Two years of fun.

Options

Replies

• SwissRiviera
    Options
    Amazing journey, amazing story, thanks for sharing your success! Congratulations on reaching your goal and most important your new baby! Yes, we can! Yes, you have!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Awesome transformation. Awesome guy. Awesome friend. Thanks for being you, Patrick, And thanks for caring enough about us to share your knowledge with us everyday. Looking forward to seeing Year Three's Progress Update. Proud to be your friend.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Amidst all the BS, myths and sometimes total misinformation that can be huge part of this site, there you are with a sensible, reasonable approach to all things nutrition and fitness related, it's great to have people on here like you who know their stuff and are willing to share it around. You can always be counted on to have a great answer or opinion that everyone can understand. Thank you. ( your pics always make my day too!)
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Well I think you look fantastic!!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    :heart: You inspire! You impact! You impress! And you're my friend. :wink:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :D Lookin' fit and hot!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't post much, but I wanted to come out of the woodwork to say thank you for posting your story. It's really what I needed to hear. I am almost halfway to my goal, and recently I have become so tired and worn out on this journey to self improvement. Honestly, I haven't given up but I've taken a few steps back and it scares the hell out of me. Last night I literally got so angry over watching everything I eat I just said screw it and ate whatever. But I know that was a childish temper tantrum...your story reminds me this is a journey that will take patience, not a race. I'm at the point where I have become very aware of my macros, my fitness goals (I have gravitated to only lifting) and what it will take to reach my goals. It is a long , slow process that takes a LOT of mental strength. I applaud you, I admire you and hope to be like you. I've seen you around here a lot, enough to know that you carry a lot of weight around here...and trust me, I definitely sit up and pay attention when I see a post from you.

My husband has recently started his journey about 3 months ago, and his start was eerily similar to yours. I'm going to bookmark this and show him your story. He has changed his eating, and on his 11th week of Stronglifts 5x5 (so am I, we are doing the program together). Like you, we are finding that in a quest to change our bodies, we are also changing who we are as individuals. We are becoming more dedicated and disciplined that we've ever been. And trust me, we used to be a bunch of lazy *kitten* LOL!! I know he will really appreciate your story and I can't wait to show him. The slow progress can be discouraging at times, but as I'm sure you know ya just gotta keep plugging away at it and never give up.

Sorry this was so long winded. Keep on being awesome! I vote this to be on of the best success stories on MFP.
    HIGH FIVE!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I am so proud to be counted among your friends list! as always, such great inspiration. and not bad to look at btw!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration!
    Well done you look brilliant!!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Awesome post
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Awesome transformation. Awesome guy. Awesome friend. Thanks for being you, Patrick, And thanks for caring enough about us to share your knowledge with us everyday. Looking forward to seeing Year Three's Progress Update. Proud to be your friend.
    I couldn't have said this better and straight to the point. Thanks SS !
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Bump.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading this!! Awesome work!
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Wow, this is really inspiring!
    Well done!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on your success! You look amazing! :wink:
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Excellent results. Are you following a particular weight routine a la 5x5 or 5/3/1/ or did you design your own?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Excellent results. Are you following a particular weight routine a la 5x5 or 5/3/1/ or did you design your own?

Despite it being against what I would recommend, I designed my own. I shouldn't have done so in the beginning, but then again I did all kinds of things wrong with my training in the beginning. My current program is also self-written but now that I've come to terms with some short term training needs, and now that I'm in a better position to understand how to meet those needs, I don't take as much issue with it.

Had I done things more efficiently from the beginning I would probably have had better results.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    EDIT: I also didn't do any cardio, because I dislike it.

Liar. Isn't *kitten* cardio?

You can't fool me, I know you :heart:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

I would like to edit my statement to read: I do massive amounts of high intensity cardio.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I would like to edit my statement to read: I do massive amounts of high intensity cardio.

LOLZ!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!