SAHM --1/4/2010-1/10/2010

Options

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    GM everyone! Thanks ladies for the suggestions, I will try them all!

Way to go Amy and cirka!!!:flowerforyou:

I am off to a good start with the water...already got 16 oz down:drinker: !
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Must keep up with Nicole... *chugs* 30 oz down!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

My goals for today:
    72 oz water
    walk 1 mile
    DVD - warm-up and circuit 1
    stay within 600 cals over

And I got on the scale this morning for an unofficial weigh-in. I'm now at 159. I've lost 0.8 lb since Tuesday! :happy: I'm going to keep it up over the weekend too!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    yay amy and jennifer!! great work for you both!

Fri Goals
    Drink 8 glasses water
    Stay at max of 400 cals over
    EXERCISE--probably kenpo and arx

This wknd i want to spend time planning out LUNCH and dinners and snacks for me for the next week. that might help me.
    i would benefit from more structure.

alright. off to make the lunches etc etc

kim--hope your first week back is going alright. busy i assume--
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Stacey, logging everything in advance will definitely help you stay in control of your calories (at least it does for me). That way there are no surprises!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    thanks trish. i think that will help a lot! if i had realized that those 3 slices were 930 cals, i might have made the better choice. i was thinking it was only like 500 or 600 cals of damage. kwim?
    that's what killed me yesterday.

and the day before, i didn't eat enuf at the right times which left me ravenous late at night.

i'm not recording my updated wt b/c i don't want to believe it. MONDAY will be my weigh in day.

have a great day all!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I've been lazy today. The house needs major cleaning, and I haven't worked out. When Grace went down for nap, I decided instead to take inventory of everything in my studio that I need to finish by June 1. I came up with a list of about 6 models a month. That's an incredibly demanding schedule! I also took inventory of models I need to sell. I can only keep 24 for myself, and 14 for Grace of the 100+ I own.
    I would box them up and store them in the shed, but I'm afraid the Utah summer heat and winter cold would warp them.

Anyway, planning on exercising tonight after dinner. I do feel motivated to do it thanks to my new toy (Polar F7 HRM).

We're having Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner.

Nicole, how's that water coming? I totally slacked off after this morning. Working on 60 right now.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Stacey- I am a creature of habit...I tend to eat the same foods alot..maybe that is also why I am stuck with the whole weight thing. So I know what ballpark I am in before I even log it. I actually eat somthing and then log it immediately.

Trish- I slowed down a bit...I am only at 60oz.. too

I haven't felt like doing much today...I have been here and there around the house, doing odds and ends...I am having friend issues. Apparently I tend to attract friends that try to walk all over me because I am a giving person, and when I stand up for myself and say enougn is enough, the bolt, or turn it into a woe-is-me type problem.:grumble: :huh: Completely turning the focus back to themselves.:grumble: SO....I have been contemplating my whole friend thing today...:ohwell:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    nicolee and trish--some days you just need the rest. yesterday i made the baby nap so i could nap.
    mommy, come here! he calls.
    no, i'm sleeping! i answer many times.

n--sorry abt the friend thing. some ppl just aren't worth it. friendship is a give and take and is not required. anyway, hugs--

i did KENPO and have almost reached my water goal. my dinner is planned and should keep me in my cal goal for today too. thank you all for being so supportive as i work through this "glitch" with my motivation. ((hugs))
  • staceyw37
    Options
    homemade pizza recipe link.
    http://www.bhg.com/recipes/ethnic-food/italian/pizza-recipe-ideas/?sssdmh=dm17.420141&esrc=nwdr010810&email=1390376219

now, who wants to put money on the likelihood that boy is sleeping in crib even tho that was his timeout? and we have to leave to get the girls from school....really

btw--dd removed kleenex from her snowman. she just wanted it covered for it to be a surprise. :)
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Homemade Pizza Recipe... RECIPE! (mine)

You can either buy your crust, or make this low sodium one I found:
    2 t Active dry yeast
    3 1/2 c Bread Flour
    1 1/2 c Water
    2 t Honey
    2 T Olive Oil

Place ingredients in bread machine in order specified by manufacturer and process on dough cycle. Turn out the dough onto a floured board. At this point you may form the pizzas, or refrigerate the dough for several hours, well wrapped in plastic so it won't dry out. (Although a refrigerator rest is not necessary, it makes the dough easier to handle.) Makes enough dough for two 12-inch pizzas, or two 10-inch thick-crust pizzas. Bake at 400 degrees until lightly browned around the edges. Top as desired and return to oven until cheese is melted and crust browned, about 15 minutes total.

