Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later & also to tell some of my own experiences!!
  • aneexer
    Options
    My father didnt want us to see him die I live an hour away and drove my mum nad sisters to his side we left and a few hours later he decided to pass on I believe he just wanted to see us all congregated together by his bed then he was happy. He had demintia but I knew he understood who we all were I was stroking his forehead and said "you like this dad dont you" he looked up at me and said "yeah" he was like a little boy again it really touched my heart :(
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Ive had a few...most of them just creepy (or sad & one I dont like thinking about picture a 7 ft tall cloaked being with a goats face, Ibex type horns standing in your bedroom when you wake up from NO dream...had to sit up in bed throw out my hands and say NO!! GO AWAY!!...scared the Carp outta me!!! It was NOT a dream)
    The ones I prefer to remember are when my mom passed away (at home) my sister brought her son over who spent alot of time with his grandma she was his daycare my sister worked full time. We were waiting for the funeral home to come and pick up her remains and I could see my nephew who was about 3 standing in the doorway of her bedroom. He was fully engaged in a conversation with "someone", waiting to talk like he was answering questions, giggling and waving. He stopped goofing around, got very quiet and nodded his head a few times, blew a kiss (my mom always did that when he got into my sisters car to go home) then came running down the hall climbed up into my sisters lap and said 'I love you mommy". I am convinced he was talking with grandma..
    Another time..............
    My husband and I were cooking in the kitchen (of my moms house about 8 months after she passed) I was making greek salad and thinking about her as it was her fav and she especially liked it how my BIL made it. I was standing buy the sink the water was running and my husband was across the room. Out of nowhere the water pressure changed and something tugged on the back hem of my shirt twice 'tug,tug' then water went back to normal. I spun around as I thought it was hubby but he had his back to me and there is no way he could have reached me and got back to where he was without me seeing him move. when I asked him if he had pulled on my shirt he looked at me like I was insane. It made me cry. I think she just wanted to let me know she liked my greek salad too!! LOL

My husband (who doesn't believe in ghosts) eventually told me that whilst standing in the kitchen late at night he's had something tug at his shirt from the back, said he was alarmed the first time and swung around to see if it was me that had creeped up on him, but it wasn't me!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My mom has restored old houses for the past 25 years. Each home has had its little quirks. She has always heard or felt things. But it never bothers her...she feels they are happy that she is taking care of their homes. Some of the more memorable ones (happened to various family members)

1. One home had an old barn in the back. My mom redid the loft of it, making it into a nice office space. She put in carpet as well. But her and a couple of other people would hear people walking in there when they were in the lower space. People walking on wood floors above them and the clang of horse bridles and such.

2. Her most recent home has been talked about being haunted for years. And there did seem to be something more there than in her other houses. There was a passthrough walkway that no dog would go through. We would stand on the other side of the passthrough and call her dogs, my dogs, cousin's dogs....none of them would go through. They would sit and whine a bit and then walk through another room to get to us. It was strange!

3. My husband feel asleep by her pool of them same house and woke up about 2am with our German Shepard growling next to him. Her hair was on end and she was staring at the porch of the house. He sat up and looked over to see what was bothering her and saw a man staring at them. When he said "hello?" , the man turned and went through the wall of the house. Our dog growled again, but laid down and just stared at the house.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    There's one that keeps eating my lunches at the office. Very spooky.

