Two years of fun.

Options

Replies

• valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You look a little like someone who lifts weights. I guess. You goon--you are amazing. Smart and hot is my favorite combination. Thanks for posting to share HOW the magic happens.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am very, very proud of you, and am happy to call you my friend.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My man you are inspirational, knowledgeable, fun and UNBELIEVABLY helpful! What you've done is amazing and what you continue to do even more so. I am lucky to count you among my friends and personally can't even begin to thank you for all the help you've given me.

And you totally out-manwhore me
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    You are amazing SS! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for being my friend.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You are in inspiration!!! Amazing change!
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    I also owe a very sincere thank you to Alan Aragon -- if I had never let go of my ridiculous misunderstandings of fitness and nutrition, I'm not sure I would have stuck to the plan. Reading his work hasn't given me all of the answers, but he's done a great job teaching me to ask the right questions, and rather than showing me what's important, he's shown me what isn't. And in the world of nutrition there seems to be a whole lot of nonsense that can get in the way of a simple, yet effective plan.

I can not agree more!

Keep it up, you are amazing :smile:
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm happy that you're here! You've come so far and you're always so encouraging. I read the advice that you leave for others and it's always so spot on!

Good luck on year 3! I'm happy to be your friend!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    As usual, a great post. Thanks for sharing, SS!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Like a boss!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Aww :heart:

Look at you... You are quite the little minx now.. FANTASTIC sir!!!!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sara said it best, you're an absolute asset. Congratulations on your great success!
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Incredible, and extremely motivating. I greatly admire your dedication to your health AND the obvious dedication you have to your family. It's great to see someone accomplish so much while maintaining a family and a job as well - definitely fabulous.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    cool
  • cakelady69
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You have done amazing and will continue to. I enjoy your posts and motivation!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I think you look great either way. You weren't even fat? Lol, but good job on the abs!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    There's so much that can be said, but I'll leave it at-

You are awesome and I'm grateful this site has you. I've certainly learned from you.
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. You've done good, SideSteel. You've done good.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to offer a big congratulations on the results of all your hard work and also to thank you.

I lurk a lot more than I comment, but I've gotten a lot of great information from you and others that think like you, i.e. HelloitsDan, CrisAnderson27, and many others who offer common sense and science backed up by actual peer-reviewed studies. But you're the one who posted the one thing that I've found most influential on this site. I just started on MFP about three months ago after being diagnosed with Type2 Diabetes and once I found the forums, one of the earliest posts I read was: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/635529-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag?hl=speedbag

I not only have this bookmarked, but I also printed it out to keep as a reminder that this does not have to be difficult (mentally that is - since if it's not difficult physically, I need to be working harder!). To paraphrase an earlier commenter, it helps keeps all the "noise, theories, and BS" under control. So again, thank you for providing some common sense for those of us new to the whole fitness journey, and know that you're appreciated even by some of us "quiet" ones on the boards.:flowerforyou:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kind words.

I think you look great either way. You weren't even fat? Lol, but good job on the abs!

^ I wouldn't have labeled myself as "fat" when I started. I was definitely what we call "skinny-fat", and the before pic that I have (4 weeks into training) doesn't quite do justice to the mass of the gut I had. Still not enough to look "fat" when clothed. I just looked like a lazy white guy with a little gut, when clothed.

But it was fat enough for my friend to immediately point to it and laugh at me =)
    I just wanted to offer a big congratulations on the results of all your hard work and also to thank you.

I lurk a lot more than I comment, but I've gotten a lot of great information from you and others that think like you, i.e. HelloitsDan, CrisAnderson27, and many others who offer common sense and science backed up by actual peer-reviewed studies. But you're the one who posted the one thing that I've found most influential on this site. I just started on MFP about three months ago after being diagnosed with Type2 Diabetes and once I found the forums, one of the earliest posts I read was: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/635529-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag?hl=speedbag

I not only have this bookmarked, but I also printed it out to keep as a reminder that this does not have to be difficult (mentally that is - since if it's not difficult physically, I need to be working harder!). To paraphrase an earlier commenter, it helps keeps all the "noise, theories, and BS" under control. So again, thank you for providing some common sense for those of us new to the whole fitness journey, and know that you're appreciated even by some of us "quiet" ones on the boards.flowerforyou

Thank you very much, and congrats on your progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!