Would you pay for MFP?

Options

Replies

• simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    They'd have to fix the screwed up food database, exercise calculator, and figure out how to keep MFP online and running smoothly. At that point - maybe. But there are so many free sites...probably not.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why the adverts cause people so much upset, I don't even notice them :ohwell:
  • Redskins76
    Options
    I wouldn't because I don't use it very much! But if I was an everyday user then I would consider it only if I saw great results from it. Lets remember people pay for a whole lot of other things they probably shouldn't. Later!!!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Heck no - I would go find another free service.
  • Ivana331
    Options
    I love this site and am addicted to it, I log my food every day. But would I pay for it? No. I would be sa if it started costing, because I would have to leave. The whole reason I tried it out was because it is free! :)
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No because there are too many other apps out there that are free. I'd start using my fitbit account for all the stuff I log here. I wouldn't pay for this.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yes I would. Even if it were an upgraded membership to remove ads, and maybe "members only" forums.

I'm a developer though, so I'm definitely biased against the "yay we have the Internet, everything is free now" mentality. I think it's ok to charge for things, especially if it's an upgrade to something that's offered for free.

What Ben said.

Except I'm not a developer. I can point at a computer and say it's not a toaster. Does that count?
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If there was an SLA, transparency in upcoiming features and bugfixes, and access to export my data, then I might pay a nominal fee.

^^^^^^^ this
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    No I would not.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'd just log the old fashioned way... that is, I'd write down what I eat and how much I think it is in calories.
  • Erica_Rae
    Erica_Rae Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    no
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Yes I would. Even if it were an upgraded membership to remove ads, and maybe "members only" forums.

I'm a developer though, so I'm definitely biased against the "yay we have the Internet, everything is free now" mentality. I think it's ok to charge for things, especially if it's an upgrade to something that's offered for free.

What Ben said.

Except I'm not a developer. I can point at a computer and say it's not a toaster. Does that count?

Yes. Unless it is, indeed, a toaster. Then it doesn't count.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    would not pay(im cheep like that)
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    There are other free calorie counters. I'd move on to one of them.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    No..too many other options available for free.

BTW, you can get rid of the ads by installing AdBlock on your Firefox or Chrome browser. I haven't seen an ad in years, here or any other site.

Omg, best advice I've ever been given. Just installed it. Thank you!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love this site, but no. That is why I joined, it is free.
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    no way
  • flannelbug
    flannelbug Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Flat out no. I enjoy and appreciate this site but there will always be one to take its place without a monthly fee.
  • kchaney2003
    kchaney2003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No, I am cheap.

^^this^^