Things that make you sad after losing weight

Options

Replies

• saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am sad because of all of the money I spend CONSTANTLY buying new clothes. I bought 4 pairs of pants and spent over $100 less than a month ago, and they are already too big!!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% about being sad about favorite clothes no longer fitting! I had to get rid of so many beautiful dresses I loved so much. Shoes became too wide as well. Tailbone being so easily felt. Rings no longer fitting.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Do my boobs hang low, can I swing them too and fro, can I tie them in a bow, do my boobs hang low? :bigsmile:

You missed some of the lyrics:

Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot, can you tie 'em in a bow? Can you throw 'em over your shoulder like a continental soldier? Do your boobs hang low? :laugh: :drinker:
    My sentiments exactly LOL
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was dejected at having lost some of my already-puny chest. ;)

Otherwise, no, I've never lamented looking and feeling better - as good as a puny-chested gal can look, hehee. ;) I try to view the expense of a wardrobe as a reward.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Pretty much needing to buy clothes. I've still got 100ish left to lose, so it's kinds stupid to buy clothes that will only fit for a few months. Altering what I have is just as pricey as buying new and going to shops like Goodwill don't have any that fit. God forbid I get clothes as gifts and can only wear them for a short time before they're falling off me. The dirty looks from ILs are embarrassing. I appreciate the gift, but stop making me feel like *kitten* for losing weight.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Oh there's no self-esteem handed to you at the end as a prize, no throngs of men that love you or dynamic personality fix that makes all your flaws disappear behind the new curtain of badass confidence that comes with goal weight?

wait none of that comes with goal weight?

You mean Im supposed to be working on that stuff all along too?

Are you crazy all they said was eat less move more.

WTF

hahah. #winning.
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a good amount of weight and I dont need it but it makes me sad that some people tell me I look skinny. I want to tell them "you havent seen me naked" but yea I might be looking skinny with the baggy clothes on:)
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh there's no self-esteem handed to you at the end as a prize, no throngs of men that love you or dynamic personality fix that makes all your flaws disappear behind the new curtain of badass confidence that comes with goal weight?

WTF

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sad but true. It's called fitness, not magic. I figure paying for new pants is cheaper than the heart attack I had scheduled.:drinker:
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I can always be "a little thinner." I've lost nearly 30 pounds but it feels like I haven't hardly started yet. No, I'm not anorexic...just not sure if/when I will hit my goal weight. And yes, spending money on new clothes is incredibly annoying, but I'd rather be spending money on smaller clothes over bigger and bigger!
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    For me, counting calories and doing portion control isn't the hard part. Unpicking my food issues (see latest blog post) were.

When I told you I was now able to eat in public and discuss my food desires and eat rationally at a family gathering, you said "Oh, that's nice..." dismissively.
    When I told you I lost 25 pounds, you acted like I'd done something amazing.

Unpicking and healing the traumas that kept me doing disordered eating was the hard part. This?

"Wanna chocolate bar."
    "No. Can't be arsed to go get it, and there's not any in the house. You don't need it anyway."
    "Okay."
    is about as bad as the cravings get.
  • Wilson929
    Options
    I haven't lost a good amount of weight and I dont need it but it makes me sad that some people tell me I look skinny. I want to tell them "you havent seen me naked" but yea I might be looking skinny with the baggy clothes on:)

^ for me too. My Mom actually asked me to put on weight cause I was looking to skinny. Funny thing I haven't really lost that much weight, just moving body fat into muscle. Makes me look leaner. Getting ready for work in the morning is kinda a bummer just cause I don't have the cash funds to buy new clothes. Most everything I have is 2 sizes to big.
    We all need to start a MFP clothes drive to get us all new duds. LOL
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    My pathetic tits.
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Knowing how much easier it is to gain it back than lose it.

I can totally agree there. You work your a** off to loose it & it could come back so easy. Not at my goal weight but thats still a fear.
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 80 lbs and it made me really sad to see there are people in my life and career that talk to me a lot more than they ever used to. I feel like they did not feel like I was worth their time before I got thinner. Almost made me feel like not responding to them.
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    how come I can't lose my boobs?!?

Since I'm almost 30 lbs down into my journey, I can't say I miss anything yet. Subject to change!!

Oh good, I thought I was the only one who hasn't lost their boobs... I'm starting to look like Dolly Parton with my DDs
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    how come I can't lose my boobs?!?

Since I'm almost 30 lbs down into my journey, I can't say I miss anything yet. Subject to change!!

Oh good, I thought I was the only one who hasn't lost their boobs... I'm starting to look like Dolly Parton with my DDs

haha I'm curious to see what will happen for me. I've only lost 10 lbs so far but have seen inches lost in various parts of my body but nothing off my chest yet, surprisingly.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 80 lbs and it made me really sad to see there are people in my life and career that talk to me a lot more than they ever used to. I feel like they did not feel like I was worth their time before I got thinner. Almost made me feel like not responding to them.

Yes. Very much so this! I've been at the same job for 12 years but now I am Ms. Popular. Before I was just Ms. Reliable.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    that not enough people will talk fitness with me.
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    The ONLY thing I hate is bones are painful to sit on/ lay on. Sometimes I can never get comfortable. It hurts to sit on the floor, or bleachers or any place for too long.

I hear ya, I was laying on the floor, on my stomach and my ribs were hitting the ground and it hurt!!!!
  • martha1514
    Options

WTF