Facebook and Relationship Problems!

123457»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Didn't exactly go like she planned it, huh? :laugh:

I can't believe people post this stuff here and on facebook.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    I deleted mine, Facebook creates WAYYYY to much drama...
  • I deleted mine, Facebook creates WAYYYY to much drama...

Facebook does not create drama. People create drama. Period.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    I was on the opposite side of this coin... Had a bf who continually liked sexy pictures, had girls flirting with him on his page, added ex girlfriends, and even had pics of himself with the ex girlfriends in his profile pics. It is not the reason we broke up, but it did cause a lot of stress/hurt in our relationship.

Yes, there is such a thing as being too clingy.... BUT I also think there is a certain level of respect you should show your significant other. This person is supposed to be one of the most important in your life, why do things that deliberately hurt them?

I think people are a little more liberal online. If you were walking down the street, and your significant other did these things in person, it would not be ok.

But as they say, different strokes for different folks. FInd yourself a person who has the same relationship values. For every guy out there NOT comfortable with these things, you are going to find one who IS. Why cause either of you so much stress?
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    My wife knows my FB and my MFP password. Probably a security risk now that I think of it. Oh well. If this was a troll post, nice work. If not anda she got embarrassed over it and deleted her account, that's pretty funny. Ah hell it's pretty funny either way.
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Nothing good comes from facebook. It's just a way for people to be nosey and honestly a way to fish for compliments but posting tons of pictures (not saying you do that). As for the bf, I wouldnt waste time with him if hes that insecure. It will only become bigger issues later on. For instance, one of my friends had a husband like that....he later killed her and then himself. Move on is my best answer for you. He sounds controlling in so many ways.
  • KarenRae66
    KarenRae66 Posts: 31 Member
    I use to be married to an insecure jerk like that...I agree with proudarmywife....dump him it only gets worse..
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Facebook is the devil.

That said, we had similar issues in my relationship - he was messaging someone behind my back that I had asked him to cut contact with. I found out and my trust was broken which lead to far worse issues. No he didn't cheat but of all his friends and acquaintances that was the one person I asked him not to contact and he did.

Facebook makes it easier to "cheat", contact people etc, but also easier to be caught.

What you should tell your bf is to not let Facebook be such an important part of his life. We don't even have in a relationship on fb even though we've been together for about 18 months. We just try to not read too much into fb or let the Internet control our lives/relationship
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    I don't know if anyone else noticed that she deactivated her account or not because I didn't read through all of the posts. Once I clicked on the users account and found she deactivated her profile I figured why read through them. I'm guessing she's feeling a bit embarrassed!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    You can set up your FB profile so that he is unable to see posts from other people on your profile.

He sounds like a very insecure boy. May be time for you to reconsider your relationship status with him. Is this really the type of relationship you want to pursue?