more!)
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am NOT sad at all about my weight loss and every little "negative" isn't even .01% of the positives, BUT:

My boobs are saggy and I no longer have that DD cleavage

I have great abs but they don't look great because of my loose skin

My tailbone hurts when I do situps; and my knees hurt when I try to sleep in the fetal position

I am cold pretty much all the time unless I am working out

I used to be able to down the drinks and now I am ready for bed after two

The one thing that makes me ANGRY? People who were rude to me when I was fat. Or treated me like I was invisible. Or friends who treated me like a doormat, although I acknowledge that I let them. When men notice me now and try to hit on me, it isn't flattering at all, its almost demeaning. Yet, I understand it - people are attracted to to thinner, healthier people and that is just the law of the land.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Knowing how much easier it is to gain it back than lose it.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    the bruises .. wtf ive lost 63lb and now i look like a dalmatian with bruises .. and i dont even know how i get half of them =/

Same! How bizarre!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Luckily for me I'm still 245lbs so I'm happy as a pig in poop.
  • mommyrox05
    Options
    That I have absolutly NO BOOBS left :sad: ! I am the Queen of the itty bitty titty commitee-once again-like I was in high school (Lol), but now they aren't perkey and cute they are saggy and disgusting...HA! Ohhhhh well, I guess that's something that I can have fixed :blushing: ! Really no other complaints here!:wink:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    this thread just shows that no matter what, some people are just never happy.

This ^
    Why? Being able to see negative aspects in a situation, or feeling sad about certain things doesn't mean you can "never be happy". Life isn't that black and white. Losing a significant amount of weight is, for many people, a profoundly life-changing experience so it's hardly surprising that there would be some negative aspects. I'd imagine most things that people describe as the best thing they've ever done (getting married, giving birth, adopting children, moving to another country etc) would have some downsides, even if people don't like to mention them. I am extremely happy with my weight loss and wouldn't change it at all, but that doesn't mean it's all been a 100% happy, shiny, sparkly experience. (Maybe 95%... :smile: )
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    It's obvious to me that people treat people differently because of their weight.

^ ^ This.

People who wouldn't give me the time of day are now suddenly think they're my best friend. Nope! I don't have time for those kind of superficial people.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    the bruises .. wtf ive lost 63lb and now i look like a dalmatian with bruises .. and i dont even know how i get half of them =/
    also the saggy skin and feeling cold the new clothes is a bonus for me

This is so me!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Do my boobs hang low, can I swing them too and fro, can I tie them in a bow, do my boobs hang low? :bigsmile:

You missed some of the lyrics:

Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot, can you tie 'em in a bow? Can you throw 'em over your shoulder like a continental soldier? Do your boobs hang low? :laugh: :drinker:
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Do my boobs hang low, can I swing them too and fro, can I tie them in a bow, do my boobs hang low? :bigsmile:

You missed some of the lyrics:

Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot, can you tie 'em in a bow? Can you throw 'em over your shoulder like a continental soldier? Do your boobs hang low? :laugh: :drinker:

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting some, guess I am losing part of my memory along with the weight.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i miss my boobs :(
  • emfischer90
    emfischer90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    im always cold!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It seems that with the weight loss in some ways I look older, I see more wrinkles.