Any one reccomend a great crockpot recipe?

Options

Replies

• glickjm
    glickjm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Balsamic Chicken Thighs

I have done bone in and bone out chicken thighs. Both are delicious.

I love this recipe and it's low cal.

I have yet to make it for someone who doesn't like it

Ingredients
    •1 teaspoon garlic powder
    •1 teaspoon dried basil
    •½ teaspoon salt
    •½ teaspoon pepper
    •2 teaspoons dried minced onion
    •4 garlic cloves, minced
    •1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    •½ cup balsamic vinegar
    •8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 24 ounces)
    •sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley

Instructions
    1.Combine the first five dry spices in a small bowl and spread over chicken on both sides.
    2.Set aside.
    3.Pour olive oil and garlic on the bottom of the crock pot.
    4.Place chicken on top.
    5.Pour balsamic vinegar over the chicken.
    6.Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
    7.Sprinkle with fresh parsley on top to serve.

Nutrition Information

Serving size: 1 thigh
    Calories: 133
    Fat: 5g
    Carbohydrates: 4g
    Sugar: 3g
    Sodium: 222mg
    Protein: 17g
    Cholesterol: 70mg

Made this yesterday - just happened to have chicken thighs thawed and at the ready just waiting on a plan.

Was really quite good - and I like that it didn't involve any premade foods - like a can of cream of something soup or bisquick. I prefer recipes that don't use too much prefab. Thanks for this one - I will make it again. Was quick and easy. Cooked mine on low for 8 hours (because we were gone all day). Fell off the bone nearly at that long.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinnytaste.com. I made a crock pot 3 bean chili last week that was awesome! All of the foods on the website are reduced calorie.

I'll second this suggestion. LOVE this site! I made the crockpot creamy tomato soup over the weekend, using tomatoes from mty garden. It was divine!

I have yet to make a recipe from skinnytaste that I didn't love.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump - need some easy and new ideas since it's high school football time and we are on the go so much!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Barbecue - six boneless chicken breasts, 1 bottle of barbecue sauce, 1 large can of tomatoes, 1 large onion quartered. Cook on low for 10-12 hrs. Everyone thinks it's pork. I also make this with a turkey breast but cook the turkey alone overnight. In the morning, I remove skin and bones and break up the meat then add the other ingredients and cook as above.
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lyssad2003
    lyssad2003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WHARDEE
    Options
    This is not a crockpot recipe but so easy. Take a peice of meat such as chicken breasts, pork lion or roast and place in a cast iron dutch oven. I use one of the newer ones, the ones you see in department stores that are the bright colors. Add whatever vegetables you have or like on top of the meat. We like small red skin potatoes, brussels sprouts, mushrooms and asparagus. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on and some seasoning. Place in 325 degree oven until done, add cherry or roma tomatoes on top and cook just a few more minutes. Very low in fat and calories and so good and best of all, only one pot to clean. My husband calls this "one pot wonder".
  • krkoch1983
    krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • dirtyrose2007
    dirtyrose2007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bumpity bump
  • mohotma85
    Options
    I am very instreated in the crockpot receipes you received from WW. Are you able to e-mail them to me?

Thanks - M
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    1. Chicken tacos
    Just throw some chicken in with some Mexican spices and some salsa, shred, and serve on a tortilla. You can do the same thing with enchilada sauce... Budget Bytes has a great recipe for homemade enchilada sauce. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/08/red-enchilada-sauce/&ei=vtcoUtLjDIW-9QTvsICAAg&usg=AFQjCNGf5YRxXj-lEIp9qxIqqongka3dmw&sig2=EHhqrMtV50hR0Ku-69QstQ&bvm=bv.51773540,d.eWU

2. Spinach lasagna
    One of my other go-to crock pot recipes is this spinach lasagna: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/slow-cooker-spinach-and-ricotta-lasagna-with-romaine-salad-00000000052378/index.html

3. Buffalo or BBQ chicken sandwiches
    Toss in some chicken and a bottle of bbq or buffalo sauce, shred and serve on whole wheat buns. Just watch out for calories and sodium levels in your sauce of choice.
  • Lyonsgurl
    Lyonsgurl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i love to put a pork shoulder in with a can of tomatoes with chilis and some sazon and adobo seasoning just let it cook for 6hrs or so and it just falls apart...great for whole wheat tortillas with a little avacado and low cal cheese.
  • indiawastaken
    indiawastaken Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this thread!