Options

Replies

• Karebear_68
    Options
    Bump!! These looks so good!!!
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I will mix in some chia seeds since the texture is already thick. Also mix with pureed pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice. Throw in some nuts if I need more calories.

I also like to mix in 2 TB of fat-free dressing (italian or ranch) and use it as a veggie dip.

Also, 1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar, 2 TB of bacon bits, and maybe a dash of salsa - it tastes like a loaded baked potato, without the potato.

(I'm a savory gal - I actually cannot eat cottage cheese with fruit!)
  • leesee88
    leesee88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i have always hated cottage cheese, but my mini goal for this week is to attempt to like it. i will be trying a few of these! thanks!
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Add apple sauce and cinnamon.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I add 1/4 cup of raw almonds on top and lots of pepper. YUM!
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    There are a number of noodle recipes online that include cottage cheese either with onions, cabbage, or bacon. I made pasta with cottage cheese and sauteed onions as the sauce the other day and it was quite good.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Chop up some fresh tomatoes and put in there. So good!

I've got a recipe for cottage cheese cake somewhere; will have to look for it. That was good, not too high in fat or sugar.
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump, all these sound so good!
  • szulbam
    szulbam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I mix in sunflower seeds, or I eat it on ezekial toast with a layer of avocado and tomato slices. I don't like it mixed with sweet stuff, I like it more savory.

I also use it as a topping on zucchini or cauliflower pancakes.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking. I don't usually like it, but some of these ideas are great!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    cocoa and a little bit of melted PB, splenda
  • technogal63
    Options
    Mix it into ground beef/turkey meatloaf, or use mixture to stuff peppers or zucchini - really yummy and adds some nice moistness to the meat.

Also, this sounded great although I haven't tried it yet. From the World According to Eggface blogsite - she has some great high protein recipes.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes

1/2 cup Cottage Cheese (I use pre-mixed cottage cheese with pineapple)
    1 Egg
    3 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix)
    1 Tablespoon Sugar Free White Chocolate Pudding Mix, dry
    12-15 Fresh Raspberries
    1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Raspberry Jam (I use Smucker's Simply Fruit), nuked

Whiz in mini food processor. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till bubbles appear, press 2 halved raspberries into each pancake, flip. Cook till done. Nuke SF Raspberry Jam for 25 seconds so it drizzles well. Serve each pancake with a drizzle of warmed jam and more fresh raspberries. Makes 4 small pancakes (pictured) or 8 silver dollar size.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I haven't really eaten much cottage cheese but I think I will try a few of the ideas posted here.

My husband likes it with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For the cottage cheese haters..I put mine in a food processor, to get rid of the lumps (can't stand them)..Then do 1/2 c.c and 1/2 "diet" flavored yogurt. I like it becuase it cuts down on the sugary taste, but you don't taste/feel the cottage cheese
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    OH also, cut a grapefruit in half. Top with a bit of cottage cheese mixed w/your sweetener of choice. I use brown sugar. broil until melty!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    1/2 Yves Veggie Cuisine - Spicey Italian Veggie Sausage
    Fat Free Cottage cheese mixed with some soy sauce
    2 tablespoons of cooked brown rice
  • kristymae01
    Options
    I like it spicy...salsa or hot sauce (and a bit of fresh ground pepper) mixed in.