Insanity Challenge

Options

Replies

• cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start my week 2 of round 2 after tomorrow :-)
  • Xited
    Xited Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group! I'm on day 4, did Pure Cardio today and thought I was going to collapse, it was just so much more difficult than days 1 & 2. I just did as much as I could to keep up (but had to rest lots of times) and just about got to the end. Here's looking at the pleasure of getting through tomorrow's routine. Good luck ladies!!!!!!
  • larisabones
    Options
    Starting my second round on Monday!!! (Which is the 1st, wooo! Perfect!)
    This round I am going to be doing some resistance training in addition to the Insanity videos...especially in month 1! They are great workouts, but I just didn't get what I needed and I don't feel right not doing any strength training. I am hoping to get the deluxe workouts, too, which includes 3 more exercises that you can use to replace some of them so it doesn't get too boring.
  • mrscorbo23
    Options
    what is insanity?
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    Thats the spirt. Just hit pause if you need it, catch your breath, and keep going. I was sore sore yesterday evening but started feeling better this morning.

Day 3 is a lot easier than day 2, so I hope that makes you feel better. :wink:
    that what i will do, need rest pause it, dont miss anything :)
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    Starting tomorrow! 9/27!
    welcome on board :)
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    hi, nice to see you joining us :) its so difficult to keep up with shaun T and his team ....
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    what is insanity?

Hello, check this out :))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmKQEVJdh5s
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    An interesting fact for those who do not know

Its about 3500, it is actually a little less than that in fact but for easy calculations on diet 3500 is used. Or... since there are 9 Calories in a gram of fat, and 453.6 grams in a pound, it's probably closer to 4082 Calories in a pound. (453.6 grams in a pound x 9 Calories in each of those grams = 4082 Calories in 1 pound). There may be reasons why 3500 is the commonly accepted answer, but it seems to me the rounded off answer should be 4000, not 3500. 3500 is the common answer because it is in fact very close to the real amount. The actual amount of Calories in a pound of human body fat is around 3400. The reason why it is not around 4000 is because human body fat retains much water. Not all of the actual mass is pure fat.

:)
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group! I'm on day 4, did Pure Cardio today and thought I was going to collapse, it was just so much more difficult than days 1 & 2. I just did as much as I could to keep up (but had to rest lots of times) and just about got to the end. Here's looking at the pleasure of getting through tomorrow's routine. Good luck ladies!!!!!!

Oh God... I start day 4 today:frown:
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    I know a few people mentioned they were going to start Insanity, please share you fit test results and let us know how you feel. I find it is a great way to stay motivated and it keeps me inspired to dig deeper.
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    day 3 is done :) feels good proud of myself did the way much better today , seems lke i had much more energy today:) lets see what tomorrow wil bring :)
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    I know a few people mentioned they were going to start Insanity, please share you fit test results and let us know how you feel. I find it is a great way to stay motivated and it keeps me inspired to dig deeper.
    me too its hard work lets stick together, it will make more dificoult to give up..... honestly if not MFP i would be out of this game by now
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am on my recovery week ....And I am wondering whether to start again round 1 or to try month 2. I heard it was much more difficult than month 1 and I still can't finish all the routines from month 1 ....

Anyone has tried it (doing 2 times month 1 before doing month 2 ?)

xxx everyone, we can do it !
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting Insanity on October 1st (after my first 5K). It looks pretty scary lol
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    I plan on starting Insanity on October 1st (after my first 5K). It looks pretty scary lol

It's not tha bad. I'm overweight with a poor fitness level and I can do it with a couple small modifications. Good luck on your 5k, are you aiming for a specific time?
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    I am on my recovery week ....And I am wondering whether to start again round 1 or to try month 2. I heard it was much more difficult than month 1 and I still can't finish all the routines from month 1 ....

Anyone has tried it (doing 2 times month 1 before doing month 2 ?)

xxx everyone, we can do it !

I'm just into my first week so I can't offer advice based on personal experience. I say push thru to month 2.
    Do you find yourself progressing on the fit test?
  • kayokay2012
    Options
    I feel like Pure CRAP. Pure Cardio is no joke. I couldn't do have the moves and i was still tired. Maybe by next go around i will be able to do them. Good luck for those who haven't gotten to it yet!
  • ThisCanadian
    Options
    I feel like Pure CRAP. Pure Cardio is no joke. I couldn't do have the moves and i was still tired. Maybe by next go around i will be able to do them. Good luck for those who haven't gotten to it yet!

Oh crap.. I do that tomorrow :ohwell:
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Oh crap.. I do that tomorrow :ohwell:

Pure cardio is my favorite but I hate Plyo with all my heart :bigsmile:

To thisCanadian , I haven't been taking the fit test ....I'll measure at the end of the week though to see if I have dropped inches

Nest Monday : month 2 , wish me luck :laugh: