Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    The bearded man, was it Santa?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    When i was about 11, my mom bought the most beautiful Victorian house. It was brick, pre-civil war era with the grand stair case in front and "servants" stair case in back from the kitchen. We went to our county historical association and spent about 4 hours there researching our property, found tons of cool things about the house, the owners and that the man who owned the house invented a brick making machine that was the first of it's kind in Indiana. We also found out that he was a train spotter and eventually lost a leg when he was watching trains near his house one night and got too close.

Anyway, I was really young and only remember ONE specific incident that happened to myself. My bedroom was at the front of the house, with the two tall windows in front and a fireplace to the side, just above the downstairs fireplace. One night, I woke up out of a dead sleep. I don't know why but I just opened my eyes and saw what I thought was an angel crouched on the floor near my doorway. I couldn't make out any features but there was a definite outline and it was hazy white. I freaked out and hid under my sheets until I had the courage to look again several minutes later. Never had an experience like that again.. I do also remember being terrified of my closet, which was also directly above the old hidden passage way downstairs from the foyer closet into the laundry room with the cellar entrance.. The story, apparently, was that the house was part of the underground railroad (I've researched and found that a major route went right through the city where I live) and they used the passage way to sneak slaves out of the basement and through the front door when they needed to make an escape from the house.

My mom told us a few stories when we became adults. I didn't ever know that her and my step dad had experiences because they didn't tell us when we were young. The most interesting that she had was when my brother and I were asleep and they were getting ready for bed they heard a loud, machine-like roaring coming from downstairs. She and my step-dad ran downstairs to find the dining room ceiling fan spinning out of control and the light on the fixture glowing bright and pulsating. She said she was so terrified that she never went downstairs at night alone the rest of the time she lived there.

I am a history buff, and I absolutely cherish old buildings. I would kill to live in that beautiful old house again.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    A little more than a year after my grandpa had passed, I was back at their place for a visit. My grandpa was a carpenter and had a workshop in the garage. I went out just to sit in his old stool. Smell the smells, close my eyes and remember him in that context. After awhile I decided to go back inside and as I opened the door I said aloud, "I love you grandpa. Miss you". In that moment I heard him say "Hi sweetheart". The hair on my neck stood up and I swung around to see him but of course, nothing there. I'd love to have that happen again but it never has. That was almost 8 years ago.

Wow! My grandma visited me just after she passed. I never believed in this stuff but I swear it was real. I was crying one morning still in bed but awake missing her and I felt her presence and she put her hand on my forehead. It felt comforting and It still makes me feel choked up like 5 years later...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    No "Ghost Stories", but I believe my Dad's Spirit is with me. He visits me every couple months. Sometimes he comes to me as answers, other times quite physically, as a cool brush passed my ear (when I'm inside, out of any "breeze")
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    bump
  • Kate964
    Kate964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The house i grew up in was built in 1920 by an eccetric, He had a log cabin built in the city of Rochester NY, and often visited Mexico where he brought back many house details and fixtures. He lived an interesting and wild life and filled the house with that energy. He was still alive when we moved in, but the second resident had passed away in the house. He, like the builder and like my dad , was an eccentric. he was a Priest, proffessor and had a BIG personality. He lived in the house for many years with his housekepper and worked next door at the seminary as a teacher to young men wishing to be Priests. He loved the house, and we found out he wanted to stay. At first he was very out "spoken" with the turning on and off of lights, doors opening or closing, cupboards opening and stuff like that. The original builder would visit us once in a while and came to Christmas dinners as he missed the house. My parents understood his love for the house and accepted that, as well as the Priest loved it to, so they accepted him. Soon the scary door and light thing stopped and he settled for "rocking" in his chair upstairs, we would hear the rocking over our heads from the upstairs bedroom, his room, there was no rocking chair there but we heard it, back and forth, back and forth...At times he would pace in his room, we only heard it from the livingroom from the bedroom above. The cellar scared my brother and still does as he expeienced some more direct activity that frightened him. the goast also spooked me one night when i was watching tv. i heard him pacing, the dog was used to it and was next to me, everthing was normal, but then my channel changed, no big deal, i turned it back, again it changed to the other channel, the same one, and for the third and last time i changed it back to my station and again, he changed it to his station. i gave up, yelled at him and left the tv on and went to bed. my mom still lives there but since the kids moved out, he only paces or rocks in his chair once in a while, and even less then that he still slams a door or turns on/off the lights just to say HI i suppose.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Goosebumps all over reading these posts!

