Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

new cottage cheese ideas?

Replies

• FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Cottage cheese, boiled egg whites and cubed avacado. Add some pepper and you have yourself an amazing breakfast.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    I am so boring with cottage cheese, I just sprinkle it with black pepper.
  • black pepper-!!!! ave you tried brookstone cottage doubles, you get cottage cheese,& with fruiit,choices (peach,pineapples,blueberries,strawberries), 100 calories -I have this 3 imes week !! i love it!!!
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Tastefully simple Spinach dip, Garlic Dip, or Fiesta dip mix. sprinkle a little on top :) Or chop up onions peppers mushrooms broccoli (and cook the veggies) mix with cottage cheese and stuff some tomatoes
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    these recipes are so great - i have to bookmark this, haha thanks!!!!
  • Kipenzi7
    Kipenzi7 Posts: 24 Member
    this thread is awesome. i do vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a little maple syrup (i can't stand stevia so i do maple/honey/agave for my sweeteners). noms.

has anyone tried adding chia seeds? i'm still experimenting with those, haven't quite figured out what i like yet, other than putting them in smoothies but it's so much sugar, i'm trying to move away from smoothies.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    I put a dab of pesto in it.

^^Dang, I LOVE this idea! Gonna have to steal it. :love:
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    I have the same cottage cheese breakfast every morning- 1/3 cup of cottage cheese from organic raw milk, diced fresh tomatoes with salt and pepper. and a grapefruit for "dessert".
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 419 Member
    I like to add a piece of turkey bacon cut up into it. Yummy!
  • Love it with bagels :). Also try to mix it peanut butter yummy for my toast!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    on a baked sweet potato.....maybe sprinkle a little cinnamon on top....
  • AJB87
    AJB87 Posts: 29 Member
    bump. great ideas:smile:
  • bump...
  • For the sweet tooth - I like to have this for "dessert"

Ingredients:
    - One packet diet jelly, flavour of choice
    - One 250g tub cottage cheese
    - 4 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
    (makes 5 protein high serves)

Make the diet jelly up with half water,
    Put in fridge until half set,
    whisk in protein powder and cottage cheese.
    Refridgerate in a covered container and it will set in a mousse-like consistency.

I have it for "dessert" or protein snack before bed. Great for afternoon snack as well.
    Good with Port Wine or Lime flavour jellies... Try it.

Savoury idea: Slice some Ham off the bone - add a slice of tomato, dollop of cottage cheese with black pepper - roll up and eat. Yum!!
  • mills4tee
    mills4tee Posts: 7 Member
    I've been making a Cottage Cheese Smoothie lately. It tastes like chocolate, strawberry cheesecake. I don't like cheese by itself and by adding flax seed, it's a good way to incorporate healthy fats. I posted the recipe a few days ago. I'm not computer savvy, so I don't have a link. Here's the recipe if you'd like to give it a try:

Put all ingredients in a blender (I use a Ninja):

6-8 ice cubes
    1/4 cup cottage cheese (I use Lactaid)
    1/2 cup strawberries
    2 tbsp. Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup (or 1 tbsp. natural unsweetened cocoa)
    2-4 packets sweetener of choice
    2 tbsp. Flax seed

**Optional: 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum (for a thicker consistency)
  • mills4tee
    mills4tee Posts: 7 Member
    To:
    yoyogirl68:

Your Cottage Cheese Mousse recipe looks delicious!! I'd like to try this today. I don't have jelly packets. Can I use sugar free Jelly? If so, how much? Thanks! :smile:
  • I usually just have it with strawberries
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    I like cottage cheese as well and depend greatly on it for my protein. I also put it in my scrambled eggs which makes them cheesy and also put into my fruit smoothies for extra protein. i can't tell it is in there and I have done the same to my son's and if he can't tell then i don't think anyone can!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    BUMP for later! I've never thought of most of these ideas with cottage cheese. I just bought some yesterday so now I have some yummy new snack ideas!