Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• habapu
    habapu Posts: 25
    Options
    :love:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I have something that follows me around. It hides things, messes with people who live with me, interfere with my life.

I have one of those too, but I just call it my 5 year old

LOL!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of posts that I made when I joined a Paranormal forum once. I've long been interested in the Paranormal and had a few strange experiences. I did once start to develop my mediumship after the president of a spiritualist church suggested it but on the awareness and development course things got pretty scary and freaky so I stopped! I stick to Tarot reading now lol.

So I moved into this flat with my little boy when he was around 10 month old, after parting from his dad. It was a two story apartment over two shops. Originally it had been one huge shop with two story living space above that had been seperated in to three different stores with a small flat over one and mine over the other two.

The first thing that happened was on returning home from work one night I went around to the back of the store to the outside steps which led up to my door and one of my son's toys was laid there on the third step down from the top. I thought it was strange but assumed maybe my son had brought it out with him when I was carrying him down that morning and he had dropped it and I just hadn't noticed he was carrying it.

This happened again with exactly the same toy around a week later. Only this time it was as I left for work and on leaving the flat I noticed the toy on the step. My little boy had stayed at his dads the previous night so the only thing I could assume was that he had dropped it on his way out when his dad collected him. But this then happened on a few more occasions when he couldn't have possibly dropped it.

A while after this I got up one morning and walked out of my bedroom door and looked along the hallway towards the living room (my bedroom was on the first floor with two more bedrooms on the top floor). The room door was ajar and I thought I saw something move past it. The hallway light was on but not the living room light. I couldn't make out any shape but from the bit I saw I would say your average human height as it wasn't higher than the door, but wasn't lower than the door handle. It was a white / grey colour and although I was a bit startled I didn't have any bad feelings so I walked over, pushed the door open and turned on the light and the light bulb exploded! It didn't just pop out like the bulb had gone, it exploded and showered glass all over the floor (luckily wood flooring so easy to clean). I almost jumped through the roof! So I thought that was very strange but I didn't have any concrete proof that it was anything Paranormal so I let it go.

A couple of days later I was washing up in the kitchen and was thinking about what had happened with the light bulb and about how strange it had been and I heard a smash. I walked out to the hallway to discover that the bulb in the hallway had exploded too. I wasn't there to see it happen but it was during the day when the lights were off. I thought it bizarre but in the back of my mind thought it could have been dodgy electrics. I was a little concerned that something like this might happen when my son was around and he could get hurt but then it occurred to me that both occassions had been when he was out with his dad.

The third thing and the one that freaked me out lol, also happened when my son was out. I had been in the living room and walked to the bathroom. The bathroom was on the same floor. In the hallway there was space under the steps which went up to the third floor. Under there I kept a shoe rack. I never noticed the shoe rack as I walked along to the bathroom but there wasn't anything strange about it so why would I?

I was in the flat on my own with the door locked. I never heard anything the whole time I was in the bathroom but when I came out of the bathroom I stopped in my tracks. Right in the middle of the hallways all the shoes that had been on the shoesrack were piled up in a neat little pile in the middle of the hallway. The shoe rack was still standing but every shoe was off it and in the middle of the hallway. I racked my brain thinking of what could have happen but could not think of an explanation, and still can't! I wondered if there had even been a mini earthquake or something! But I didn't feel anything and earthquakes are that are rare here even a small one would make the news and it didn't. Also, with how the shoes were piled up it just wouldn't have been possible that they could have landed like that and certainly not with the stand still standing upright.

I ended up moving out of there after about a year but never felt uneasy there, despite being there on my own with a baby. There were many other little things that happened like TV's turning themselves off, a feeling of pressure on the bed at night like someone was sitting on it, hearing bangs and thinking I saw something out of the corner of my eye but all were things that could be easily explained away as something else. But with regards to the above I was absolutely baffled and without a better explanation would but it down to maybe there was something Paranormal going on there.