My own experience was with my grandma, she died and "visited" me while I was sleeping. I felt this really cold air enveloping me and I was so cold that I my teeth were almost chattering. I woke up and knew it was my grandma hugging me. I looked at my infant son who was sleeping next to me and he was sweating because of the heat. Never happened again.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    bump to read when I have more time.
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When I was about 6, I was sleeping at my nanas house. When I woke up it was still dark and I saw a white figure of a woman standing in the door way then turn and walk thru the wall. I have no idea who it was, but my sister and I were sleeping in my nana's bed that night and she was still there as well.

When I was 13, I went to Buck Hill Inn with my family. When we walked into the broiler room we couldn't get our flashlights working. They were fairly new with brandnew batteries in them. They worked outside then wouldn't work thru that room. As we walked threw the doorway to the next room, they both went on by themselves. Afterwards, I saw a girl wearing a white dress being hung in the window. She was there for a few seconds then disappeared. They shut down the tours for a little while and searched rooms. Scared the crap out of me.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I currently live on an Indian Reservation (teaching here) and there are stories of spirits/ghosts all over the place. There is teacher housing and some houses have stories behind them. The janitors/teachers say if you're alone in the school late at night the lights come on and there are weird sounds...I just tell them as long as the spirits stay out of my house and in the school, we'll get along great!

My college also had some pretty interesting stories. My roommate seemed to see several ghosts.
  • hb817
    hb817 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ahh man i love this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have A LOT of stories myself but heres a recent 1..

My fiance and I just moved a few months ago and the new house seems a lot less 'stressful' then the other place did but I still feel a lot of diff energies...one night after every1 went to bed i kept hearing stuff in the hallway and downstairs but my niece was sleeping on the couch so i thought nothing of it....I was laying down n my sister texts me asking me if i was walking around cuz she kept hearing things too....i ask her to go downstairs n make sure she locked the doors n make sure the dogs were in their kennels since the dogs just got walked i thought maybe they left one of them out or something....she made sure everything was ok downstairs and my niece was sleeping (covered head to toe as usual)....when my sister came back upstairs we both heard something again but this time it wasnt just steps....someone (or something rather) was playing basketball and throwing the ball against the side of the house, then banged on the front door,came in and walked upstairs...while still bouncing the basket ball :indifferent: we were so scared we just stayed in our rooms!!!! the next day i ask my niece what time she went to bed (even tho i knew it wasnt her cuz we dont have a basketball in the house) and she tells me she couldnt sleep cuz she was scared but didnt wanna come upstairs cuz she didnt wanna uncover her face fearing she would see something she didnt wanna see....she also heard everything we were hearing upstairs...the only person that didnt hear anything was my gf cuz she was knocked out but even the dogs were scared!!!

Normally i dont get scared...im pretty used to it but that night it caught me off guard!! I knew it wasnt an actual person coming in the house and walking upstairs cuz my dogs wouldve went CRAZY if someone wouldve walked in my house!!!
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    LOVE this stuff!! Bumping to read later.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I was hesitant to share my stories, but here goes...

I was in 8th grade when my parents decided to move to this farmhouse. Before we moved in, she took me to see the place. As soon as we pulled in to the driveway, I hated the place. I don't know what, but I had a VERY bad feeling. It was one of those in the middle of nowhere, no neighbors, surrounded by corn fields on all 4 sides type of houses. It even had a barn, chicken coop, garage, and grain silo on the property. Of course, none of it had been functional for many years, but it was kinda neat to see!

At the time, 2 guys were still living in the house and were very nice, showing us all the rooms and making us feel comfortable. After the tour, we sat down for something to drink in the living room and the lamp went off. I thought the bulb had blown, but one of the guys just chuckled, reached over, and turned it back on. He said something to the effect of, "oh, it happens all the time. You get used to it."

Well, we eventually moved in and all was well. About 4 months after we moved in, I had this recurring nightmare for exactly 7 days. 14 years later, I still remember it VERY vividly. It went something like this - my parents had left to go out for the evening and left me with my little brother and sister at home. I put the kids to bed, watched a little TV, and then went to bed myself. After I went to bed, someone broke into the house. The front door was directly across from the stairs, so as soon as the man broke in, he ran up the stairs and to my room at the end of the hall. My room had a side door into the bathroom and I escaped the man by running through the bathroom, back down the hall, and down the stairs. For each of the first 6 days, I found different passages out of the house, including an underground tunnel that ran from the house to the old, rundown chicken coop. On the 7th night, I didn't manage to escape. I was convinced something like this had happened in the house and frantically searched through the house for the underground passageways and little hideouts I had managed to find in my dreams. Unfortunately, the house had been remodeled in the 1970s, and I fear that any possible passageways were boarded up. The chicken coop was in such bad shape that it was not safe to walk through, but I desperately wanted to find that tunnel!

