Deployment Overeater Support Team

Options

Replies

• Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Hopey, welcome to the group! I think you hit the nail on the head with etating til your heart doesn't hurt. I think that is what I've been doing a lot. Today marks 6 months since my husband deployed. :sad:

6 months must be a hard milestone. But we're here for you :flowerforyou: and crying with you :cry:
  • timmijop
    timmijop Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi Hopey I am glad you joined!!! you are so right about the eating but you are doing a great great job!!!! Your a SAHM too right? My hubby has been gone for almost 9 months :( but we are all strong women!!!!!!!!!

No worries Overit!!!!! Every day is a new start!! Remember you are better than that tempting food!!! And you deserve better than that too!!!!

Keep on keeping on Ladies!!! I will check in later!!
  • holly122677
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Overit-Timmijop is right today is a new day....New Start!!! Get back on track, you can do it.

Hi Hope, welcome. My boyfriend has been gone 4 months in Iraq. I am counting down the days until he comes home. You are right the best thing to do is to keep busy :)

Well I just braved 3 miles in 18 degree weather. It really wasnt that bad. I really needed to get some stress off of me and it worked. Going to do the wii fit tonight. I am feeling really good about the choices I have made. This isnt a diet but a lifestyle change for us :flowerforyou:
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Well I just braved 3 miles in 18 degree weather. It really wasnt that bad. I really needed to get some stress off of me and it worked. Going to do the wii fit tonight. I am feeling really good about the choices I have made. This isnt a diet but a lifestyle change for us :flowerforyou:

18 degree weather?! It's in the high 20s here and I won't go out in it! You're very very brave :smile:
  • holly122677
    Options
    Hope- Its what I will do to fit into my size 10 wedding dress LOL. I was in a 24 the first time I got married. Not going back down that road. Luckily the high is in the low 30's for the day.

I am sad now...my boyfriend tried to call not once not twice but three times and we couldn't connect.:grumble: After the third time he just gave up. I know I shouldn't complain but I sure could have used hearing his voice today. :indifferent: . Oh well maybe he will try later or maybe tomorrow. I just dont want to leave the house because I dont want to miss his call.
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Hope- Its what I will do to fit into my size 10 wedding dress LOL. I was in a 24 the first time I got married. Not going back down that road. Luckily the high is in the low 30's for the day.

I am sad now...my boyfriend tried to call not once not twice but three times and we couldn't connect.:grumble: After the third time he just gave up. I know I shouldn't complain but I sure could have used hearing his voice today. :indifferent: . Oh well maybe he will try later or maybe tomorrow. I just dont want to leave the house because I dont want to miss his call.

So sorry Holly. I hate missing/disconnecting from calls. It's the worst! Hopefully you can talk to him later today or tomorrow. Do you have any saved voicemails from him? Thomas sent me one just so I could save it and listen when I needed to hear his voice. Makes my day every time i hear it! **Hugs**
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Hi Hopey I am glad you joined!!! you are so right about the eating but you are doing a great great job!!!! Your a SAHM too right? My hubby has been gone for almost 9 months :( but we are all strong women!!!!!!!!!

Keep on keeping on Ladies!!! I will check in later!!

hi Timmi, thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I'm a SAHM to our 2 yr old blessing. I don't know how I could handle him being gone and working full time. I did it the first 2months of his stint, and went crazy from all the stuff to do and the missed bonding time with her. We decided that I would stay home with her.
    9 months is such a long time. How much time does your hubby have before he's home for good? Does he/did he get any leaves?
  • timmijop
    Options
    He got to come home in October for 2 weeks. We still dont know when he will be home!! March to May thats about it :(

