Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    So when my ex gf dumped me, she asked if I'd be ok... I replied by asking her if she were to die before me, would she be willing to come back and give me ghost sex... she agreed!!

So I have that going for me.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I may have to report back later. My man is helping renovate an old mortuary & told me I should stop by tonight. He's had several experiences with the alarm system 'malfunctioning' while he was there, and the owner has told him plenty of stories that have me interested to check it out. Can't freaking wait. Screw Ghost Adventures tonight...I'm on my own adventure!! :drinker:
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Boooo-uuuummmpppppp.... :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    When we bought our house, we were told that the man who built it died on the front steps coming back from just having cashed his paycheck. Their story was that he held on just long enough to make sure his wife had some money on hand. So sweet! Anyway, it took a little while to come out but Hubs has seen him a few times over the years.

Now, I'm still not sure what happened here (or maybe just won't admit to myself what happened) but about a week ago, I was saying goodnight to Hubs and just as I was closing the door, I heard a voice say something. I opened the bedroom door up to ask Hubs if he said something and he said no and man did I get the chills then!! It couldn't have been the TV because we'd paused the movie we were watching and it wasn't coming from outside because it was getting chilly out and we'd closed the windows. YIKES! I've also had those fleeting corner of my eye spottings as well but of course never see anything when I try to look head on...
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple. At the house we grew up in I once woke up and saw this lady standing in the doorway of my bedroom watching my sister and I sleep. I lay there watching and assumed it was my mom. After several minutes I said "mom, is something wrong?" then the figure disappeared into the wall. I realised it wasn't mom and pulled the blankets up over my head.

A few years later I was in the basement making a gift for my mom. I started feeling like there was someone watching over my shoulder and felt a feeling of approval, like this person was proud of what I was doing. I assumed maybe it was my grandfather whom I don't remember because he died when I was a toddler. A bit later I went upstairs, the phone rang, and it was my someone letting my parents know my Uncle died. So I think it must have been him.

More recently I had a visit from my Grandmother in a dream. Her last years here she was unable to communicate. I think all of us stopped going to see her since she didn't know who even her own children were. She would just sit there. Well in my dream she told me that she could understand, she just couldn't respond. I told her I was sorry I didn't come, but I didn't think she knew. She said she understood, but we should all know that even if someone can't communicate they are still in there, they know what is going on around them, and we should treat them as if they could answer us. *interesting fact - just today I was thinking about this and wanted to share this story. Then I come to MFP and find this thread. Obviously someone needed to hear this. I don't believe it was a coincidence. To whomever it was :flowerforyou:

I needed to hear this about ur grandmother! I love the paranormal! Ive had experiencs with the ouija board and when I stayed at the Myrtles Plantation two times. Will tell later but i want to know what shows u guys love. I have seen all of "A Haunting" shows a hundred times lol. And "Paranormal Witness" is soooo good!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    We have odd happenings in our house. The lights go on and off. The radio will turn on and off. Our dog will randomly bark at the wall. My daughter's toys used to turn on and off by themselves. The strangest, was one night at about 9:30 pm we had 3 big knocks on the front door. I went out but no one was there. The weird thing is that we didn't hear the screen door open or close and someone would have had to open it to knock on the main door. Also, when I was pregnant and my friend came over to the house, the basement door started shaking like someone was trying to open it.

I always just pass this off as my father-in-law coming to visit us, since I can't think of anyone else who would want to hang out with us. Since my son has been born, we haven't really had anything going on. Also, we had our house built, no one has ever lived her besides us. We do live beside a cemetery though.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    BUMP I love this, need more stories :smile:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    LOVE this topic.. Im gonna read later and I also have a few stories..
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Since I was a little kid I've had experiences with the spirit world. Many, many times I would be playing in my basement/playroom when a clear voice would call my name. I would run upstairs and ask my Mom if she called for me, the answer was always no. This happened over and over again. It's happened in my adult life as well.

