new cottage cheese ideas?

Options

Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I like it spicy...salsa or hot sauce (and a bit of fresh ground pepper) mixed in.

Yeah - me also, try mixing in some Skhug hot sauce if you can find it - don't fully mix it in, leave it in bits and pieces

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skhug

http://livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/Zhug-Skhug-Recipe
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i love to mix it with green giant broccoli cheese singles or with my scrambled eggs!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Wow - some great ideas here - THANKS!
  • DERBS21
    DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I put cottage cheese in my salads all the time instead of dressing.

Yes I do this also...works great!
  • swankyness
    swankyness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I toast an english muffin, put Breakstone cottage cheese on the muffins, and top it off with a thick slice of tomato. Mmmmm!

I also use cottage cheese in place of ricotta in lasagna.
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have 2 great ideas as I love cottage cheese but needed something else besides fruit. The first is a dessert/salad recipe. Take a 16 oz. cottage cheese fat free, add a 3 oz. box of sugar free jello powder and a small can of pineapple packed in it's own juice and mix well until it is all colored from the jello. I like lime flavor the best but have made it with strawberry and grape jello. Then fold in a small Cool Whip and refrigerate a few hours. The next way is how I like it. Take your cottage cheese and add 1/2 of a minced small onion, and add salt and pepper to taste. This is what I use instead of potatoes. also, if you eat noodles you can cook your noodles, drain them and add the cottage cheese with the onions and s&p and slightly heat them until hot. this can be a meal. If you like cottage cheese you will like these recipes. I also eat plain cottage cheese on toast with some sugar free jam.
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i have always hated cottage cheese, but my mini goal for this week is to attempt to like it. i will be trying a few of these! thanks!

I could not stand cottage cheese..until I tried the small curd. I like mine with some pineapple. I am excited to blend it and mix it with some peanut butter then freeze. :)
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i have always hated cottage cheese, but my mini goal for this week is to attempt to like it. i will be trying a few of these! thanks!

I could not stand cottage cheese..until I tried the small curd. I like mine with some pineapple. I am excited to blend it and mix it with some peanut butter then freeze. :)
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this w/out the brown sugar and raisins. I miss my ice cream for a bedtime snack and this might help.
    I have been eating it with cherry tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden and kind of a lot of pepper.
    Oops idk how to copy a post. I'm talking about the "apple cheese danish" one :)

If you miss ice cream try this. put 2 or 3 peeled bananas in the freezer until frozen solid. I cut them in chunks before freezing. Then put the frozen bananas in a food processor and process until they form ice cream. Scrape it into a freezer container and keep frozen if you don't eat it all before storing. All banana and nothing else. I didn't believe it would be like it is, it is almost a miracle. Try it you'll like it.
  • mickeymouse38
    mickeymouse38 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump !!
  • bobbyrosegr2000
    Options
    I love making smashed avocado with it! Mixing it with mashed avocado and some feta if i like! Lots of black pepper, upon toast or a rivita! Even better with a poached egg on top for breaky!
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon (or two) of light whipped cream, extract (coconut or lemon or cinnamon), packet of stevia and mix. Yum!
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great stuff yummmm
    I love nordica 1 % plain.
    Google 'farmers salad' lots of ideas
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, thanks!
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    To:
    yoyogirl68:

Your Cottage Cheese Mousse recipe looks delicious!! I'd like to try this today. I don't have jelly packets. Can I use sugar free Jelly? If so, how much? Thanks! :smile:

My guess is that it is Sugar free Jello, not Jelly. I love all the slang for different foods from around the world. Biscuits are another food that meann totally different things in the US vs. UK. :bigsmile:
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i am looking at cottage cheese in a whole new way :)
  • julu101
    Options
    Love it with chopped fresh dill.
  • lambjoo
    lambjoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Blend it up nice and smooth and use like cream cheese. :D I used that as a base for fillings for crepes and it was so yummy! Made Choco Coconut Peanut Butter, Pumpkin Pie, and Strawberry Cheesecake filling.