awwwh sorry that was me :wink:
  • franmetamorphisis
    Options
    When I moved to America, my mother found a 2 room apartment. I lived in this house for 9 years, and It was extremely paranormal. The story goes, way back when a Mother killed her daughter in the bath tub by cutting her stomach, many people claimed her to be a Witch. I was about 8 years old, and I knew something was very wrong with my place. But nothing, and I mean nothing- got to my Mother. She would literally sit and talk to Ghost, and let them know "I'm not leaving, so either we get along. Or we don't". My mother slept with her boyfriend, my sister & I shared a bed and my brother had his own bed. All in our attic. I had to use the bathroom and awoke from my dreams All of a sudden. I went to the bathroom, too tired to even turn on any lights. I was half asleep on the toilet, after a few minutes I decided to head back to bed. But first, wipe - I reach to my left to grab some tissue and I feel something Wet. My eyes are still close and I'm trying to make out what this could be. I continue to run my hands against this Wet - whatever it was- and then pressed my fingers, It felt like skin. So I opened my eyes are looked over, It was a girl. About my age, standing right NEXT to the toilet - looking right back at me. I got up, and rushed to the Attic within .3946 secounds. I woke up my Mom, in tears "Theres a girl in the bathroom and she looks Hurt!". My mom turned the lights on and my hand was stained with a Dark brown residue... At the time I couldnt make it out... But i believe it was Old blood.
  • barbaramitchell101
    Options
    Ive had a few...most of them just creepy (or sad & one I dont like thinking about picture a 7 ft tall cloaked being with a goats face, Ibex type horns standing in your bedroom when you wake up from NO dream...had to sit up in bed throw out my hands and say NO!! GO AWAY!!...scared the Carp outta me!!! It was NOT a dream)
    The ones I prefer to remember are when my mom passed away (at home) my sister brought her son over who spent alot of time with his grandma she was his daycare my sister worked full time. We were waiting for the funeral home to come and pick up her remains and I could see my nephew who was about 3 standing in the doorway of her bedroom. He was fully engaged in a conversation with "someone", waiting to talk like he was answering questions, giggling and waving. He stopped goofing around, got very quiet and nodded his head a few times, blew a kiss (my mom always did that when he got into my sisters car to go home) then came running down the hall climbed up into my sisters lap and said 'I love you mommy". I am convinced he was talking with grandma..
    Another time..............
    My husband and I were cooking in the kitchen (of my moms house about 8 months after she passed) I was making greek salad and thinking about her as it was her fav and she especially liked it how my BIL made it. I was standing buy the sink the water was running and my husband was across the room. Out of nowhere the water pressure changed and something tugged on the back hem of my shirt twice 'tug,tug' then water went back to normal. I spun around as I thought it was hubby but he had his back to me and there is no way he could have reached me and got back to where he was without me seeing him move. when I asked him if he had pulled on my shirt he looked at me like I was insane. It made me cry. I think she just wanted to let me know she liked my greek salad too!! LOL
  • barbaramitchell101
    Options
    this 7 fot tall being with goats horns was demonic...you need a blessing!!!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    When i met my boyfriend 7 years ago, his family owned a care home. I was sitting down in this living room staring at his other couch. He asked me if I didn't want to watch tv or whatever and i told him, "I cannot enjoy it with that lady starring at me." He asked what Lady and I pointed to the other couch but he didn't see what I was seeing, so he asked me to describe what this lady looked like. Apparently I was describing a lady who had lived at the care home. This lady left 2 months before I met him and passed away outside of the house.

Another patient at his carehome passed away at the hospital, but late in the night you can hear her walking down the hall with her walker screeching on the wood floors (she never knew how to pick it up a little and just dug it in.)
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've had several encounters with shadow people. Well, I should say shadow beings because one of them looked like a shadow of a dog.

I was half-asleep at the time and thought it was my dog staring at me in the middle of the night. I reached out and tapped him on the leg with my arm and told him to lie down. After a few seconds, I didn't hear him lying down, so I opened my eyes and the shadow was gone. I sat up and looked around for my dog. He was on the other side of the bed, nowhere near where the shadow was and sat up like he was asleep the whole time. There wasn't enough time for him to go from one side of the bed to the other (and I would have felt him climb over me), so I know that shadow being was real. I actually touched it. The other encounters have also been at night, but they looked like people. I've had two of those encounters.

There was also a ghost in my old office building. Everyone on my work team knew about it. They swore up and down that there was a ghost in the building. I didn't believe it until one day I heard my boss's voice from his cubicle behind me. When I answered "What?" and stood up to look in his cubicle, he wasn't there. Then I remembered he was on vacation...not even in the building. A couple of my co-workers heard me say "what?" and saw me stand up and turn around. They all freaked out because they knew it was the ghost. I guess it liked to wander from team to team on each floor.
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Love reading these
  • barbaramitchell101
    Options
    wow, I've experienced everything posted and then some....I moved into this old house maybe in 1991..I rented it first, then later bought it because of all I experienced, and wanted to experience more....to me, it has been fascinating...I wrote down everything I and my family experienced for the first 2 years...I have a full 22 pages of notes..but there has been things happening that none of you have mentioned....

the first thing I noticed when I moved in was the strong feeling of being watched....from specific areas of the house....I just shrugged it off at that time and made sure the curtains were closed...

.the next thing that happened was when I was the only one in the house...I was making some fudge for a bake sale that my daughter had signed up for...I had just put some marshmallows into the pan and put the package back on the counter...as I looked at the bag, a marshmallow came out of the half empty bag, came straight up and then flew to the left and landed with a strong thud about 4 feet away...I knew then, I had a visiter....

every two days or so, something odd would happen...here are just a few

.lights that look like fireplace embers would drop out of the ceiling, from the top of a door, or fly across the room (the fireplace was NOT lit)

then there were shadows,(round balls), that were seen either moving around the room, or one time outside the front door when my dog wanted to go outside, he just froze, hair standing up, and refused to go out...

several cupbords in my house, in the kitchen and one in the living room..had several instances of "bang, bang, bang" and afterward the latches were broken...

also, there have been instances of "time warps", at least this is what I call it..

.my most memorable experience was shared between me and my BF...I was sewing in the back room of my house, my BF was fixing something to eat in the kitchen, my 2 young teenagers were at bible study with my brother and his wife and were due to be dropped off soon....all of a sudden, we both heard the front door slam, the kids coming in, bickering with each other...and then SILENCE.....my BF asked me if I had heard them come in, and I answered yes....he went to check and there WAS NOBODY HERE!!!!! 10 minutes later, this time I heard the car outside...the kids came in, slamming the door exactly as before, bickering with the same statements!!!!

