Replies

• dickster1961
    dickster1961 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    nope, there are other free apps out there
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No. They would rally have to clean up the content and block abusive users before I would pay for it.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    no i would not...we live paycheck to paycheck as it is, and since theres free access on the internet i would just use that all the time and not use the app if that were to ever happen. i think it would be stupid for them to start charging for the app. i love the app and use it a lot.
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    no I wouldn't pay....
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I agree - if it killed the ads encouraging me to buy new clothes and not eat bananas, I'd consider a reasonable yearly charge. I would never go monthly like WW - at that point, I'd probably switch to sparkpeople.

I'll deal with the ads if it's helping them to generate revenue to keep the site maintained and working w/out dipping into my wallet.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not worth the money - I can track on my own.

Also, using Firefox I never see any ads on this or any other site. It's kind of wonderful.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No, please dont gave them ideas:frown: :noway: . I go to the gym and pay for that and a dance classes, why pay for MFP which is free and helps to encourage people to lose weight and get fit, and it also offers support and friendship when needed.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'll give them $5 to take away my strikes...

Agreed! I would start a tab on that one!

I'm in for this also!
  • tegger12
    Options
    No, I like MFP but would probably change to Fitbit site.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Nope...

I would switch to another free site.
  • benailes
    Options
    If it meant no ads, sure.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    HELLLLL NAWWW!!!!!!!!!
  • steve_crowther
    steve_crowther Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Why are we discussing this?
    Was this thread started by a member of the MFP marketing staff!!!!

Stop giving them ideas!

Steve
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would never have signed up if it were not free.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The ads are super creepy. They obviously track what you do even off site. Because no matter what I have been doing all day, the ads that pop up are clearly picked from the words I have typed and the things I was looking at earlier online. Sometimes an ad will pop up that I know was something my 12 year old daughter was looking at online. It reminds me of when the boy on a christmas story puts the ad for the red rider gun in his mothers magazine. I'll see tha ad and think 'oh I know what she was up to today'.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have started MFP if it costed me anything. Even if there was a free trial.

Now? Maybe.. But only because I'm addicted to the site. Four months ago, forget it.

THIS
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    MFP is such a good friend that there should be no financial involvements:) Friends are just friends!!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    nope!! I'd use another app that was free! ;-)
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I'd keep searching the web for a free app, especially if I had never used MFP before.