new cottage cheese ideas?

Options

Replies

• wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine with my scrambled eggs. Keeps me so full for the morning! Love with fresh tomatoes.

Love the other ideas
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I find it so SALTY! how do ' y'all deal with that? ...i love cottage cheese and have tried it with fruit....but somehow the saltiness is so overpowdering, that , it and the sweet fruit makes me feel sick...

HELP!! and i am loving all the savory ideas.

Because it is sometimes salty, I will sometimes add it to oatmeal, flatten it out on a plate, and top with butter buds, or butter spray. Then I don't need to add salt to my oatmeal.
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try the apple/pumpkin butter idea!

same here... i don't think i've ever considered ANY of these ideas.. lol. mmmm lookin forward to my cottage cheese tomorrow! lol
  • ArizonaKitten
    ArizonaKitten Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mix with avocado and eat with a few chips. YUMMY!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ready for the BEST COTTAGE CHEESE OF YOUR LIFE

hahaha.

cut apple into small chunks. microwave for ~1 minute.
    mix into cottage cheese (as much as desired)
    add cinnamon, stevia/splenda, a touch of vanilla, and if you want to get crazy then add brown sugar and raisins..

put this in the fridge overnight.....the next day, you will have an apple cheese danish. it's so freakin amazing.

008-1.jpg
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I use peanut butter.

it needs to be said again, put it on a bagel.
  • domika03
    domika03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thi might be different, but I put it on top of my baked flounder, and ground turkey, or chillit. It makes me think I'm having a "parmesan" type meal :)
  • domika03
    domika03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that sounds so good. Gonna try it tomorrow, thanks!
  • laverne325
    laverne325 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    some of these sound yummy
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I usually eat mine with a banana and a sprinkling of pecan pieces.

Also pineapple works well.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have cereal with it..it's tolerable. These are great ideas!
  • midmomike2
    Options
    There's a great Jillian Michaels recipe that mixes cottage cheese, yogurt, almonds, and steel cut oates together and let sit overnight in frig. Tastes great and very filling! (Oh, also adds in vanilla extract)
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it in my spaghetti... My mom did this all the time when we were growing up... Jar of Ragu (or your brand choice) with lots of add ins... olives, corn, peas, and then a big scoop of cottage cheese! Also prefer it to ricotta in lasagna ect...
  • Julieblair155
    Options
    I'm going to try this w/out the brown sugar and raisins. I miss my ice cream for a bedtime snack and this might help.
    I have been eating it with cherry tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden and kind of a lot of pepper.
    Oops idk how to copy a post. I'm talking about the "apple cheese danish" one :)
  • Put it on top of lettuce. I used to eat this a lot as a kid. I think I got the idea from my grandma and/or my mom. I have not enjoyed cottage cheese in a long time, but looking back at it, I think it tasted great because it was like having a salad with cheese and dressing.
  • JNC1987
    Options
    besides fruit I will often times just add some pepper or no-salt mrs dash, no extra calories really but tons more flavors.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I mix my cottage cheese with an equal amount of canned pure pumpkin (Libby's), I add in pumpkin pie spice and some Truvia...omg is it good. I eat it daily. And pure pumpkin is amazing for you. :)
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this w/out the brown sugar and raisins. I miss my ice cream for a bedtime snack and this might help.
    I have been eating it with cherry tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden and kind of a lot of pepper.
    Oops idk how to copy a post. I'm talking about the "apple cheese danish" one :)

just because you mentioned missing ice cream im going to give you another recipe, hopefully you see it!1 the ingredients are a bit more particular but it tastes just like ice cream and its such a healthy recovery bed time snack i have it everyday....

the ingredients are:
    1 scoop of casein protein (i use cookies n cream flavour, ive had with chocolate too which is also good)
    1 TBSP of natural peanut butter OR 2 TBSP PB2
    1 cup almond milk

mix the ingredients together until its a pudding like consistancy....put it in the freezer for about 30 min... its sooo good!!

006.jpg

Sorry to hijack your cottage cheese thread haha
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese? Yeah, ummm, trash can? Yuck.