Andy liked the crust I made!:

Make crust as directed above
    1 red bell pepper
    1 green bell pepper
    1 can sliced, pitted olives, rinsed
    1 sweet onion
    2 Tomatoes
    1 Can Pizza Sauce (also got from Walmart, check labels for lowest sodium one!)
    1 pack fresh sliced mushrooms (available in produce dept)
    1 bag shredded cheese (also check sodium-- tillamook seems to be the best)
    1 can pineapple

Lay crust on baking sheet. Sauce lightly. Measure 1 cup cheese & sprinkle. Pile up all the yummy things! Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top. Bake as directed on crust package.

Calorie damage: 800 cals for HALF the pizza! ZOW! Amazing, right? Most chains are that much in about 2 slices. You won't want to get take out again (we sure don't!)
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I can't believe it's Friday before I get to check in...geeze, where did this week go?!

JR- I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby troubles. It sounds like he does not respect you, and taking him back would show him that you don't respect yourself and that it's ok for him to treat you like he does. NOT ok. It'd be different if he were a first time offender, but it sounds like he's a career criminal in the relationship. Sorry to sound harsh...my mom and dad went through this when I was 10, and the back and forth hurt more than when they did finally divorce 2 years later. I would agree with Stacy about getting a very good attorney. It can make all the difference, especially with children involved! **Hugs** I'm here for you along with all these other great ladies, and I will be praying for your family.

Trish- You are a water-drinking maniac! Way to go!

I've been drinking 9 glasses of water a day all week and have not had to tinkle every 30 min like usual. Then I got on the scale this morning and was up 3#... :sad: Then AF showed up. Maybe tomorrow all that water weight will go away? I've never paid attention to period bloat before because in the past, I was always bloated! :laugh:
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Homemade Pizza Recipe... RECIPE! (mine)

You can either buy your crust, or make this low sodium one I found:
    2 t Active dry yeast
    3 1/2 c Bread Flour
    1 1/2 c Water
    2 t Honey
    2 T Olive Oil

Place ingredients in bread machine in order specified by manufacturer and process on dough cycle. Turn out the dough onto a floured board. At this point you may form the pizzas, or refrigerate the dough for several hours, well wrapped in plastic so it won't dry out. (Although a refrigerator rest is not necessary, it makes the dough easier to handle.) Makes enough dough for two 12-inch pizzas, or two 10-inch thick-crust pizzas. Bake at 400 degrees until lightly browned around the edges. Top as desired and return to oven until cheese is melted and crust browned, about 15 minutes total.

Andy liked the crust I made!:

Make crust as directed above
    1 red bell pepper
    1 green bell pepper
    1 can sliced, pitted olives, rinsed
    1 sweet onion
    2 Tomatoes
    1 Can Pizza Sauce (also got from Walmart, check labels for lowest sodium one!)
    1 pack fresh sliced mushrooms (available in produce dept)
    1 bag shredded cheese (also check sodium-- tillamook seems to be the best)
    1 can pineapple

Lay crust on baking sheet. Sauce lightly. Measure 1 cup cheese & sprinkle. Pile up all the yummy things! Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top. Bake as directed on crust package.

Calorie damage: 800 cals for HALF the pizza! ZOW! Amazing, right? Most chains are that much in about 2 slices. You won't want to get take out again (we sure don't!)

That sounds SO good! Pizza is my weakness.... I'm going to try this one!! Thanks!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    thanks for posting yours again trish!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Feeling more relaxed now that I am working on oz #90. Enjoying dinner-- hawaiian haystacks, minus the cheese-- and hope to have 120 oz by bed, but won't push, and won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Will get my workout in after Grace goes to bed. Maybe Andy will workout too. It's been a while :)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i met my calorie and water goals! feel so proud of myself!!

talk to y'all tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Stacey, that's wonderful! Good job!
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Went to go warm up the car this morning to run errands/go to the gym and the car won't start. And it's blocking in my husband's car. Must figure out a way to get out of the house...:mad:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Hopey, Is the battery dead? Can you get a jump? If you can get a jump, you can go to walmart & have the battery officially tested and/or replaced. While you're there, invest in a selft jumper. It's this little box you plug into your house, then when it's charged, you keep it in the car. That way, if the battery is ever too low to start, you can give yourself a jump.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    how funny trish--my friend just told me about this handy device. she got one after asking neighbors a zillion times. :)
    hopey, sorry you're in a bind. i hope a neighbor can help you solve the problem. (hug)