I have heard running footsteps from the bedroom upstairs, sometimes several times a night...when my daughter was sleeping up there (it actually sounded like how she comes down the stairs) but she is still asleep...and actually comes down about a half hour later to use the restroom....

when things happen in the middle of the night, it is almost always at 3:32 am

the sheet was pulled down to my ankles one night, I just reached down and pulled it up again and it stopped

When working at my computer in the living room one evening, I was poked in the ribs on my left side...I looked around and nobody was near me...my kids were 10 feet away laying on the floor watching TV.....30 minutes later, a bal of light came out of my computer screen (it was about 1 inch in diameter) and hit me in the face....I jumped back and then it went down my left arm and out my fingers into the phone I was talking on (my mother, who was on the phone with me, said she heard static) the next day, I had an acute toothache, that never healed and eventually had to have an emergency extraction...my left hand, after this, was numb for 4 days...I think maybe, the spirit was trying to warn me with the poke, but I'm not really sure...

I have had several instances of vapor rising in the room, way far away from anything that could cause it...

Then, one day, it followed me to work!!!! in the car, I saw little black round shadows flying around inside the car on my way to the office.... once I got there, this is what happened....first was a vapor rising from my phone...then all the pictures on the walls of my office fell off, breaking glass....all equipment started doing funny things...the fax machine went off, but no fax. the phone would ring, but when picked up it was just a dial tone...and the fan in the outer office ceiling, acually fell off...luckily nobody was hurt...and we had a new employee, that started that day, and she got so freaked, she quit her first day!!!..

the spirit liked to flip the keys on your belt...touch your arm....investigate whatever you were cooking (I saw a dark round shadow over by the stove in the kitchen, while at my computer (I was cooking spaghetti)

There were only 2 times I have seen an image...the first time I was asleep on the couch, and I was awakened, I'm not sure by what) and when I opened my eyes there was a tall dark figure walking toward where I was..immediately, it was gone.....another time, after I bought a bed for myself, and moved into one of the bedrooms, I opened my eyes to see a very short, thin figure walking past the bed from the bathroom doorway which is to the right o the bed and walking out the door a the foot of the bed...there were strange lights just outside the bedroom door, which the entity emerged into and then disappeared, along with the lights...

there have been much more things, but I have to stop somewhere...

I did have a HOPI woman come into my house and bless it (I think this was in 1994)...ever since it has been quiet, except every now and then, we get a rapping, or a sighting of a dark round shadow...but at least now I can sleep thru the night...I have NEVER been scared...just accepted it....

in my younger years, I had a BF that was into black magic...so in the beginning I made sure that this wasn't the same thing....
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had several experiences in the house I lived in a few years ago. I found out later my landlord's mom died in the bedroom. Anyway, I had just moved in with my 2 kids and it was very dark...no lights on anywhere. It was about midnight and I woke up to being choked! I gasped for breath and tried yelling help several times, but no sound came out. I finally was able to yell help (quietly...didn't want to scare my kids..lol) and it stopped, but I got up to look and had finger marks on my neck. It hurt so much!! I had the house blessed, but had another experience even after it was blessed. I was watching tv one night and felt someone playing with my hair. I still have experiences where we live now, but none painful or as obvious as the previous house. Very scary!!
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've never been one to believe in the supernatural like this. I like to think of myself as a very rational person and although I am a skeptic, these types of things really interest me. I'm mostly interested in the psychological aspect of it all, though. There's a logical/scientific explanation for everything... and sometimes our minds are the spookiest of all. Amazing what our brains might perceive when we're affected by fear.

My grandmother passed away about 2 years ago and we've kept her ashes in a beautiful wooden chest in my mother's room. My mom has this small amethyst carving of an angel that she keeps on top of the box that moves; you can see a trail in the dust sometimes. We always joke that it's grandma's spirit, but we really know that it moves slowly over time because we live right near a major highway. The box is also in a room above the garage.

So, if you really take the time to think about what you're seeing or hearing, there is usually an explanation for it! :)
  • barbaramitchell101
    Options
    I've never been one to believe in the supernatural like this. I like to think of myself as a very rational person and although I am a skeptic, these types of things really interest me. I'm mostly interested in the psychological aspect of it all, though. There's a logical/scientific explanation for everything... and sometimes our minds are the spookiest of all. Amazing what our brains might perceive when we're affected by fear.

My grandmother passed away about 2 years ago and we've kept her ashes in a beautiful wooden chest in my mother's room. My mom has this small amethyst carving of an angel that she keeps on top of the box that moves; you can see a trail in the dust sometimes. We always joke that it's grandma's spirit, but we really know that it moves slowly over time because we live right near a major highway. The box is also in a room above the garage.

So, if you really take the time to think about what you're seeing or hearing, there is usually an explanation for it! :)

Check out my post right above yours and explain it, Please
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    bump to read later!
  • Ginnyesq
    Options
    Years ago, a few months after my mom died, she came walking into my bedroom one morning and told me that she had my cat and it was fine. She actually had my cat with her. I wasn't sure if it was a dream or what, but if so it was the most vivid dream I ever had.

I got up and got out of bed to go look for my cat and my dad told me he accidentally ran it over that morning and it died.