Replies

• rnjive
    Options
    Me too no self control around bakery items. I'd be five hundred pounds lol
    :smile:
  • ukmonkey121
    Options
    Granola...

This for sure. It's got more calories than any of the sugary cereals I could eat for breakfast... :(
  • miamacreynold
    Options
    Granola!!!! We went out for breakfast & I thought I was choosing the healthiest thing on the menu & then I logged it & was shocked!! Even my husband was surprised! I'll never eat it again.
  • LethelW8
    Options
    Granola...

This for sure. It's got more calories than any of the sugary cereals I could eat for breakfast... :(

And the quaker brand is actually worse for you than Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. :-(

29452814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Subway :explode:
  • klbruce317
    Options
    Oriental Chicken salad from Applebee's - Grilled Chicken. According to the website half of the salad is something like 690 calories!!! I almost fell off my chair when I logged that in!

I was shocked by this too!
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fried Steak. I had some for breakfast at village inn, came home and logged it and was over 1700 calories. That is more then I eat in a whole day. I never ordered chicken fried steak again
  • arlene1554
    arlene1554 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    <WINE>

I'm pretty sure that I read that calories cannot survive in red wine due to the high alcohol content.

:smile:

Oh my...you are good! Too funny!!!!
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    A package of Gummy Bears/Worms 700 calories!
  • sjsteffan
    sjsteffan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Almonds or any nut really WHOA! Watch out!
  • gdrake64506
    gdrake64506 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Several days ago I ordered a large potatoes Oles at Taco John's. When I looked it up and saw 860 calories I just about had a heart attack.
  • waytogoraus
    Options
    Olive Garden salad and breadsticks. You can do more hurt with those than you can with the meal.

Totally agree on this one! I would get the low cal minestrone soup as an entree and figured that a plate of salad and a breadstick along with it would make for a hearty & healthy restaurant meal...NOPE!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Beware of any salads you get from a resturant they have a stagering amount of calories
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've had that experience so many times it's sickening! I've now taken to logging everything before I eat it. I even try to line out my menu for the day early in the morning.....so I can skimp from some places to make up for something else that is higher in calories.
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    A "Plain Jane" baked potato (cheese, butter, sour cream & bacon) at Jason's Deli is.....wait for it.....2320 calories. I'm not even kidding you. I used to eat one of those (with sweet tea) for lunch fairly regularly. Yikes. The "lighter version" is still 1130 calories.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    chicken alfreado at Cheddars Restaurant...like 1800 calories...i died when i found out
  • derekj222
    Options
    Basically anything from Applebees! It sucks cause I love their food. Not only were the calories shocking, but the sodium and fat were too!

They have a under 500 calories menu which is awesome and delicious! Fat is a little high though...but I had Grilled sirloin, grilled shrimp, steamed veggies, = 500 calories, but 20g fat...but thats not crazy if you eat good rest of the day
  • derekj222
    Options
    Foods from Subway. The flatbread has more calories than the Italian, all of the meats are soaked in sodium, and even when you avoid the bacon/mayo/sauces, you walk away with a 6" sub that has 500+ calories in it.

yes i learned their flat bread is pretty evil in calories
  • derekj222
    Options
    THE ANGUS DELUXE AT MCDONALDS....I KNOW ...I KNOW...ITS MCDONALDS. BUT I HAD IT WITH NO MAYO AND ITS 790 CALORIES....COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. YOU CAN MAKE A BURGER AT HOME FOR WAY LESS CALORIES USING REAL BEEF....WHAT THE HELL DO THEY PUT IN IT. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AROUND 500 OR 550. ALSO ANY STEAK AT A RESTAURANT IS SEEMINGLY OVER A 1000 CALORIES REALLY. ONCE AGAIN....WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY PUTTING ON IT OR DOING TO IT. YOU CAN GET THE SAME FILET AT LONGHORN ON THE UNDER 55O CALORIE MENU WHICH INCLUDES BROCCOLI AND THE SALAD BUT IF YOU ORDER IT OFF THE REGULAR MENU ITS OVER A 1000 CALORIES ALONG....DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

Way to yell. How is it shocking that 1/3lb burger made of a blend of prob relatively fatty beef plus cheese on a large roll would be 700ish cals, seems about right to me. If you know about cuts of meat, you'd know why comparing a filet to a burger blend is silly talk

~~~~

WHAT ARE WE ALL YELLING ABOUT!?!?!?!?!?! - ANCHORMAN

those 550 calories cuts of steak are not 1000 because the cuts are smaller and their pair that with veggies instead of a loaded baked potato