Shocked by the calorie content

Options

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i got these frozen Malaysian Parathas from the Indian store...and i thought..how cool now i dont have to roll my own Tortilla/parathas..being the lazy bum that i am...

then i saw that they had 280 cals for ONE piece! eeeek!!

i gave those away..
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sushi! I had no idea! Over 300 per roll and I used to easily polish off 3 plus tempura and a beer then pat myself on the back for not eating fast food.

I still eat sushi whenever I can. It's healthier foods than fast food and than most food. There's lots of good stuff in it for your body. Look at people who just Live on a sushi diet, they aren't fat..or obese.. They're pretty healthy individuals.

Cereal scared me. I had gotten cereal and milk (i'm broke most of the time) but to measure out the cereal and the milk and then see how many calories that one little portion is was just Wow. And that was for the Kellogg's special K. no Thank you. There's actually several things that I used to eat or snack on that I don't anymore just because of the calories.. I'm still finding things that are shockers :/
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods 'Sinful Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad'

100g are over 300 calories.
    I EASILY ate 1,500 calories in a single meal when I had this more regularly and before caring about nutritional value of food...
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts!! I used to eat them quite a bit, then one day after I stopped buying them my son had one, and I was like oh let me have half. That half had a whopping 220 calories.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Me and my new food scale are going to do a lot of falling out. We already have a nasty disagreement about what an ounce of cheese looks like...

Hahaha..... sorry but that made me laugh out loud for real.

agreed~ that made my laugh out loud ... BEEN THERE!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Orange Juice. Like liquid candy. Haven't drank it in a year...

THIS.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Banana bread!!!!:noway:
  • mayasgroove
    Options
    Culver's buffalo chicken tenders..550 calories for four pieces no dip yet. And their fresh fried chicken to go (4 pcs deep fried chicken, mashed potato, green beans, one bread) 2000+ calories. Just looking at the calorie count makes my heart feel like clogged with cholesterol.
  • lanorrr
    Options
    Almonds! I love them and they're healthy but I used to power down like a cup of them... 800 cals!
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti :( the brand i had was like 2,000 calories for two cups- which i ate. I was shocked since i thought it was lower. Never ate spaghetti again since then, made me too angry lol

I have a yummy turkey spaghetti recipe that is 181 calories per serving (1 cup size) and is healthy and very filling. If you'd like the recipe, send me a message!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden - Salad with italian Dressing...I can have another whole serving of seafood Alfredo if I skip the Salad!!!
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter M&Ms. Obviously I knew they weren't good. They're candy, after all! But after learning that 1/2 a cup is 440 calories, I'm pretty bummed. They are my absolute favorite candy in the whole world. Oh well...I guess those are just going to have to be a treat at the end of a really, really low cal week.
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter M&Ms. Obviously I knew they weren't good. They're candy, after all! But after learning that 1/2 a cup is 440 calories, I'm pretty bummed. They are my absolute favorite candy in the whole world. Oh well...I guess those are just going to have to be a treat at the end of a really, really low cal week.
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    in New South Wales, the state in Australia where I live, new laws have been brought in to require all fast food outlets to list the calorie content of their foods on their menus. So it makes it easy to see what you are eating when you are ordering it. That's been a bit of an eye opener in some cases!
  • I realized that I was having my full calorie intake of food per day in Coke.

HAHA I feel you!!! I was doing that often and STILL hungry. Go figure! Coke is my weakness.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i love Bread so much....all kinds...but the calories just dont make me feel happy!!
  • kj007
    Options
    Honey! Ive always heard to use it instead of sugar especially for teas and baking. I didnt realize that my brand had 70 calories per tablespoon! I completely understand the health benefits over sugar, just didnt expect it to have nearly twice the calories. (sigh)
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    those little ,what I though was single serve, cookies 560 calories per bag!
    I will never eat them again!
  • tarapickett
    tarapickett Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Wild Wings - All of it.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Onion rings.

I wanted to cry when I realized how much other food I could have instead.
    They are the worst, and i could eat a whole bag