Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have had a few different experiences too.

The first was driving home after a birthday party in my sister's boyfriend's car. He had a shift the next morning so offered to take me and my grandmother home. As we came to the hill in the municipality my cousins' live in we were surrounded by blue light. Time seemed to stall - and it was like we were lifted to the top of the hill, almost like riding a gondola. I knew that something had happened but noone really said anything. When my parents came home hours later they were complaining that they had to take the long way because the police had closed the hill pass because someone had spun out and rolled down the hill. In the news the next morning the accident that happened was only 1 minute after we were lifted to the top of that same hill. My sister's boyfriend at the time believed in paranormal activity - and he mentioned to me that he thinks we were being carried over the sight of the accident as it happened below us.

When my husband and I were first living together in our apartment I woke up one night to find an older gentleman standing at the foot of our bed. I pinched my eyes shut as tight as I could and went back to sleep. A few nights later I got up to get some water, and could see our cat stretching her head up while laying on the back of the chair, happily purring. The same gentleman I saw in our bedroom was petting her. I remember he had a pipe and was wearing a blazer with yellow leather patches on the elbows. I decided that because my cat was not upset by his presence that I had no reason to be either.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying the stories on here very much, and will be back to add a few of my own. I have also been able to hear the voices of spirits and have seen shadows since I was very young. I've been touched several times.

Thank you for having this thread! :)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Do ghost poopies count as happenings?? Haaah...

The door closes by itself.... I got scared, called my sister.. only I knew she was working and knew I'd have to leave her a voicemail... So I left her the voicemail.. Told her of the door closing.. Told her I was scared.. and i thought Dad was trying to tell me something.. He acutally was telling me something. He was telling me, you better call your sister because somethings wrong right now... At that very same time, my sister had some serious things go down at the prison where she works.. She was envolved with a dangerous incident with inmates while on duty, right at the very same minute that the door shut at my house.

I used to have this really pretty cut crystal. I made a special beaded string that was attached to that crystal... I hung it from the ceiling fan above my bed. When the fan was on it did slightly swing that beaded crystal back and forth.... One night I woke up & I looked up, and it was swinging back and forth by itself... The fan was not on, no breeze in my room.. Nothing to make it swing... I did get a video of it. Poor quality on my old crappy phone.

Also last Saturday, I did the once per year Triple x Faternity Turkey Bingo night. I kinda felt like my Dad was there. I used to play bingo with him, when we went to these picnics.. And I had one numer left.. O-74.. So I was like, 74, humm the age my father died.. And I thought of him, and felt like he was there at that moment with me.. Guess what # they called next??? O-74... Then I won the bingo game, and won $35.00 cash and a Turkey... It was kind of a twighlight zone moment. Heeee. I'm not complaining.

Also, my grandpa (Dads, Dad) right after he passed away, I saw him one night, just standing at my bedroom door, just looking in for a minute, and then he stepped back, and was gone down the hall.. Seemed like maybe he was just checking in before his final destination.

Also feel like my cat child Sophie, that she saw things all the time in the living room at my mothers house. She would watch something there go back and forth.. There was nothing there. Nothing at all. Not even a fly... I know our pets can see things that we can't see.. And can tell if theres something going on, that we don't know of.
  • amberdragonfire
    Options
    What you are seeing out of the corner of your eye could also be your spirit guide/animal totem. It doesnt necessarily have to be a ghost. We all have animal totems that guide us through different stages of our lives, appearing when you need their magick most. That quick flash is a signal they are walking beside you, ready to assist if you need them. It can be of great comfort to know you are not facing all your issues alone.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    lol... bored at work and the threads all keep dying. :tongue:

1264180844_ghost-cat.gif
  • NoMoreFlubbering
    NoMoreFlubbering Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump... bumpity bump bump... look at Casper go....
  • smantha32
    Options
    Casper would be an awesome name for a cat.

Booooooooo!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    lol... bored at work and the threads all keep dying. :tongue:

1264180844_ghost-cat.gif

LMFAO
  • halfretird
    halfretird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We've had lots of different things happen unexplainable most people dont believe us. Its nice to hear others experience it also. From shadows to electronics that does what it wants especially when you take it somewhere else it doesnt mess up. We've also had appliances start and cut off on its own. Toys go off that wont come back on when you actually play with it. Bathroom fans that come on that we have never used. Doors slamming. It has followed us every where we've moved. We've moved three times this last time we built a new home. I told my husband to keep all windows and doors shut hopefully it wouldnt come in but did. Lol ... my cell phone texts to me. It only happens at home downstairs. Last night a friend saw it and she wanted to jump up and leave
    Luckly ours isnt harmful.
  • smantha32
    Options
    Woooooo... bump.. ;)

tumblr_matr11LFJY1rb27vgo1_500.gif
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    My home is 167 years old. It's a beautiful old home, that is FULL of spirits or something. My husband, who doesn't even believe in spirits, can't deny the things that go on. Just last night a spoon flew from a bowl on the table to where he was sitting at the computer. Crazy things happen here. Never anything mean, just more playful, and sometimes annoying. Especially when I am home alone.
  • smantha32
    Options
    more stories!! bumpity!

HauntedHouseGhostsFloating-1.gif
  • smantha32
    Options
    bumps!
  • afassett
    Options
    bump
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    How about this one...

3:36AM. House Hunters starts starts blasting through my speakers in the living room. Not all that unusual, I muttered %&$^ cats figuring one of them stepped on the remote. I get in the living room and find the remote is up on the mantle in its basket. No way a cat could get there to step on it. So I turn my attention to the receiver. At this point, it is worth noting the remote for the stereo receiver is still at my parent's house. No way it could work from 20 miles away.

