Personality or Looks

Options
1235»

Replies

• Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    People aways say personality to be politically correct, but i think looks is what attracts a person to another person at first sight, then personality keeps them around..

For me tho, i prefer a good mix of both.. personality is more important if i want a relationship with the person, and looks if its just a fling..
  • julieo81
    julieo81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    looks have to attract you, personality keeps you

This right here

I'm right there too. Had I not been attracted to my boyfriend when we first met, I prob would not have gone on the first date. But now that we have been together for 2.5 yeaars... It is his personality that has my heart, and that makes him the most handsome and sexy man I know.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you have an ugly personality, it doesn't matter what you look like, you are an ugly person.

^^^THIS!

Personality first, especially humor...I think someone becomes more attractive if they have a great personality - if you blow them off because you don't think their "HOT" A. You're probabaly missing out. B. Shallow.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    They both matter equally! Luckily, my man rocks in both departments! (and one other, but we won't go there) :wink:
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I need both.
    Not talking an amazingly hot guy with a fantastic personality. That's not realistic.

But I need someone who's decent looking and interesting.
  • Steph38111
    Options
    I think compatibility is what's most important, you could be drop dead gorgeous or the sweetest girl in the world but if we don't click its not going to work

^^this

I went out with a guy that I found attractive to look at and we had similar interests but then when we kissed, it was like kissing my brother, ew. You need to have that elusive chemistry...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I have dated gorgeous men who bored the SNOT out of me.

So I go for personality these days. What you look like can only hold my interest for so long. If you start speaking and I fall asleep on cue... that's not good.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    personality 100%,.....great conversation/intelligence/charm/charisma go a long way !!! cute + dumb =bored..in my book.
  • BrooklynTico
    Options
    Let me keep it real....Looks. The less I know about you, the better. Who goes to a bar and says, "damn, look at her/him. I bet he/she can strike the *kitten* out of a conversation."

Having said that, you clearly can't have a relationship without both. I'm just not looking for a relationship now, so I'm not big on personality now.
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If a person has an ugly personality I can't find them attractive. So most of the time I just wish people would shut up ;)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Personality matters foremost... but there is a sort of threshold for looks... I need to be attracted to them, just as I wouldn't want them to not be attracted to me
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Let me keep it real....Looks. The less I know about you, the better. Who goes to a bar and says, "damn, look at her/him. I bet he/she can strike the *kitten* out of a conversation."

Having said that, you clearly can't have a relationship without both. I'm just not looking for a relationship now, so I'm not big on personality now.

Damn, check out the sense of humor on THAT one
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It's funny because almost everyone says personality. But when you meet someone for the first time of the opposite sex ,it is rare they will ask you out on a date based on your personality. So I think looks beats personality. BUT having said that, if you have no personality behind those looks, you would probably end up getting dumped at some point, unless the person is totally superficial. But then again most of us are, and lets not lie and say we are not. At least at first anyway.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh god personality, my bf is attractive but that's not at all why I like him, though he's incredibly vain and openly admits it.
  • Ashleyr_85
    Options
    Looks is all good but if you cannot stand the person you are with than whats the point. I think personality it what I look for in person. If you can make me laugh you are ahead of the game :wink:
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Looks can be made or broken by personality. Take my former neighbor for example. She isn't much to look at, but when her eyes meet mine and the sound of her voice resonates in my ears, I get that 'feeling' deep in my stomach. You know the one I'm speaking of. My stomach starts to contract and convulse then involuntarily purges its contents violently all over the floor. She is a troglodyte inside and out.

LMAO!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well, looks are the first thing I'm going to notice... but it's all about personality and attitude. Basically, if you're ugly on the inside.... it's hard to get past that.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Personality no doubt!