new cottage cheese ideas?

Options

Replies

• Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean... try Kernel seasonings (popcorn seasoning Ranch, etc.) or Mrs. Dash.... it gives it a lil different flavor.
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    fresh strawberries with a little sugar on my cottage cheese
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Okay this sounds weird but it's actually really amazing and taste like ice cream or a milkshake I found the recipe on a blog.

1/2 cup Low fat cottage cheese
    1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
    3-5 Drops butter or almond extract
    1 tbs Vanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extractanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    3-5 Stevia packets (or sweetener of choice to taste)
    1/2 cup-1cup Water (Alter this according to desired consistency)
    5-10 Ice Cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)
    Optional: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum 3
    Sprinkles for topping!

187 Calories
    2 g Fat
    5 g Carbohydrate
    3 g Sugar
    35 g Protein

That sounds great and look at all the protein. I'm going to have to try this as I have some cottage cheese in the fridge now..
  • GoThinGirl
    GoThinGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also love cottage cheese:
    1/2 cup mixed with my greek yogurt (any falvor) & cinnamon
    cottage cheese with tomatoes
    cottage cheese with salsa (this can be used as a dip or as my dressing on a salad)
    cottage cheese with potatoes (potatoes prepared any way you prefer - baked, boiled, mashed)
    cottage cheese and corn - I also used to eat cottage cheese, corn, and mashed potatoes way before KFC marketed it
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese...I hadn't thought of mixing it with some apple or pumpkin butter- yum! Sometimes when I want a savory snack I'll mix a few tablespoons of cottage cheese with just a bit of low-fat sour cream and some dry ranch dressing mix for a high protein dip for raw veggies.

YUM!! Just had apple butter with my cottage cheese. I was worried at first as I've NEVER had anything with the cottage cheese except pineapple and tomatoes. lol. Can't wait to have another serving tomorrow... or later, lol!

29452814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hunter624
    Options
    I have it every day for lunch with salt a lot of black pepper, with 6 tuc or ritz crackers. tastes great.
  • Julieblair155
    Options
    I'm going to try this w/out the brown sugar and raisins. I miss my ice cream for a bedtime snack and this might help.
    I have been eating it with cherry tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden and kind of a lot of pepper.
    Oops idk how to copy a post. I'm talking about the "apple cheese danish" one :)

just because you mentioned missing ice cream im going to give you another recipe, hopefully you see it!1 the ingredients are a bit more particular but it tastes just like ice cream and its such a healthy recovery bed time snack i have it everyday....

the ingredients are:
    1 scoop of casein protein (i use cookies n cream flavour, ive had with chocolate too which is also good)
    1 TBSP of natural peanut butter OR 2 TBSP PB2
    1 cup almond milk

mix the ingredients together until its a pudding like consistancy....put it in the freezer for about 30 min... its sooo good!!

006.jpg

Sorry to hijack your cottage cheese thread haha

Thanks! I'm excited but I have no idea what casein protein is! Haha. I will google it :)
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • tkbronico
    Options
    I added it to a chickpea spinach oatmeal patty (seasoned of course). Oh and cook/season the oatmeal before mixing snd broiling the patties. Small amt of olive oil mixed in as well.
    20120921_194501_zps6d18dec6.jpg

Where did you find that recipe? Sounds great!
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    The only thing I like on my cottage cheese is black pepper.

I've tried the whole fruit and cottage cheese thing, and I couldn't do it...it made me gag.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I like just plain with fruit and putting it on my bake potato. I like some of the ideas here that I'm going to try
  • Katydone
    Options
    Grain free french toast
    1 egg
    1 heaping tsp of cottage cheese
    1 heaping teaspoon almond flour
    Add a touch fo baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix & cook in butter or coconut oil like a pancake. Scale up to 2 eggs and some egg whites and end up with 2 big pieces

This is good for those on low carb diets
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use it as a replacement for salad dressing. I also use it as a replacement for sour cream in anything that you like sour cream on, and I like it on any kind of mexican food in place of sour cream and much of the regular cheese. I also like it with tuna and tomatoes and seasoning to taste. I just love cottage cheese. It has many uses.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Salsa
    Pepper
    Mandarin Oranges (a fruit that tends to get overlooked as an option)
  • Louie1956
    Louie1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE addition to cottage cheese is Newman's Pineapple Salsa!!!!
    Actually I add salsa (mild) to so many foods just to "kick it up a notch"
    Example: Eggs, chicken, burgers, baked potato and fish!!!
    LindaLou
  • danibrnshug
    Options
    BUMP, THIS IS AWESOME!!!
  • mmarlow61
    mmarlow61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1 large tub cottage cheese
    1 small container cool whip
    1 small sugar free jello
    1 cup boiling water
    chopped pecans

Mix the jello with the boiling water, let cool a little (not set) and mix into the cottage cheese. fold in the cool whip and pecans. Can also add fruit into it if desired
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump. Do you have the nutritional info on the pancakes? They sound great.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Oats - Quaker Old Fashioned - Oatmeal , 0.5 cup dry 150 27 3 5 4 1
    Eggs - Egg White, 3 egg white cooked 48 0 0 12 0 0
    Blueberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 0.3 cup, unthawed 20 5 0 0 1 3
    Maple Grove Farms - Sugar Free Maple Flavor Syrup, 0.3 cup 30 11 0 0 0 0
    Meadow Gold Viva - Low Fat Cottage Cheese 2%, 0.5 C 90 5 3 13 0 3
    Total: 338 48 6 30 5 7

These are for blueberry pancakes. I also add cinnamon, and vanilla extract to the batter. The carbs, calories, and sugars will be slightly lower for regular pancakes.

I usually make them into waffles, because I like waffles better, too.