I'd love to hear some people's thoughts on this, even though it was a few years back it still puzzles me to this day!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    very interesting. the only time ive ever seen an light bulb explode was when it was on for a while and my daughter decided to drop some water on it, glass everywhere. but if your lights were on the ceiling pretty hard to get water on.
  • witchy_wife
    Options
    very interesting. the only time ive ever seen an light bulb explode was when it was on for a while and my daughter decided to drop some water on it, glass everywhere. but if your lights were on the ceiling pretty hard to get water on.

Yep. I've had bulbs pop out but they don't explode but it happened twice, the second just as I was thinking how weird the first one was lol. I tried to convince myself it was faulty electrics as I lived their on my own by my baby (who is now 6 and a half yrs!) but with all the other stuff going on I just think maybe it was something more.

If there are any phychics or mediums (or anyone just interested) on who would like to look at the property online just message me and I can give you the address and you can see it on Google street view. I've looked at it myself and nothing looks strange though.
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    I've got goosebumps from reading these!

In our old house we had a few odd things happen, like the night we brought our new born son home my husband & I were sitting downstairs cuddling him and I said it's a shame that my grandfather didn't get to meet him as he loved kids - the next thing we know my sons mobile above his cot started playing on it's own - it's a wind up one and it played the whole way through! spooky. This happened again when I was in hospital & my husband was looking after my son and he was worried about me, he heard the door shut upstairs & when he went to investigate he got to the door & my sons mobile started playing again. My husband said he slept on the sofa with my son that night as he was too scared to go to bed.
    Also my daughter saw a man at the bottom of our bed and followed him into our sons room when the door shut in her face and no-one was in the room when we opened it. We moved not long after that & nothing has happened since. We did talk to some neighbours about our spooky happenings & they said they had a man walk through their bedroom a few times & that he'd even sat on their sons bed while he was sleeping (the son woke up as the man was leaning over his chest! OMG) - so maybe the whole site the houses were built on were haunted? very odd indeed.
  • witchy_wife
    Options

In our old house we had a few odd things happen, like the night we brought our new born son home my husband & I were sitting downstairs cuddling him and I said it's a shame that my grandfather didn't get to meet him as he loved kids - the next thing we know my sons mobile above his cot started playing on it's own - it's a wind up one and it played the whole way through! spooky. This happened again when I was in hospital & my husband was looking after my son and he was worried about me, he heard the door shut upstairs & when he went to investigate he got to the door & my sons mobile started playing again. My husband said he slept on the sofa with my son that night as he was too scared to go to bed.
    Also my daughter saw a man at the bottom of our bed and followed him into our sons room when the door shut in her face and no-one was in the room when we opened it. We moved not long after that & nothing has happened since. We did talk to some neighbours about our spooky happenings & they said they had a man walk through their bedroom a few times & that he'd even sat on their sons bed while he was sleeping (the son woke up as the man was leaning over his chest! OMG) - so maybe the whole site the houses were built on were haunted? very odd indeed.

OMG, was your son in the room when the door closed in your daughters face? I don't know if I would have been brave enough to stay after that!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    ive never had any experiences, but occasionaly i will will be thinking about somthing and it will happen the next day. for example on my drive to work there is an overpass that crosses over the top of a travel trailor sales lot, full of trailors. one day i was wondering if anyone had ever driven off the road and landed in the parking lot.....it happend the next day :S
  • Tebbspcad
    Options

OMG, was your son in the room when the door closed in your daughters face? I don't know if I would have been brave enough to stay after that!

No he was downstairs, he did say he always felt a bit odd when he was upstairs on his own like he was being watched all the time. Nothing untowards ever happened but it still freaked us out!
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have a strange predicament . . .
    I am an extremely heavy sleeper and have been so since I was a baby. Sometimes people try to wake me up, but no matter what, even if you were to lift and drop me off my bed I don't wake up. Sometimes I have woken up with my cell phone right next to my ear with 30 missed calls, sometimes people have been banging on my door and been ringing my house bell for hours . . . People have also tried nudging me out of sleep but I don't get up unless I have completed my sleep!
    Sometimes I have slept through 14-15 hours without realizing anything!