On another note!!! I hate not eating at home!!!! I like to have control over my food and eat healthy. Today my daughter and I went to a mommies evening and the host made us dinner with spagetti and meat balls and garlic toast and home made applesauce... Sounds good yes but she made our plates for us. I dont eat white pasta, and havent eaten red meat in over 2 months so I found myself passing on the meat balls to another girl at the table hahaa! But I was so hungry that I ate the meal :( I am not sure of the portions or anything but what I ate was defiantely not worth the calories I consumed!!!!!!!!!
  • leesapeesa
    Options
    hi everyone! So not glad it is Monday.. back to the grind. UGH!! Hopey- welcome to the group.. I am in the same boat as you- BF is on contract too.. not officially deployed. He has had this job for 3 years. He is ready to call it quits so he is coming back to the States this year.

overit- I am sorry to hear bout your binge.. I have trouble with that too.. so far I haven't this time around but I am afraid I will sooner or later. I am trying really hard but sometimes something just sends me over the edge and I lose control. Just get back on track and let it go.. We all have bad days. Hang in there

timmi- i agree with not eating at home. Saturday I went to my friends house- she ordered pizza.. I had 2 slices of greek and one piece of bbq chicken and for dessert she had fudge. I had a small piece and i felt really really guilty about it. I had 600 cals left for dinner but when I came home to log it in I couldnt even find the cals for the kind of fudge we had and the pizza I was confused on so I don't know how much I ate. I think I justhave to get over in my head that I am going to have to deal with these situations and try the best I can.

Holly- I am sorry bout your calls with your boyfriend:( That can really bring a girl down.Sometimes Rob's internet goes down out of nowhere and it ruins my whole day. Just stinks because we get such limited time to talk and when we are able to and something stupid like that screws it up it really pisses me off. I hope you guys can talk soon. It is a comfort to hear his voice i am sure.

I was able to 'see' Rob saturday and sunday. I was so happy. He is able to grow facial hair now because they had a rule that they couldn't so now he has his goatee and he looks so cute. Seeing him makes me miss him so much more:( Would rather be cuddling with him than my dog. It is less than 3 month's til Isee him for 2 weeks and I wish time would go faster.

I weighed in today and lost 2.2 lbs this week. I am glad for that. I have been really trying hard and logging everything I eat. It is paying off. I have to get ready for work now but I will check in soon:) You are all doing geat
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend and here is to a great week! All and all I had a pretty great weekend. (one more behind us :happy: )

Is anyone else in this group doing the Biggest Loser challenge on the board?
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Overit- I dont' think I'm doing it on here, but I've pledged pounds on thebiggestloser.com (or whatever the site is). I pledged 30# i think...eek! Better get to losing!

On a bright side for me...DH comes home on leave March 1st.... 48 days away!!! :bigsmile:

How long before your SOs come home either for good or on leave? And do you keep countdowns? I have one on my igoogle homepage that makes me smile every morning when another day goes away!
  • leesapeesa
    Options
    i've got my countdown ticker here on MFP.. my boyfriend is on leave April 9th:) so excited!

hope everyone had a great on plan day!
  • holly122677
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies.

Wow I am so excited for you both Hope and Lisa. Its great you have dates when your guys come home. I am still waiting for dates all i know its somewhere between end of May first of June. Hang in there Timmijop not to much longer for you either.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and a start to a wonderful week. I was really down when i got home from work. I started playing with my kids and all my worries disappeared. I have so much to be thankful for in my life, and I must say you ladies have helped me alot over the past week. Thank You everyone.

I am taking it one day at a time. Before we know it we will all be at our goals :flowerforyou:

Have a great evening everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • timmijop
    Options
    I really wish we knew haha!! I have a potluck this weekend with some of the women and children of comm co! I talked to my fro (key wife) and all we know is march till may still :( keeping busy!! I need to get a work out in! Talya being sick has been such a set back but I she is sleeping in her crib now thank god!! Whcih means I gegt to sleep in my own bed now!!! I just got some of the stretch mark/ cellulete cream from avon that is supposed to work wonders!!!!! it tingles I like it hahaha.

I dont want to sound like I am marketing but if any of you would like to get some of the cream, I sell avon as an independant representative and would be more than happy to be your representative www.youravon.com/tpashuta its all online now and can be shipped right to your house! you dont like it send it back and get your money back too!! There is a really neat feature on my site where you can do a virtual makeover and check to see how colors work for you too!!

