Ghosts/spirits/unexplainable happenings??

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I have tons.. more than i can probably count.. let's see...

a couple years ago I felt someone touching my head when I was on the computer. It lasted about 3 months and then never happened again.

I've heard something call my name more than once when I'm alone in the house.

in 2006 i was working an IT job configuring wireless access points for the Hearst Euless Bedford school system and I asked to work a holiday weekend when one of their admin buildings would be empty because i wanted extra hours. So I'm sitting in this room working on machines and I see a middle aged woman walk by the door, out of the corner of my eye. I go look outside the room. Empty hallway. She couldn't have gotten anywhere that fast. And there was no sound. No footsteps nothing.

a friend of mine lives in a large house built at the turn of the 1900's. She has extra rooms so she keeps a Christmas tree set up in one of them all year round decorated with vintage Christmas ornaments. She's eccentric. :)
    In that room with the tree I saw a little girl and an old man dressed in 1900's clothes. The girl was blonde with a pink dress, long straight hair, bow in her hair, she looked like she was about 12, and he looked like he was over 60. They were there a few times together. My friend sees them all the time.

another friend swore he had two ghost cats in his apartment. They would walk on him in the middle of the might and try to settle in with him. He was scared sh*tless and started sleeping on the couch in the living room. He wanted me to come stay in the room so I could see too, but he couldn't tell me when they showed up. What days, what time, etc. He was too scared to sleep in there anymore (poor kitties!), and I didn't want to spend two weeks sleeping in his apartment till they showed up. lol

I sleep with a fan blowing on my face. One night while lying with my eyes closed, I felt something move in front of the fan. I even felt the stream of air move around whatever it was. I thought a cat walked up between the fan and myself. When I opened my eyes nothing was there. And the air was still being blocked. Gradually whatever it was moved away and I could feel the air again.

After my grandfather died I always felt like someone was down in the basement of my grandparents house, watching us when we were down there. After grandma died I didn't feel anything at all down there anymore.

I get orbs and spirits on at least one photo anywhere I shoot photos.

I did estate sales a few years ago, and I saw spirits in many of the homes we worked in. One house was really active, the wife died and the husband was downsizing. I saw her in a back bedroom, and you could feel moving cold spots in the house. early in the morning before the whole crew arrived she'd bang loudly on the outside of the house!

One house i worked on alone one week while the crew worked setting up a different one, I kept hearing a woman moan in the master bedroom. It was really really hard not to just run for the hills! I needed the hours though. lol

I had a woman whisper my name in my ear on an airplane. It was a small one with two rows on each side. I had my eyes closed, trying to get comfortable in the cr@ppy airplane seat. My friend was seated across the aisle from me and not beside me, so when my name was whispered I opened my eyes thinking she needed something and she was asleep. No flight attendant anywhere near.

These are just the ones off the top of my head. I can probably think of a lot more. :smile:
  • paulajune87
    paulajune87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I came here because reading/talking about ghosts/spirits and other unexplained *kitten* really gets my attention and keeps me entertained. Never personally seen anything but love hearing from those who have; however, I think I'm going to do myself a favor and come back and read these later. When I'm not alone and it isn't 1:30 in the morning. ;)
  • smantha32
    Options
    bump!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    For our honeymoon, my wife and I stayed at a bed & breakfast in northeast Tennessee. It's in a secluded location overlooking the Great Smoky Mountain National Park... very beautiful and scenic.... but very dark and kinda' creepy at night.

It's a three story house with 10 guest bedrooms, but for the weekend that we were there, my wife and I were the only ones in the entire house. One or two workers were there during the day, but in the evenings they left for the night. Our room was on the second floor. On the third floor, there was a billiard room with, of course, a pool table, large screen TV, dart boards and various board and card games.

One night after we had turned in for the evening, we were lying in bed talking when we heard what sounded like a chair... or some other piece of furntiure... being drug across the floor above us on the third floor. My wife looked at me and asked me what that was, to which I replied I don't know and I don't want to know. I don't know if either of us got any sleep that night!

The next day the owner was there for a bit and we mentioned to him what we thought we had heard the night before, at which point he informed us that there had been numerous tales of people hearing unexplained things there before.

While the scenery was beautiful and the breakfasts' were exquisite, I think I'd have to make sure that there were going to be other guests there if we ever decided to go back!
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Okay, so I am sure this will sound silly, but a few years ago my cat Milo passed away. He was the first pet I had as an adult. He had been ill, but seemed fine that day when I left to go to work. When I came home that night, I found him lying in the bedroom door where he would often sleep. Needless to say, I was quite upset.

The next night as I was sleeping, I felt a cat walking up the bed towards me. I half-awoke and out of habit, reached back to pet Milo. This is something we'd done for years. He would walk up the bed and then curl up and sleep next to me and I would reach back and pet him. But this time, there was nothing there. I sat up in bed and then remembered that he was gone. I think he was coming by to let me know he was okay.