After the dreams stopped, the man started coming around. Once you reached the top of the stairs, there was a window the overlooked one of the cornfields. My room was on the opposite end of the hall from the window. Every few nights or so, I would be woken up and suddenly feel compelled to go out into the hallway. Every night this happened, a man wearing a flannel shirt and overalls would be standing at the window, looking out at the cornfields. When I came out, he would look at me and point ot the field. I never understood what he was pointing at because I was TERRIFIED and would end up running back to my room, throwing the covers over my head. This happened all the way until we moved out a few years later.

One night, everyone else in the house was asleep, but I was awake in my room, watching TV. Out of nowhere, I heard someone talking. I was thoroughly freaked out, but I went to investigate. I found my little brother, who was about 3 at the time, sitting in the stairs in the middle of the night, having a full-blown conversation. I freaked and went to wake my parents up. My stepdad came out and said Kenny wasn't on the stairs anymore, so we looked in his room. He wasn't there. We then went downstairs, and there he was, sitting on the couch in the living room in pitch darkness, still carrying on a conversation. I thought he might have been sleepwalking, but he was wide awake and said "HI SISSY" as soon as we got downstairs. We asked who he was talking to, and he said "Old MacDonald" to which I died laughing (I used to read him a book with Old MacDonald in it and he was dressed very similar to my window ghost) until I realized the connection with my man and the book he was referring to. Frequently after that, we would catch him in his room, just jabbering away. Creepy every time.

We had a backdoor in the kitchen that would constantly slam open and shut. I thought it was because of the wind until I realized it was not windy out.

Pots and pans would show up in random places, like in the middle of the stairs, on top of the washer or dryer, on the dining room table, etc. Very random, very bizarre.

One day, I stayed home sick from school and was laying down in my room, watching TV, the only one in the house. Out of nowhere, at 11AM, my mom's alarm clock started BLARING. I went in, turned it off, and went back to my room. As soon as I got comfortable, it started blaring again. Out of curiosity, I checked to see what time she had set the alarm to. It was set for 6AM. I didn't leave my bed for the rest of the day!

I was so happy to move out of that house!!!!!!! Never had any experiences before or since, but all of those are ingrained in my memory!

I LOVE your story! So scary :-//
  • hb817
    hb817 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a ghost hunter, been around the paranormal since day 1 of my life. They've always been attracted to me. I've hunted with some of the best out there, Ghost Adventures (see my profile pics), The Constantinos, talked with Zappis the best out there (Haunted Collector), Chris Flemming, Chip Coffey, and the list goes on and on. I have evps up on sound cloud, tons more to go through, been to some very good haunted places around here. I've taken a year break as I've had some really bad stuff happen, I was supposed to be on a paranormal radio show doing a live hunt (odd I know but at least people could hear it) with a live feed on the internet as well at the Bissman Building (as soon on Ghust Hunters) but I bowed out. I also had the chance to be on TV but bowed out as well. I've been considered a spirit box/shack hack/ghost box expert and a new paranormal show wanted me, but I would be teamed up with other random people in other paranormal specialities and tossed into cases. I hunt alone usually oddly enough unless I'm with someone who is brand spanking new I can train or with those that are like me hunting wise. I bowed out because I wanted to pick my team and they wouldn't let me, plus I've seen too many fakes, I refuse to hunt with fakes. Been there, done that, was not a happy camper. But if you want stories I got tons! I'm even in a paranormal book because of some of the people I know and hunted with. So if you want to hear my evps or stories, let me know. Don't want to bore everyone lol.

I would love to hear ur stories!!!
  • sapph1rre
    sapph1rre Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump to finish later.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    When I moved to America, my mother found a 2 room apartment. I lived in this house for 9 years, and It was extremely paranormal. The story goes, way back when a Mother killed her daughter in the bath tub by cutting her stomach, many people claimed her to be a Witch. I was about 8 years old, and I knew something was very wrong with my place. But nothing, and I mean nothing- got to my Mother. She would literally sit and talk to Ghost, and let them know "I'm not leaving, so either we get along. Or we don't". My mother slept with her boyfriend, my sister & I shared a bed and my brother had his own bed. All in our attic. I had to use the bathroom and awoke from my dreams All of a sudden. I went to the bathroom, too tired to even turn on any lights. I was half asleep on the toilet, after a few minutes I decided to head back to bed. But first, wipe - I reach to my left to grab some tissue and I feel something Wet. My eyes are still close and I'm trying to make out what this could be. I continue to run my hands against this Wet - whatever it was- and then pressed my fingers, It felt like skin. So I opened my eyes are looked over, It was a girl. About my age, standing right NEXT to the toilet - looking right back at me. I got up, and rushed to the Attic within .3946 secounds. I woke up my Mom, in tears "Theres a girl in the bathroom and she looks Hurt!". My mom turned the lights on and my hand was stained with a Dark brown residue... At the time I couldnt make it out... But i believe it was Old blood.