I've lived in a lot of different places and only 2 of the houses I've lived in have NOT spooked me out. The rest I have had several questionable experiences. The one in particular was a really old house and I worked at a bar at the time so I would work late and watch tv when I got home. Every night if I was still watching tv at 3:30 am the tv would go fuzzy and the volume would be cranked, just all of a sudden. The cat would dash under the chair and start hissing.

Another old house I lived in was haunted by an old woman who would just randomly appear in the doorway while you were watching tv. It happened to myself and my two roomates on several occasions. There was also a little boy who appeared to be sitting on the top of the banister and he actually spoke to one of my roomates.

I was house sitting for my Grandmother and I came in pretty late at night (my Grandpa died in the house) about a minute after I walked into the house the alarm from their bedroom starting blaring and so I ran to shut it off and checked what time it was set for and it was set for 8 am. It was 1 am. I had to call my Mom to come stay with me!!!
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    bumping for later.....like during the day and not right before bed! LOL
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    There's one that keeps eating my lunches at the office. Very spooky.

That ghost needs to join MFP.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have my own experiences, but am more interested in reading everyone else's! Fun thread. =D
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When my sister moved into her house there were always weird things happening like leaving a light on when they went somewhere and when they got home, the light would be off. Or hearing footsteps when you were downstairs like someone walking across the kitchen upstairs. There was a room in the house that my niece would scream if we went in there. I hated babysitting at night. When my niece was almost one, she was crawling around and crawled into the fireplace (there was no fire). When my brother in law crawled in after her, he looked up and found a upside down star in a circle scratched in the soot. They got it cleaned out, had someone from their church come and bless the house and they haven't had anything happen since. In talking to some of the neighbors, they told my sister that they suspected that the couple there were devil worshipers.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My mother passed away in 2003. A few years passed, during which I got divorced, met my now-husband, and we'd just moved in together. We were going through a somewhat rocky time, but had a trip to Chicago planned in a couple of weeks. One morning in the wee hours, I was lying on the edge of our bed, eyes closed, but mind almost awake, when I heard my mother say, "Well, I'm here, Mo, where are you?"

When I say I heard her, I mean I HEARD her, with my ears, and it hit me at that moment that I'd actually forgotten what her voice sounded like. Also, I'd completely forgotten that she used to call me Mo. (My name is Megan, or Meg, which got lengthened to MegMo, and then shortened to Mo in a series of nicknames.) The shock of that convinced me that I'd heard her. I scrunched my eyes closed tight and thought with every ounce of my my being: Please don't be standing there, please don't be standing there, I swear to god I'm going to have a heart attack if I open my eyes and can see you.... And I opened my eyes and there was nothing there.

As freaked out as I was, I wrote it off as a weird sort of half-awake dream and didn't say anything to anyone about it.

2-3 days later, a friend of mine called. She was embarrassed, she said, but she had to ask me - did I have an aunt or grandma pass away recently? No, the last person to pass was my mother, but it was a few years ago...why? Well, it turns out, my friend told me that someone (a female spirit or presence) had been pestering her nonstop for the last few days to call me and deliver a message - the message was that I needed to stop being so independent, and to let (my now-husband) know that I needed him, and that the upcoming trip would do us a lot of good.

:noway:

I hadn't told my friend about our rocky times, about the upcoming trip, OR that I thought I'd heard my mother the few days prior. My friend and I hadn't spoken at all in the previous couple of weeks, and she'd never before told me that she was sensitive in any way. I have no doubt that Mom realized I wasn't ready for her surprise visit, so she found someone close to me who would listen. Amazing.

I've tried calling to her since then with more of an open mind, but haven't gotten any replies. Yet. :)

