new cottage cheese ideas?

Options

Replies

• CNCRA
    CNCRA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cut up fresh garden tomatoes, cucumbers, and a little sweet onion (optional). I add 1/2 c. Cottage cheese and salt and pepper. In the summer I eat this often for a meal when we have so many fresh garden tomatoes and cucumbers.
  • favrow812
    Options
    bump!!!!!!!!!!
  • juelz4u
    Options
    I didn't have time to read all the replies so if this is a repeat, sorry. I put a dash of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and splenda in mine! :wink:
  • juelz4u
    Options
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think it can go with pretty much anything. I put some in a baked potato the other night instead of the usual sour cream and butter, and I loved it. Also I've been mixing it in with tuna.

Oh the baked potato is a great idea! I like to add a scoop to half an avacado ..Yum!
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    Tabasco, picante sauce, green chiles or just regular salsa..... to spice it up. Pair it up with some Pita chips, or bake your own tortilla chips for a chip and dip explosion!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    After I read this all I wanted was cottage cheese, but Im at work and I usually just have it plain. Well I looke din my mini fridge to see what I had and there was some Mezzetta Sun Dried tomato (with cilantro, lime and jalapeno) sandwhich spread.

I put 1.5 tbsp in a cup of CC. OMG SOOOOOO Good, my co worker came and wanted some too. It was really really delicious.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bumping for myself!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I buy cans of sugar free sliced pears and peaches and put a few in with the cottage cheese
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Totally stealing ALL of these!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with fruit, or cherry tomatoes, or a little bit of honey.
  • PeteTheRef
    Options
    It is also good with pepper and a cherry tomato on an oatcake.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Poach 1 small apple and 1 pear (or do it like me and just nuke if) with plenty of cinnamon...it gets all gooey
    Add in 3/4 - 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
    1 TBSP chopped walnuts

for a low cal breakfast
  • karinarosie
    Options
    I love cottage cheese on top of spinach with some almonds, red grapes, and dried cranberries.

29645868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like it mixed in with a salad or to dip some low fat crackers or chips in.. I can't do cottage cheese with sweet stuff or fruit, grosses me out. =)
  • franchesca127
    Options
    I love cottage cheese and hardboiled eggs with a shot of tabasco
  • franchesca127
    Options
    Totally stealing ALL of these!!

i agree :flowerforyou: Thank you for all the great ideas... now I need to grab my pen and notebook and start writing!!!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Love cottage cheese and have it almost every day for lunch with fresh fruit and cinnamon. I have also tried it with salsa and as a replacement for ricotta. I can't wait to try some of these new ideas :))
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A friend told me she mixes it with pickles! Says its relish..I personally haven't tried that yet!