Holy creepy! All these stories are giving me serious goosebumps!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    There's one that keeps eating my lunches at the office. Very spooky.

we have this problem here too... I wonder if it's the same ghost?
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I'm a little on the groggy side so forgive me for my grammatical errors.

First off, I LOVE anything dealing with the paranormal! It has always interested me in a 'omg i love to be scared but this is frickin amazing stuff because it makes you wonder' kind of way..

With that said, I've only had three separate happenings and I guess I'll try to shorten the posts and take it in order of occurrence.

(1) One evening when I was about the age of six, I was sleeping in bed next to my brother and for some reason just couldn't get any shut-eye. Since there weren't any mp3 players at that time, I just stared blankly out into the hallway. The door was open and the fish aquarium light could be seen from my brother's room so it was kind of soothing as it illuminated the dark hallway. For a good long time I watched until I noticed a shadowy figure suddenly poke its head about the threshold of my room. I blinked thinking it was just my imagination, but seconds later, this same shadow figure charged over towards the bed. Instantly I shut my eyes and threw the covers on me but I didn't feel anything happening. About a few minutes later I looked out again and whatever it was had gone. Since that day, I have not slept with the door open. Even now I refuse to keep it open the entire night. Dunno what the hell that way. Some people have said it's a playful shadow spirit..

(2) My grandma passed in 1997. She died in her house after a bout with cancer and after putting up a good fight, she was finally called home. Well since she lived in GA and we are from Alabama, (2 hour drive), we'd have to stay at her house during our visits and the same went for after her death. We were staying there for a few day---y'know, for the funeral and all---and then would leave that following Sunday. Well the night we arrived, her house was empty..which was eerie enough considering this was where she'd always been living. My younger cousin and his parents stop by later on that night and stay for a bit, but eventually it's time for them to go and my parents decide to give them a lift home. Well my little cousin decides to spend the night with me, and so it's just the two of us here while all of the parental units leave. So there we are, watching scary movies and everything when he decides that he has to use the bathroom and thus leaves me to go into the bathroom located in the very room where she passed. Meanwhile I'm sitting there just watching t.v. when all of a sudden the sink faucet from the kitchen, located about a few feet away from the living room, turns on full blast!!! My blood runs cold and my black *kitten* is probably pale as a ghost myself by this point. Very slowly I wander over to it and turn it off. When my cousin comes back, I ask him if that has ever happened to his knowledge. As SOON as he said, 'No' I was under the covers and shivering.

(3) The dorm that I lived in back on the college campus was said to be haunted by the spirit of a young girl who committed suicide shortly after having been denied to join a local sorority chapter. Supposedly there are more ghosts, but this is the only one that people claim to have seen and she only haunts the upper floors of the dorm. So there I was in my friend's room with two of our other buddies and we're waiting on the last person to show so that we can skadoodle. Well, FINALLY he comes a'knockin at the door and so I decide that I am going to hide away so that i could scare him when he walks in. ..So anyways like I said, there's a KNOCK at the door. My friend (room owner) says, 'Come iiiiiin!'. The door handle starts to turn, followed by the door being pushed opened slightly... but that's it. Confused, my friend opens the door to find no one there. We even search the hallway and nearby laundry room, but there was nothing there!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I lived in a renovated 1839 farmhouse (with a two-seater outhouse in the backyard!). We heard boots clomping up the stairs frequently (daytime mostly, but sometimes just before dawn-- never at night, thank God), heard things crash LOUDLY elsewhere in the house when nothing appeared to be broken, and people heard my voice in the house when I wasn't home. Others saw shadows moving, but I never did.

Heard tapping on the window (impossible) just before we moved, which was one of the first times it really scared me. Otherwise, believe it or not, we sort of just got used to it all. You never felt alone there, even when you were, but it wasn't menacing at all. When we moved to a "quiet" house, the comparison was really jarring.