Oh, and funny enough, after I married my now-husband and changed my last name, my initials spell out: MO. She always knew!!!
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have something that follows me around. It hides things, messes with people who live with me, interfere with my life.
  • gregre04
    Options
    So I live in an old house and the guy that live here before me shot and killed a police officer. Apparently there were bullet holes in the house but I never knew about it before signing the papers( I was having new siding put on) I've had a couple weird things happen here but the strangest was when I woke up one morning to all my cupboard doors open.
  • hurricane75
    Options
    I'm a ghost hunter and i must say i have seen a lot of stuff, but then again that's why i keep going out to those places to see that kind of stuff. i love what i do and can't get enough of it. I have worked with a lot of teams in my area. If anybody is in the NJ area who is into this stuff, let me know maybe we could go out and investigate together. We could always use another team member for the night.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ive had a few...most of them just creepy (or sad & one I dont like thinking about picture a 7 ft tall cloaked being with a goats face, Ibex type horns standing in your bedroom when you wake up from NO dream...had to sit up in bed throw out my hands and say NO!! GO AWAY!!...scared the Carp outta me!!! It was NOT a dream)
    The ones I prefer to remember are when my mom passed away (at home) my sister brought her son over who spent alot of time with his grandma she was his daycare my sister worked full time. We were waiting for the funeral home to come and pick up her remains and I could see my nephew who was about 3 standing in the doorway of her bedroom. He was fully engaged in a conversation with "someone", waiting to talk like he was answering questions, giggling and waving. He stopped goofing around, got very quiet and nodded his head a few times, blew a kiss (my mom always did that when he got into my sisters car to go home) then came running down the hall climbed up into my sisters lap and said 'I love you mommy". I am convinced he was talking with grandma..
    Another time..............
    My husband and I were cooking in the kitchen (of my moms house about 8 months after she passed) I was making greek salad and thinking about her as it was her fav and she especially liked it how my BIL made it. I was standing buy the sink the water was running and my husband was across the room. Out of nowhere the water pressure changed and something tugged on the back hem of my shirt twice 'tug,tug' then water went back to normal. I spun around as I thought it was hubby but he had his back to me and there is no way he could have reached me and got back to where he was without me seeing him move. when I asked him if he had pulled on my shirt he looked at me like I was insane. It made me cry. I think she just wanted to let me know she liked my greek salad too!! LOL
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    interestingly enough, any other night I wouldn't have looked twice at this thread. but tonight, here I am sitting on my couch watching tv. and a receipt, a single receipt, starts moving on my coffee table. there were other papers and things on the table, but only that moved. no open doors or windows, nothing. just this receipt, slowly creeping along my coffee table. -.-
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    It happened to my grandma/sister.

My grandma went into open heart surgery, and during it your heart stops and you're actually considered "dead" I guess. The next morning after my grandma's surgery my sister explained how she had a dream that my grandma was pulled out of her body and that my grandpa, her husband ( who died from a sudden massive heart attack in his 50s) was talking to her, and then she was him let her go and tell her "You have to go back, people need you. It's not your time yet".

My grandma later told the same story after she came "out of it". We were in shock, but it was very moving. My sister and I were pretty young at the time. My sister seems to be very open to that stuff. When she was young, she was playing in the living room and my mom was doing bills at the tables, my mom said she all of a sudden stopped what she was doing and just stared behind my mom. Then her eyes moved as if her eyes were following someone. She said "Mommy, who is that man behind you?" and my mom got a little freaked out and turned around and didn't see anyone, so she calmly said "What man, JP?" My sister paused, as if she was going to say something, and then said "Never mind." She was about 4-5 at the time. My sister said a few years later when she could really explain that when my mom asked her that the mom put his finger on his lips making the "shushing" gesture. She also identified it to be my Grandpa... Crazy.

I've SEEN things that are really hard to explain. I was laying on my boyfriends bed and I saw this little black thing appear out of nowhere in the air just about a foot from the ceiling, then zip really fast and disappear in mid air. It was really weird. That place was haunted AF. My friend was sitting in his room one day we were all watching TV and out of no where she screamed and pulled her hand up to her and we were like, WTH, and she said she saw something come out from around the corner of the doorway like the size of a cat and grab at her. My boyfriend saw things to. Things would randomly fall in his shower. One time he came home and saw a shadow thing standing in his bathroom. That was only a few weeks after he moved in. And you know how like the buzzer on apartments have names? Well, the one where his one said "Skelton". We went to a wildlife sanctuary which is about 2 miles down the road from his apartments, and they have these little plaque things in honor of someone and it has dates and stuff on it. There was a BRAND NEW ONE that was still being "worked on" with the person's name Skelton....that freaked us out.