So, I look at the DTV box, and it is NOT on. Not even the orange light indicating the DVR is recording a show. House Hunters is on our record list, BUT again, the orange light indicating the DVR is recording is not on. Out of curiosity, I flip the TV on to see if a video signal is being sent. Nope, no video to the TV.

I had to turn the DTV box ON and then back off to get the audio to quit. No IDEA how it randomly decided to suddenly send audio to the receiver nor turn the stereo on. Keep in mind, my stereo is nearly 20 years old, so it's not a "smart" device the DTV box can control.

JM
  • smantha32
    Options
    How about this one...

3:36AM. House Hunters starts starts blasting through my speakers in the living room. Not all that unusual, I muttered %&$^ cats figuring one of them stepped on the remote. I get in the living room and find the remote is up on the mantle in its basket. No way a cat could get there to step on it. So I turn my attention to the receiver. At this point, it is worth noting the remote for the stereo receiver is still at my parent's house. No way it could work from 20 miles away.

So, I look at the DTV box, and it is NOT on. Not even the orange light indicating the DVR is recording a show. House Hunters is on our record list, BUT again, the orange light indicating the DVR is recording is not on. Out of curiosity, I flip the TV on to see if a video signal is being sent. Nope, no video to the TV.

I had to turn the DTV box ON and then back off to get the audio to quit. No IDEA how it randomly decided to suddenly send audio to the receiver nor turn the stereo on. Keep in mind, my stereo is nearly 20 years old, so it's not a "smart" device the DTV box can control.

JM

Very cool one!
    That noise in the middle of the night would scare me way more than actually seeing the ghost.
  • kjbbdoll
    Options
    I have many, many things happen to me since I was a little girl but the creepest happenings have been regarding my 3yr old son in the past two years since we moved into our newly built home.

My son has SPD and still needs to be rocked to sleep. So, in the evenings I rock him in the dark family room in the chair that faces windows but you can also see down the hallway by looking to the left while rocking. Last year while we were rocking PJ was looking down the dark hallway and asked me "who that gurl Mommy? Emma? (my 12yr old daughter). No one was there. Every single one of my four other children were snug in their beds.

Just recently my son was playing in his bedroom with the door shut. 1. my son RARELY plays in his room alone. He always wants his daddy or I in there playing with him or one of his sisters. 2. I tried to open his door to check on him and he would not let me open the door more then a few inches. I peaked in as much as I could to make sure that PJ wasn't doing something that he shouldn't (aka writing on the walls with sharpie marker) and saw nothing out of the ordinary so I went back to the family room to watch tv in the recliner. A few minutes later PJ comes out and asks me "Mommy, what that dead boy's name?" I kinda ignored him thinking that he was playing a game and again he asked me "mommy, what that dead boy's name in my room?" I asked all kinds of questions like where he was, if he was big like daddy or small like him, what he was wearing etc. I asked if he talked to the dead boy and he said that the dead boy couldn't hear him and he had to go home. That he went up to the ceiling. What makes this especially creepy is that my oldest sons best friend died 5yrs ago at age 12 and we have felt his presence many times (too long to type out) I think that it was him visiting. We are very close to his family and he practically lived with us but PJ never got to meet him.

My other children have had contact from spirits several times since moving here too so I know it is not just me and my DH's minds playing with us. Usually I am not scared, just creeped out a bit. Especially when things happen very close by me-LOL My oldest daughter saw a man hunched over with his finger to his mouth as in to telling her shhhhhh in the corner of her bedroom and my 8yr old daughter woke up petrified in the middle of the night because someone sat on the side of her bed and was watching her sleep.
    I truely believe that some people are just more sensitive to spirits/ghosts then others.
  • smantha32
    Options
    It's Saturday and I'm stuck at work, and I'm bored. People need to tell me some more ghost stories. :bigsmile:

so...bumpity.
  • Perfectly_Unperfect
    Options
    I have witnessed a possessed person and that was scary when I was young. A girl next door (our neighbor and family) got very sick and depressed. She was a sweet grl and very soft spoken. She started seeing visions of things and even claimed she saw Mary, the mother of Jesus. She wanted to be a nun as well...but anyways one day my grandma and her mother decided they take her to a priest(excorcist I guess) since she was having a lot of spiritual and physical problems so my grandma brings her to my room and she gave her my bed and the priest came started praying..me and my friend where outside listening to what was going on and the grls voice changed. The soft spoken girl was having this deep scary voice and the priest (Orthodox Christian) was praying and asking the demon(s) inside of her questions like how they got in there and to let her go....it went on for hours but the "voice" from the grl where like noo we won't let her go until we kill her..she's ours. The priest kept on ordering at sometime the priest called us kids and told us to pray the Lords prayer....we were inside praying and were like freaked out at the reaction of the grl, just like the movie the excorcist, except she didn't turn her head like that lol...just the screaming and ppl were holding her down. Anyways I think the priest gave up after long hours and went home...she went home still the same. The mother was told to take her to a church (where it is known that ppl possessed get delivered in a regular Sunday service) but it was a non orthodox church so the mother refused (no she didn't want her family and neighbors to think she became Protestant...it was a big deal where I was from) anyways three years later..the poor grl passed away. That was over 10 yrs ago But the memory stuck with me for the longest...
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    We have a spirit that lives here at my house. This was my grandparents house so I've known about her for about 28 years now. (I was 12 the first time I saw her) She hides things, especially shoes. No joking, I had a cute pair of sandals that I didn't get to wear this past summer because they were no where to be found. Thanksgiving morning, what do I find just barely sticking out from under the bed? My sandals! I must have looked 100 times under my bed for those shoes. She doesn't scare me at all but I wish she'd leave my shoes alone.