Any one reccomend a great crockpot recipe?

Options

Replies

• C2Patsy
    Options
    I love my crock pot - makes life so easy! And it makes it super easy to shove veggies in everything! I start by making a bean loaded ground turkey chili that whips up a weeks worth of lunches with enough for a back up in the freezer (about the size of a large wonton soup container). When it's done I first remove the back up & add 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies; every day I eat a bowl of chili I replace the amount eaten with a cup or so more of mixed veggies. By the end of the week it's pretty much a veggie bean stew/chili. Years ago I bought the Cooking Light Crock pot cook book - I just Googled for it & found this link:

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/top-rated-recipes/slow-cooker-favorites-00400000038588/

105 Slow-Cooker Favorites - good place to start. I love their recipes, all about healthy substitutions and portion control not FORBIDDEN foods ;)
    Good luck & enjoy!
  • chelkins16
    chelkins16 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bumping!
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    As I type I have 4 thin sliced chicken breasts on top of 4 diced potatoes, a bag of baby carrots, sliced stalks of celery, and 1/2 of a chopped onion. I put a small can of cream of chicken in there as well. I seasoned the whole thing with low sodium Ms. Dash, pepper, and garlic powder. Not really following a recipe, hope it tastes ok!

Any replacements for "Cream of...."? Its so HIGH in sodium.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Ranch Chicken

1 lb Chicken breast
    1/2 bottle Franks Hot Sauce (NO CALORIES)
    1 package Hidden Valley Ranch (the powder)

Put the chicken in the crockpot, then Franks Sauce, and sprinkle the ranch over it....not sure how long because we all put it on for different times. Since I am gone all day I put it on low (10hours)

I have made wraps out of it and topeed salads....it is sooooooooo EASY, low cal, and healthy

I made it for my entire office one day...everyone loved it

This is one of my faves as well!! YUM you can make wraps out of it, sammies, or over salad!
  • fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    http://nummersbynumbers.blogspot.com/2012/12/crockpot-baked-potato-soup.html

Crockpot Baked Potato Soup
    212 calories per bowl

Also check the blog for other recipes. :)
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump...I would never run out of crock pot recipes here!!!
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow I tried one today that turned out great, Vegetarian French Onion Soup. The crockpot caramelized the onions perfectly, and my husband, daughter and I just gobbled the soup down for lunch. At 500 calls per serving when I entered into MFP, and 7 g of protein. I'm stuffed!

Www.Vegetarianslowcooker.com/2010/01/French-onion-soup.html
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow I tried one today that turned out great, Vegetarian French Onion Soup. The crockpot caramelized the onions perfectly, and my husband, daughter and I just gobbled the soup down for lunch. At 500 calls per serving when I entered into MFP, and 17 g of protein. I'm stuffed!

Correction---17 g of protein!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Wow I tried one today that turned out great, Vegetarian French Onion Soup. The crockpot caramelized the onions perfectly, and my husband, daughter and I just gobbled the soup down for lunch. At 500 calls per serving when I entered into MFP, and 7 g of protein. I'm stuffed!

Thanks, sounds like one to try :wink:
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • tat2dzombiegirl
    tat2dzombiegirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump. This is great!
  • 6packb450
    Options
    bump
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for some crockpot recipes and there are some good ones in here. Thanks!
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    bump
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    <<<bump>>>