SAHM --1/4/2010-1/10/2010

Options

Replies

• amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    amy, you ROCK!! i love how you're doing the calorie over in a decreasing fashion. very smart.

Stacey - Thank you. I was thinking people might think I was crazy for doing that. I think dh thinks I should just eat within my cals now, but then he has an easy time with doing things like that.
  • amypyr
    Options
    Jr - That is so sweet! Oh I bet he was so cute when he was playing daddy!

Nicole - I hope your knee feels better soon. I can see the problem with all the jumping in the DVD. I didn't get the 30-day Shred, but I recently got Jillian Michaels "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism". There is some jumping in it too. I'm going to still try the DVD because the really low impact DVD I had been using wasn't working for me. I will definitely need to modify parts of it due to the bone spur on my big toe. There are a couple of moves where you're on your toes. Excruciating pain!!!

Stacey - Whoo Hoo!!!! You go girl!!!
  • amypyr
    Options
    I made my goals for today! I walked a mile on the treadmill, I drank my 8 cups of water, I did the 5 minute warm-up part of my new DVD (warm up?! There was jogging involved! I was puffing at the end! I SO need to work out more!), and I was under my 800 cals over goal.

My goals for Thursday:
    Increase my water intake from 64 oz to 72 oz
    Only over my cals by 700 or less
    Walk 1 mile
    Do the warm up part of the DVD

Have a great night! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Another pound lost this morning, but I will save the updating for tomorrow. I'm on a group that does Friday weigh ins.

We're having hamburger helper for dinner tonight.
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow and see if I lost any pounds this week!

Jennifer
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi jennifer! keep us posted--but even if the #s don't move, don't give up! if you keep doing the right things, the #s WILL go down. :happy:

amy amy amy!!!! EXCELLENT!

and trish--how you get that much water in is AMAZING. I'm so proud that i get 7 or 8 glasses. :drinker:

one of my new goals is to stop eating by 8:30 PM. this is not b/c i believe it matters when you stop. it's just that i have noticed that the last cpl nights i go to eat later and then go WAY over my cals WAY fast. i don't want that to be how my day ends, so tonight's challenge is to not eat late. drink water if i think i need to eat and then just get to bed.

wanna hear a funny? my 5 yr old had to decorate 2 paper plates made to look like a snowman. she decorated them fine. and THEN she taped a piece of kleenex over the face part and another piece over the body part--so people would have to look UNDER the kleenex to see the snowman.
    what?! won't this just look adorable on the bulletin board with all the other kids' snowmen? yeah. thought so. now stop laughing and go drink your water! :flowerforyou:
  • clcrawley
    clcrawley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! congrats on the weight loss and goals, ladies!

I'm supposed to weigh tomorrow, but was so excited, I weighed today. No loss. I'm telling myself it's like Week 2 on the Biggest Loser, where no one loses. (This is my wk 2.)

I hope your knee recovers quickly, Nicole. It can be so frustrating trying to exercise/get healthy with an injury to slow you down.

Got my compost bin built yesterday -- yay! Now I just have to keep working to fill it up.

Dinner tonight: Kraftfood's Santa Fe Chicken Fajita Soup.... deeeelish!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Amy- That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Yeah Trish!!!! I think that's great! It's all of the hard work you have been doing, so be proud of yourself for that!

Stacey...that's too funny about your daughter!:laugh: Kids are funny sometimes!

Jennifer..Looking forward to hearing abotu your weigh-in!

Each day my knee is feeling better! This weekend I will be able to rest it for sure, so I am glad for that. I like your idea Trish of doing the modified jumping jack...I think I may just do some modification...or go rent the Kathy Smith dvd from the library again!:flowerforyou: or...my power yoga! I didn't have any problems with that either.

I am still trying not get frustrated with the stinking scale...I have been fluctuating between 170 and 173 lbs...for awhile...just drop already!:grumble: I am struggling with the whole eat your exercise calorie thing....When I first got serious in September..I was gaining, not losing, until someone suggested that I eat my exercise calories....so did, and that's how I lost the 13lbs. Now...I seem to have gotten stuck....ARGH!:grumble: :mad: Sorry...just venting.....Thanks for listening!:smooched:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Jr, glad you are doing a bit better. Hope the meds kick in more! I know I started feeling better after my meds kicked in! How old is your son? What he did is totally cute!

Stacey, what your daughter did was too cute.

Nicole, hope your knee heals soon..

I have a feeling I'm missing someone, but I can't remember.. sorry if I did.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    nicolee--maybe eat back all your exercise cals less 100 (that's abt the cals you would burn in an hour just doing your regular stuff--cooking, typing, etc).
    do that for at least 2 weeks and see what results you get. i know i spent a long time bouncing between a few #s and then finally the scale moved down again.
    bodies are funny that way.

glad your knee is feeling better each day. and def use that rest time this wknd!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Nicole, I recently read someone's post where, if they were stuck for a while, they would have 1 day where they would eat whatever they were craving, just for that one day. The next day, they dropped 2 lbs. They said it was like shocking their metabolism. I tried it the other night, and it seemed to help. If anything, it definitely de-stressed me and I felt relaxed that night for once instead of being so focused and gung ho about hitting my water, exercise, and staying under on calories.

And EEE! My new HRM just got here! It wasn't supposed to get here till next Tuesday, so you can imagine how excited I am. I can't wait to set it up and try it out with my workout today.

Stacey, I have been trying to cut off eating at 8:30 myself. It's hard, especially when you're still digesting from dinner, and you think "I'd really like some dessert now" and you look up, and it's 10 o'clock! Where do the hours go between dinner, putting the kids to bed, and going to bed ourselves? Personally I think there's a conspiracy that they don't really exist. It just jumps automatically from 6p to 10p without any hours in between. KWIM? LOL

30 oz already down the hatch. 60 with lunch, 90 post workout, hoping for 120 at dinner. Today is a really high sodium day.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Wow! I miss three days and there are three pages to read. :laugh: You ladies have been busy!! I have been stocking up my food storage this week with all of the case lot sales. No exercise really other than lugging heavy things--but I am down a pound since I weighed the time before. I started preplanning my days food wise and it has made a huge difference!

It looks as though you are all doing well!:flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Trish...I think I may try that tomorrow with just eating...It is actually tough to do! I have in my brain that I need to eat a certain way...we shall see!:flowerforyou:

Stacey- sometimes I have a hard time eating all of those calories...but I wiill definitely try that suggestion as well!:flowerforyou:

Silver and Debnu- I hope your day is going well! Beb, congrats on the pound lost! :smile:

You ladies are wonderful!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We have such a great group here!:happy:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I think I might surprise myself today. I just FINISHED my 120th oz. We'll see if I can get 150 in by bedtime. I think it's doable with 6 hours left till bedtime. That's only 5 oz per hour. Not very demanding at all.

Just another 10 oz, and I'll have drunk 1/10th of my sodium for dinner. Sounds like a good number to me! If I finish strong at 150, that will be 1/10th of my sodium intake for the whole day! I will have achieved one of my micro goals.

Off to pick up hubby. He got off early for a long work weekend at home Looking at being a single mom tomorrow and Saturday. We're going to the grocery store for a couple of items for dinner for the next few nights. Anyway, I ramble. What's everyone having for dinner?
  • staceyw37
    Options
    welcome back deb! glad your food planning is helping. that is so smart to do!

nicolee--if you're having trouble eating back the calories (espec if you're eating non-junk), try using calorie dense foods. add an 1/8 or 1/4 cup nuts onto your cooked carrots or green beans or salad or in your yogurt. add a slice or 2 of avocado to your turkey sandwich. or hummus--as a dip for veggies or as a spread instead of mayo or mustard.

that way you're adding calories but not bulk.
    hth
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Nuts are great. Target sells this fantastic combo of cranberries & cashews. It is sodium free! I often eat a 1/2 cup for a snack. It's very nutritious and calorie dense. 1 whole cup is over 500 cals!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I did it! 150 oz of water. Batten down the hatches, mateys, she's gonna blow!! LOL

*floats away to sink like the Titanic*
  • staceyw37
    Options
    well. i'm mtg my goal of not eating after 8--cuz i'm stuffed. i let myself get too hungry b4 dinner and served the "kids" pizza. and ate 3 slices myself.

i am now several hundred cals over my goal. wtg.

still gonna finish my water. exercise is an unlikely event. we are all having trouble getting up in the AM so will hit the hay early.

i will get back on track. i've just hit a rough patch.

trish--congrats on getting your water in.
  • amypyr
    Options
    Hello ladies! It's been a good day for me. I made my goals and surpassed them! I drank all 72 oz of water, walked 1 mile on the treadmill, ate well under 700 cals over (less than 300 cals over :bigsmile: ), and I did part of the exercise DVD. Today instead of walking and then doing the DVD, I did the DVD first. It made a big difference. I didn't feel nearly as worn out. I was definitely feeling it, but not like last night. I even did circuit 1 after the warm-up before walking! :bigsmile: I'm feeling really good right now. Unfortunately, too good because I'm just now getting tired and it's 1:30 am. I need to start exercising before 10:30 pm. :laugh:
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    First weigh in = 2.6 lbs lost!! Whoo hooo!!

Jennifer