My heavy and deep sleep is sometimes accompanied by the most vivid and fascinating dreams, which seem extremely realistic. . .they are almost like watching a full length movie, they even have songs within them and all the people and animals I meet have their unique personalities and feelings! At times I also have horrible nightmares. . .and have at times woken up unable to move and paralyzed, so scared that I wasn't able to speak even.

I told my grandfather once about my strange sleep patterns and he told me that I was probably having astral projections . . .That when I slept my soul left my body and wandered the expanse of earth and it's different dimensions . . . and that my soul probably wandered too far away and that my body hangs in the realms of life and death every time I sleep. He warned that if I was forced awake while I was in my deep sleep my soul might not have enough time to return to my body and . . . I might die:embarassed:

It all kinda sounds scary, maybe he was just kidding me. . . but my deep slumber has it's advantages. . . My sleep is never disrupted by people switching lights on/off, any neighborhood :flowerforyou: noises or any other disturbances. I always have a deep and satisfying sleep and wake up refreshed. . .I have started maintaining a dream diary where i write down my colourful dreams! Sometimes I am disappointed when I forget my dreams
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I once had a very vivid dream where I encountered two dead relatives that were furiously angry at something, but I didn't know what. When I woke up, I got a call that a third relative had died overnight in a car accident(at age 25). I then knew why the other two were angry.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Dunnow how to explain this one.
    Back in 1995, I was serving in Bosnia and three of us were walking a forest line.
    In this particular one, imagine a clearing, probably 400 by 500 yards and surrounded by trees.
    We were walking about 10 feet inside of the tree line and, after we walked the entire perimiter, we decided to cut across the clearing.
    I was almost to the edge of the treeline when I heard a voice, clear as a bell, shout "STOP!".
    I jumped back into the treeline, weapon at the shoulder and took a knee.
    The three with me also took up defense positions.
    After a few seconds, I asked "What happened?"
    One of he other guys said "hell if I know. You jumped back so we did too".
    After calming down, I asked who told me to stop.
    Nobody claimed responsibility.
    I am telling you, it was as clear as if someone was right next to me.
    four days later, the EOD team came out and found land mines in that clearing.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital. I'm a nurse.
    The ghosts love it in there. I had a particularly scary night shift one night when the buzzer went off in one of our side rooms. Normal right? Except the person in it had been discharged it was empty. I went in anyway and the light was on. Now I was starting to get freaked out. I'd walked past that room not half an hour before and the light had been off.
    I walked in the room and obviously no one was in it. I turned the buzzer off and turned to walk out the door only to see this shape leaving the room before me. :noway: :noway:
    I told the girls I was on with and they freaked out.
    Needless to say we had a very jumpy shift the rest of the night lol
    xx
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later! Love this!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Back in 1995, I was serving in Bosnia and three of us were walking a forest line.
    In this particular one, imagine a clearing, probably 400 by 500 yards and surrounded by trees.
    We were walking about 10 feet inside of the tree line and, after we walked the entire perimiter, we decided to cut across the clearing.
    I was almost to the edge of the treeline when I heard a voice, clear as a bell, shout "STOP!".

wow, amazing!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I had an aunt who had physical disabilties, every weekend I would go clean her house, do her shopping, etc. One weekend I show up, only to be the one who 'found' her. Coroner thought she had passed away 2-3 days earlier. Anyway, my mom, aunt, and I were going through all her stuff looking for her insurance policy information. We finally called it quits and decided to come back the next day. I got there earlier than they did. I sat in her chair, just because I wanted to feel close to her. When I looked at the table, there was insurance policy info, laid nicely on the table, right in front of her usual spot. When my mom and aunt arrived, I asked them to look at the info and tell me if that's what they were looking for. They both said 'yes, where did you find it?". I just pointed and told them 'Right THERE, in her spot on the table'
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options

This was your guardian angel speaking to you.
  • klawwill77
    klawwill77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump for later