Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ghosts n goblins n spooks n *kitten*. Na. I don't believe in any of it.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    O wait...ghosts? :devil:
    I lurrv me some horror movies & I spook myself all. the. time. :laugh: :laugh:
    It's great fun if you try not to think about it too much :blushing:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Bump....I'll be back. :bigsmile:
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    oh my, I have many encounters. I made a promise never to study or dabble in the paranormal stuff and it all stopped. All I know is. I am glad it stopped, I prayed to any decent God (s) that would help me. Now all I do is read about it, but will never entice it etc. The stories I have are so crazy I really don't feel they are even real...or that is how I like to think
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    My opinion:

They don't exist. Probably why I've never been scared about them or ever witnessed anything. Now ZOMBIES.................that's a different story.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my mother believed our home was haunted. She continually had experiences with ghosts that she saw, felt, heard, etc. She went and looked stuff up about our home, and the people that lived there. And then she developed stories about the ghosts that lived in our home. I have another family member that had these experiences (perhaps there were some drugs involved). When we moved, she then began to believe that my brother had ghosts following him around and influencing his behavior.

They think I am the wrong one for not believing all of that. And at times have been deeply hurt that I didn't believe them. Aaargh!

I grew up with all of that. And no, I do not believe in any of that.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My grandfather died in 1998 in the house my parents live in now. I lived there while pregnant with my son and about a year after he was born before we moved into our own apartment. During Christmas when he was five, we were visiting my mom. The tree was up and decorated and there were gifts around it. My mom was in there looking at the gift with my son while I sat in the other room listening (I don't remember what I was doing).

All of the sudden I heard my son ask "Nona, who is that man?" My mom responded in a calm but kinda spooked voice "What man, baby love?" And he calmly told her "The man standing right there. In the sweatshirt with the pictures on it."

Other than the three of us and my sister in the shower, no man was in the home. After he said that my mom tried to get more info from him but he had turned his attention back to the gifts and all the shiny stuffs.

To this day my mom and I believe my son saw my grandfather in his favorite USC sweatshirt just hanging out there, watching him. My son wasn't afraid or anything. He just said it very matter of fact-ly. But it spooked us big time as he'd never met my grandfather.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You all need medication.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You all need medication.

Not me. My mom needs it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    At my dad's old house, there was a woman in a Civil War era dress who used to pass the doorway of the front bedroom. I never saw her, but my dad did on several occasions. That's all she ever did was walk past that doorway. She never looked at him or anything. Was he just imagining this every single time? I doubt it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    At my dad's old house, there was a woman in a Civil War era dress who used to pass the doorway of the front bedroom. I never saw her, but my dad did on several occasions. That's all she ever did was walk past that doorway. She never looked at him or anything. Was he just imagining this every single time? I doubt it.

My buddies mom thinks there are hamsters alive in their house from one that escaped when we were kids. No one ever saw it except her and only from the corner of her eye.

Damn, I have been wrong all these years.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

My buddies mom thinks there are hamsters alive in their house from one that escaped when we were kids. No one ever saw it except her and only from the corner of her eye.

Damn, I have been wrong all these years.

This wasn't from the corner of his eye, though. The first time, he was sitting in his chair reading, directly across the hall from the doorway. The motion caught his eye, and he looked up and saw her. That's how he could describe what she was wearing. I can't speak for the hamsters, but what, no traps???

hFB4BC251

:flowerforyou:

I wish I could fix that damn typo! I need to find one without typos.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Please point me to the Santa Claus and Easter Bunny threads, you know, 'cause "believers."
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Boo
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I smoked some ganja and mistook my neighbor's cat for the chupacabra
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I smoked some ganja and mistook my neighbor's cat for the chupacabra

We've all done that...
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Ghost Recipe:

1 pinch of optical illusion
    1 dash auditory hallucination
    2 cups of a functioning brain that is able to assign context to patterns recognized from chaos, and/or drawing partial elements from faulty memory
    Season to taste with various emotional states that ascribe even more meaning to the above ingredients.

Stir together, let simmer slowly over years. For best results, hand mixture down to succeeding generations and let them add what they will.

Serves a whole Internet.

(And its low carb!)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Ghost Recipe:

2 cups of a functioning brain that is able to assign context to patterns recognized from chaos, and/or drawing partial elements from faulty memory
    Season to taste with various emotional states that ascribe even more meaning to the above ingredients.

Stir together, let simmer slowly over years. For best results, hand mixture down to succeeding generations and let them add what they will.

Serves a whole Internet.

(And its low carb!)

Says George Bailey's GHOST! Mmhmmmmm. I see what you're trying to do, mister! :wink:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Ghost Recipe:

Serves a whole Internet.

(And its low carb!)

Says George Bailey's GHOST! Mmhmmmmm. I see what you're trying to do, mister! :wink:

hD0CC9355
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Three little MFP ghostesses
    Sitting in yoga posesses
    Eating vegan soy buttered, gluten-free toastesses
    Low-fat greasing their fistesses
    Up to their Fitbit-wearing wristesses
    Oh, what beastesses to make such feastesses,
    but within reasonable deficitesses, and fitting within their macrosesses.