Morbidly obese, need support on my long journey

Options
123457»

Replies

• crrobin
    crrobin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cajunfemme.... Hello and congrats on the hardest part....getting started! I too am from South Louisiana:). I started as severely obese and I am now about 3 pounds shy of only being considered overweight, with the help of MFP. Being from this area of the country is like no other as far as eating is concerned, for we have the best food in the world...even better than New Orleans;). But you can do it!

I would caution you on how much advice you take from this site and members as far as your diet is concerned....people mean well, it's just that everyone is SO different, not only physically, but our personalities and the habits we have formed over the years are unique! You may want to see a nutritionist for some guidance, and it wouldn't hurt to have a MD in on your plans.

I know essentially I am giving you advice....;)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I have lost 180 pounds with another 30 pounds to go. I started at 380 pounds and sitting around 200 pounds at the moment...I love that i can inspire others these days so feel free to add me.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful, and I KNOW that you can do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I to am on the same journey. I would love for us to become friends and support each other on our journey's!! Anyone who who wants to add me, please send a request. Good luck to us all!!
  • MamaWalkingBear
    MamaWalkingBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hey there, I'm in the same boat, and am on that journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend, ask questions, etc. I am working toward RNY bariatric surgery as well, and have lost 51 pounds in the last year...13 here on myfitnesspal. I still don't know if I will go through with the surgery, that's still a few steps away in my insurance process. Anyway, anything I can do to encourage you...let me know :happy:
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you an add request. Feel free to add me anyone!!!