A few times since, when I was feeling low, I have had the same thing happen at night. I think he pops by to cheer me up and in his way say "hi."
  • smantha32
    Options
    Okay, so I am sure this will sound silly, but a few years ago my cat Milo passed away. He was the first pet I had as an adult. He had been ill, but seemed fine that day when I left to go to work. When I came home that night, I found him lying in the bedroom door where he would often sleep. Needless to say, I was quite upset.

The next night as I was sleeping, I felt a cat walking up the bed towards me. I half-awoke and out of habit, reached back to pet Milo. This is something we'd done for years. He would walk up the bed and then curl up and sleep next to me and I would reach back and pet him. But this time, there was nothing there. I sat up in bed and then remembered that he was gone. I think he was coming by to let me know he was okay.

A few times since, when I was feeling low, I have had the same thing happen at night. I think he pops by to cheer me up and in his way say "hi."

I wish my kitties would come visit me after.
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    After i left for boot camp my family moved into another house. My sister always told me about a young boy in the house she would see all the time and would mess with her while she was asleep. Only her though, noone else. One morning my mom woke up real early like 5am before anyone was up and she ate some yogurt and went back to bed. She left the container on the counter. A few hours later when we all got up the yogurt top was on my sister's head. Ya the ghost was always messing with her.

In that same house one year on Christmas Eve my Aunt and Uncle were up doing a puzzle after all of us had gone to bed. They were playing the cd player real low because everyone was sleeping and it was a classic rock cd. They shut everything down and went to bed. At 4am Christmas morning the cd player turned on by itself and it was a Christmas CD full blast singing "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas". My Aunt never changed the CD and never touched the volume before going to bed. Pretty creepy, but I guess they wanted us to have a nice Christmas.

Any time i came home to visit my family in that house I always saw people out of the corner of my eye and one time was asking it a question thinking it was my husband and when i turned around noone was there. Just an eerie feeling all the time.
  • smantha32
    Options
    bump in the night
  • danc3oflife
    Options
    Bump
  • smantha32
    Options
    come on, more stories! :drinker:
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have had my fair share of paranormal and just plain strange things happen in my life.

The night my nan passes away, all us kids were sitting in the bedroom on the 2nd story with her saying our final goodbyes and I looked outside and saw a transparent figure standing on the footpath outside. It looked in my direction and then walked towards the house. About 15 minutes later, we were waiting in the hallway when my dad came out and had told us my nan had passed. He and my aunts were saying how strange it was that they could smell my pops Pipe tobacco as she passed.

On the strange side of things, I suffer from night-terrors and frequent sleep paralysic but on two occasions I have had very scary things happen.
    #1, I was asleep at my parents home and I was having a dream that I was being watched by something, I then woke up and had my head slammed into the wall next to my bed, cracking the wall and waking my sister.
    #2, I was asleep in my current apartment and I felt this burning sensation after a freaking scary night terror and I awoke my partner to check out my back where it was hurting and there were letters scratch onto my back and on my knee "God" was scratched onto it.

Other strange stuff happens like taps turning on and off in front of you, noises, you name it. Ever since we were kids my borther and sister and I have had really odd things happen to us.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is the story of the very first paranormal thing that happened to me and it really freaked me out... (some people think I'm crazy when I tell this story but every word is true I swear!)

It happened about 18 years ago when my family and other relatives were traveling on vacation. We stopped at a motel on I-75 at the Merchants Rd exit in Knoxville TN. It was just an inexpensive, next-to-the-highway place to get a few hours of shut-eye. We checked in around 3 a.m. My husband, daughter, and niece and I in one room, while my brother-in-law and his family had the room next to us.

I woke up around 8 a.m. and everyone was still asleep so I decided to get up and shower before the others. I worked quietly in the semi-darkened room, getting all my toiletries, makeup and bangles out of my travel bag and placing them on the counter by the sink so they would be handy when I got out of the shower. After my shower, my deodorant was not with my other items, even though I knew I got it out of the bag. At this point I began retracing my steps to find it.

Now anyone who has ever been in a motel room knows there is not much to them. Everything is within a few steps. Our bed is next to the bathroom. The travel bag is on the foot of the bed. The sink and counter are 3 feet from the foot of the bed. And the stool and shower are together in a room off the sink area. There is a doorway between the sink area and the stool & tub area. The reason I am telling you this is so you realize the small space I am working in....

