Why do people hate burpees so much?

Options

Replies

• rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Try some barfees (bar facing burpees) or some burpee pull ups or some lateral barfees or burpees but touch a target at least 6" above your reach... they start to suck pretty quickly.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I don't mind burpess myself.

Fartess on the other hand are simply rude....
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love/hate burpees. They get my heart rate going super fast, but ever since I did too many, I get pain in my chest muscles and really bad food pain if I jump back. Kinda takes the fun out of it :frown:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Because when I try to do them too fast, I feel like I'm about to fall on my face. lol That's really it for me. I actually don't mind doing them for 30 seconds or so, but when I try to go longer, I start having the whole balance issue. I suppose as I continue, I'll get better.
  • mbulz53
    mbulz53 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    www.351Burpees.com

ETA: Burpees rock!
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Because some think they are too difficult?

I like the extra challenge (burpees) up until last week when I heard an "POP" in my lower back and wanted to throw up from the pain.

I don't like them anymore because of injury.

This
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with burpees.

Love the after effect...hate the during. hehe!!

Seriously though they aren't that bad. Until you put them right in the middle of a freaking kick *kitten* circuit! then they are killers!
  • JennWeighZen
    JennWeighZen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    because they make me feel like an oompah-loompah
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    um... I didn't read the entire thread but, what the heck is a "burpee'?
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Because burpees make me pukee...
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i get motion sickness from them :-( They are only thing i modify in Insanity because otherwise i get really sick... like as if i was just on a roller coaster.. i know i'm probably an oddball on that one.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would rather do clean and press and dealifts than burpees....I'm not sure why? I think it's beacuse I hate cardio ha. I really hate being out of breath...and maybe that is just because I don't breath right? When I do clean and press or deadlifts I am think about my form rather than how much this sucks and how out of breath I am haha. I really don't mind burpees too much...I hate lunging off the back of a step sooooo much more...and anything step related.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

go to 18 seconds into the video--this is a burpee with a push-up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I thought Burpees was a seed/plant catalog... so until reading part of this thread, I thought I hated them too. :laugh:
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

Black Doug: It's funny, 'cause just the other day, me and my boy, we was wonderin' why they even call 'em burpees. Y'know what I'm talkin' 'bout?
    Stu Price: No. Don't know what you're talkin' 'bout.
    Black Doug: Why not floories, right? 'Cause when you do 'em, you're more likely to end up on the floor than the roof. What about groundies? That's a good new name fo' 'em.
    Alan Garner: Or how 'bout rapies?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

Black Doug: It's funny, 'cause just the other day, me and my boy, we was wonderin' why they even call 'em burpees. Y'know what I'm talkin' 'bout?
    Stu Price: No. Don't know what you're talkin' 'bout.
    Black Doug: Why not floories, right? 'Cause when you do 'em, you're more likely to end up on the floor than the roof. What about groundies? That's a good new name fo' 'em.
    Alan Garner: Or how 'bout rapies?

lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    In the old days we used to call it a "squat thrust".

They are difficult to do, I think especially for us women who have less upper body strength. When I first started exercising I hated them. They are getting a little easier but they are definitely not my favorite.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    In the old days we used to call it a "squat thrust".

They are difficult to do, I think especially for us women who have less upper body strength. When I first started exercising I hated them. They are getting a little easier but they are definitely not my favorite.

I knew those things looked familiar! I used to love them in gym class. Then again, I always loved anything gym related.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    cuz when I'm on the floor doing sumpin' I wanna finish and not have to jump up and do sumpon' else. lol!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Because I'm lazy and I think they're hard.

We have a love hate relationship though lol