Lisa: Okay so on another note!! It is so awesome that your boyfriend is coming home on leave woot woot!!! It is great motovation!!!

Hopey: 48 days that is great!!!!!!!!!! The little ones will be so happy to see their daddy too!!!

Thank you so much Holly!! It is bitter sweet because I want the time to pass fast but I also want Talya to stay little and savor each milestone to the fullest!!! I am refreshed by your optimism! Morale has been down on the homefront with the limited communications! It sucks that my husband is a Comm Marine and we dont comm.. LOL!!!

Overit: One more weekend down. I dont know if any of you have seen HBO's Generation Kill but one of the Devil Dogs on there said "each day there is another they dont have to be there and one closer to being home" Each day is a victory for each of us and we are stronger because of it!!!

Tomorrow is a new and brighter day and tomorrow I will make great decisions and loose this weight!! I will be optomistic and not sweat the small stuff and at the end of the day I will feel accomplished and good about myself!!
  • hilarij
    hilarij Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm back yet again and amazed at the growth of the team. I have been trying to get a military support group going where I live..who knows it just might happen. My neck is back in shape and I actually stayed within range today as far as eating. Had no candy...Hooha!
    Only cried once at the end of the work day (I'm a sundowner) when I was reading my Google alerts for the VT NG. I really should sign off that stuff but I have no real supportive FRG/Phone Tree. God bless the Blue Star Mothers of which I am a member.

Food is still my solace however as I wait for my son to take the final leap into AFG. He has had us pull all uniform pics off the www sites our family is on. I feel like he is disappearing and the emptiness takes over and the food fills the void.
    I did however take my Flat Daddy to work with me one day and had a blast. Just having my kid sitting in the front seat of the car was a comfort. I think I must be crazy. Anyway I'm still plugging away, working 48 hrs a week running a medical clinic and careing for my patients, being a mom to my 15 yr old daughter and a nutcase wife for my husband. Oh one other thing. I think I am becoming obsessive compulsive with sending care packages, I just had to do something lighthearted on the one this week so I included a can of ...and yes this is a real food...SPOTTED ****. Google it if you don't believe me. It's actually very good but not very healthy for weight conscious people like us. Well TTFN. And WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE. This group has turned into a wonderful and warm place to be. Thank You All.:tongue:
  • hilarij
    Options
    Hey just noticed this group is on Twitter. Are any of you guys twittering. I can be found at Pinkpandausa.
  • leesapeesa
    Options
    hahahah hilari-- I took a picture of my friend holding a can of spotted d**k when we went food shopping.. I saw it and couldnt believe it we were giggling like preteens in sex-ed class. lol..

wish i could post more but i am running late! still have to walk the dog, make my lunch and get dressed. I wish everyone a great day and thank you all for being on this team. It has helped me soo much!
  • holly122677
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Thought I would check in for the day. Nice to know tomorrow is Wed half the week gone. I hate wishing time away, but I know everyone is wishing the same thing hahaha.

Well got to get on the Wii early tonight. American Idol yay....Cant wait to see people make fools of themselves.

Have a great evening everyone.

Just remember everyone====it takes small steps to get to our bigger goals :flowerforyou:
  • hilarij
    Options
    HAHAHAH I am watching American Idol NOW Holly!!
  • timmijop
    Options
    I <3 Idol!!!!! My sleep patterns have been all sorts of messed up though which sucks!! Havent heard from my hubby in over a week again and looked at our bank statement and he purchased something from a PX on a differant base :( I am confused! Just found out some of the guys Tim went over there with are coming home this week but my FRO told me Tim definately isnt one of them! HAHAH If you havent noticed already the hubby and my first name is basically the same besides the spelling! I did walk 2.5 miles today though so that is positive but my daughter turned into a wild woman this morning! It was like a switch went off inside her and AHHHHHHHHHH LOL!!! Then we took a long nap together and she was better TG!!!!

I hope you all are having a great week stay motovated my fellow lonely ladies!!!