When I see that my deodorant is missing I went back into the bathroom to see if I took it in there. I didn't. Then I went to the travel bag on the bed. Not there either. Then back to the sink. Not there. Back to the bathroom, again to the travel bag, and again to the sink. I must have repeated this routine at least 4 times, and the whole time I am growing very angry and frustrated because I knew I had gotten it out of the bag. Finally, I was so worked up I woke my husband up and said, "Did you take my deodorant?!" (isn't that stupid! I knew it was stupid! He was asleep for Christsakes!) He, of course said no, and I said "well I give up, I'm going to have to use yours", which I did. The second I was done putting on his deodorant I turned around, and there, SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE THRESHOLD OF THE DOORWAY TO THE BATHROOM THAT I HAD CROSSED THRU AT LEAST EIGHT TIMES!!!! was my deodorant. I immediately felt like the butt of somebody's joke and I said to my husband, "Somebody's playing tricks on me!". I no sooner got those words out of my mouth when my watch - which was sitting on the counter at the sink - had the crystal just pop off of it and spin like a nickel on the counter. No on was near it. Nothing was touching it. It had never been loose or popped off before, and it never popped off after that.

As for the deodorant in the threshold - even if i could explain away how it got there, how did I not kick it, or at least knock it over in all the times I went thru that doorway! It couldn't have! It was sitting there upright, smack-dab in the middle of that threshold like it had been intentionally placed there!

To this day, this incident still bothers me alot. It's one thing to say you believe in these things, but it's another to have first hand experience that is absolutely unexplainable to even the most logical-explanation-seeking people (one of which I considered myself to be).

And the first thing I am going to ask St. Peter when I get to The Pearly Gates is, "And where was it when I couldn't see it!"
  • smantha32
    Options
    bump.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    one evening i was just floating around in a lake with my wife when....

i will never float in a lake again lol

8foGT.gif
  • smantha32
    Options
    tumblr_mbqtdkE9eK1rn19nco1_500.gif

tumblr_mc991yNJvs1r3tl2zo1_500.gif

tumblr_m2c4xqghyp1rtb8qgo1_500.gif
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    A few years ago my great Aunt, who was more like a grandmother to me, fell ill and was in the hospital. My mom and I were in the emergency room with my Great Aunt. She was lying on the bed, lightly sleeping, and my mom was in the chair. I was standing by the bed, holding her hand and looking at her dear face. I turned towards the opening in the curtain, and a vision of my long dead Great Uncle, My great Aunt's husband, appeared before me. The scent of cigar filled my nose, he always smelled of cigars, and a peaceful feeling came over me. I looked at my mom and said, "You need to make your peace with Francis, Uncle Mike is here for her." I turned back to Frances and whispered in her ear that I loved her so very much and that she was the most wonderful Aunt I could have ever asked for. My mom refused to believe me. The next day she passed.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have something that follows me around. It hides things, messes with people who live with me, interfere with my life.

I have one of those too, but I just call it my 5 year old
  • jigglewiggles
    Options

I also think that I am just ever so slightly clairvoyant. Not enough to be useful, but just enough to make me believe. For instance, I will think about someone that I haven't seen or spoken to in ages and all of a sudden I will see them out and about, or they will call me or email me, etc. Also, lately, I will have thoughts (that I don't say out loud) and then people will actually say them (like they read my mind) or my thoughts will come true (like premonitions). I wish I could use this ability to pick winning lottery numbers, but alas, I cannot. LOL

This happens to me too. I will think about someone randomly, even sometimes think about the situation for which I will see this person, and then I'll see them shortly after, same situation and all. For instance, I was thinking about my kids father one day, hadn't seen him in 12 years, I was riding in the car on my way home and I thought "how funny would it be for me to see him and his new child walking down the street", (I remember a friend of mine had said they'd seen him walking a few years prior to this, and it just kind of crossed my mind while we were driving through that neighborhood). And low and behold, their he was walking with his son down the street, literally like 1 minute after I had that thought. It's kind of hard to explain, but I get feelings about stuff. Like, I'll hear that tiny voice in my head telling me things. I know, I'm crazy right. But seriously, it's almost like a whisper in my mind, like a nagging feeling about different random things, that end up being accurate. But, like you, I cannot pick the winning lottery numbers either, tried that, lol.
  • jigglewiggles
    Options
    Ok, here's my "ghost story":

I had just given birth to my son, and I was in a really bad place emotionally. The father of my child was very abusive, so I had to leave him, which was hard, because, at the time, I thought I really loved him. So, here I was, 18 years old, with a new born child, alone. I was laying in my recliner chair with my son fast asleep on top of me. All of the lights were on, but my old school tv was off. I too had fallen asleep, and was in the mist of waking, when I heard a voice say "everything is going to be alright", then I felt a light pressure on my right shoulder, like you feel when someone touches your shoulder in a comforting manner. It startled me a bit, and I lifted my head up, looked in the direction of the tv, saw my reflection laying in the recliner, and a misty figure right behind my chair on my right side. It was like a misty light. It was very comforting, and every time I retell this story I get the chills. The week before this happened, I had a dream of my grandma sitting at my dining room table smiling at me, she passed several years before this.