Gun owners?

Options

Replies

• HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Go with a 9mm M&P or a .40 either way you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ruger LCP .380 It's small but packs a punch and you can find one for around $300.

Or a shotgun....:happy:
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have an H&K .40.... It has VERY little kick.. kinda big but will stop ANYONE or ANYTHING lol... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I also have an AK-47 which is my gun of choice... BEST GUN EVER LOL

:love: :flowerforyou: I have the H&K USP .40 - Love it too!!!!!

Sold my AK-47 years ago... *kicks a rock*

Ain't the H&K amazing... I just can't get enough of it.... My grouping with the AK is AWESOME... We have an AR but I just can't get my grouping tighter... I try but yeah I don't like the sights

H&K is my fave! I've got a Glock 26 as well. I dig my AR and love the sights but I prefer my Remington 870 :wink:
  • cdmalmrose
    cdmalmrose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a 38 Tauras with a chopped hammer. small but effective
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options

Ok fair enough. I am just glad the cops over here are armed and will kill a suspect. I live right behind our local police department and feel very safe but you can never be too careful IMO.

Kill a SUSPECT? Wow..here you are innocent until found guilty in a court of law, the police can't just kill people they THINK might have committed a crime
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Ok fair enough. I am just glad the cops over here are armed and will kill a suspect. I live right behind our local police department and feel very safe but you can never be too careful IMO.

Kill a SUSPECT? Wow..here you are innocent until found guilty in a court of law, the police can't just kill people they THINK might have committed a crime

If there's a gun pointed at my head with 3 dead bodies around me, I would hope that the police would shoot the suspect with the gun to my head.
  • Thundermtn
    Options
    I believe you are looking for a gun that is for personal defense and can carry in a concealed fashion. Although I am a fan of 9mm (of which I saw many recommendations), I think the best bang for your requirements is a .380. Ex: a Walthers 380 is small, very concealeable.. easy fit in a purse kind of thing... and does an adequate job for personal defense. This is just my opinion. As many others have stated.. the best bet is to go to a reputable gun shop and try a few different makes and calibers. Find what is comfortable in your hand and the size you are looking for.
    Good luck.
  • jackmac62
    Options
    So glad i'm a Canadian!!!!!!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi

From the UK here and am genuinely curious to hear you all talk so casually and knowledgeably about guns. This is a foreign concept to us over here, am I to take it that the average American out on the street is carrying a gun?
    Without going into the wrongs and rights of this, I find this a scary thought. I don't think I would like to live in a society where I felt threatened enough to feel I needed a gun. Just my perspective from the other side of the pond...

Scary? The right to bear arms is guaranteed under to U.S. Constitution. Too many groups in America have had very bad historical experiences with being unarmed and at the mercy of the government. Just ask some old Blacks or some old Indians about what happens to you when you lose the right to bear arms in America.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend you to get Glock 26 or 19. You could beat Glock up all you want and it will go bang at every time when you pull the trigger (unless the ammo is bad).

I love Glock 30 and it is .45 ACP, I like bigger hole so a person could bleed to death faster than 9mm. It has a kick in .45, but 9MM is very low in the kick.

A placement of bullet is very important than what kind of gun, caliber you have. If you have to shoot at someone, then you must shoot to kill.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Ok let me rephrase that. They will defend themselves and others and will kill if the perp comes at them. Make a move toward a cop with a weapon and you're pretty much dead. Happens all the time unfortunately.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I have a CWP here in WA and carry a .380 auto pistol which is loaded with hollow points. The pistol is small enough to carry in a purse without breaking your arm. For home, I have an old JC Higgins 12 ga. shotgun which has been sawed off (and re-sighted) just to legal, which makes it easy to maneuver in a smaller space.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Look at a Taurus Millenium Pro. Comes in 9mm, .40 and .45. I have the .45 and find the kick not to be as bad as some would think. It's more of a push. Small pistol but hold 10 in the magazine of .40 and .45. I think it holds 12 in 9mm.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love my 9mm:heart: My dad brought it when I was younger and I did so well with it he is giving it to me. Once my hubby and I have a proper gun cabinet I will be bringing it home:happy:
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I really like the Bersa PP9 Concealed Carry
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    .38 Special revolver without a hammer is good to carry in a purse because the hammer won't get hung up in your purse.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    So glad i'm a Canadian!!!!!!

Said no one ever;)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

Yeah, don't come to WA and play with a weapon in front of our cops. They'll kill ya dead without blinking an eye.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I think in this case, the term "suspect" is referring to a person who is actively shooting at/beating/maiming or otherwise harming another person.

An example....here, in my town, a man dragged his wife out of their car, in front of their children and proceeded to stab her repeatedly. Had a police officer been onsight, he would have shot this man and saved the woman's life.

Sadly, no one on the street was armed that morning and by the time a good samaritan pulled out his tire iron and beat the man off his wife, she was dead.

These are the reasons we're happy that our police are armed and that, with proper background checks and licensing, we can be armed in order to protect ourselves.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

If there's a gun pointed at my head with 3 dead bodies around me, I would hope that the police would shoot the suspect with the gun to my head.

And he better not miss!
This discussion has been closed.