Shocked by the calorie content

Options

Replies

• burkblondie
    burkblondie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Candy corn! Because you just can't eat one serving!
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    and beer. I was depressed for a week when i found out about beer.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Boboli 12'' Original Pizza Crust
    Nutrition Facts:
    Serving Size 1/6 crust (66 g) | Servings Per Container 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 180

180 * 6 = 1080 ,,, and this is just the pizza crust .....

I cannot ,, will not ,,, willingly ,,, do that while I am a ounce overweight ,,,,,, maybe never.
    bye..... later
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Tortillas. Soft-taco size is 110 a piece, but when I eat tacos I tend to inhale them. Not fun. I've tried making my own tortillas and they turn out icky, so I just take it easy on them overall.

Corn tortillas have less calories than flour and Kroger hard taco shells are two for 100 calories.
  • happypath101
    Options
    Smirnoff Ice 228 calories per bottle. :sad:

Smirnoff Ice Light is a flat 100 and it tastes pretty much the same. :)D
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    For me it's less about the calories and more about the sodium. Just about anything processed has insane sodium numbers. Even most turkey slices are astronomical when it comes to sodium...and good luck finding low sodium tuna cans.
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I used to eat pasta all the time. Not anymore unless it's carefully measured. No more ribs or burgers. A serving of ribs is 3 or 4 maybe? I used to eat a full slab on a hungry day! So sad.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    ill go the opposite direction on this one...

i was thrilled when i saw how LOW the cals are in taco bell tacos.
    i can eat a 6pack and still be around 900cals. FANTASTIC!

so a nice dinner AND a sweet dump after?

sign.me.UP.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me super hungry
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I don't know if I'll ever eat it again. <sigh> :cry:
  • tubaman58
    Options
    tortillas..... how do they fit so many calories in those little things
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Malibu rum! I don't know about you, but I use way more than an ounce or ounce and a half when I make a drink with it. Holy cow, how do they cram so many calories into it???

:drinker:
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That little herb and garlic sauce pot that comes with Domino's pizza. Just one of them has about 200 calories. I won't be using them anymore. :(

Oh crap crap crap, really? Oh my god, whenever I have a Domino's I get through a couple of those pots.. and I never log them on MFP because I didn't figure it would be worth it. Oh my goodness :(
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti and kraft Mac and cheese. Gets me every time.
  • princessdartany
    princessdartany Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    THE ANGUS DELUXE AT MCDONALDS....I KNOW ...I KNOW...ITS MCDONALDS. BUT I HAD IT WITH NO MAYO AND ITS 790 CALORIES....COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. YOU CAN MAKE A BURGER AT HOME FOR WAY LESS CALORIES USING REAL BEEF....WHAT THE HELL DO THEY PUT IN IT. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AROUND 500 OR 550. ALSO ANY STEAK AT A RESTAURANT IS SEEMINGLY OVER A 1000 CALORIES REALLY. ONCE AGAIN....WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY PUTTING ON IT OR DOING TO IT. YOU CAN GET THE SAME FILET AT LONGHORN ON THE UNDER 55O CALORIE MENU WHICH INCLUDES BROCCOLI AND THE SALAD BUT IF YOU ORDER IT OFF THE REGULAR MENU ITS OVER A 1000 CALORIES ALONG....DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.
  • LindaLou252
    Options
    Just fyi for the Pop-Tart lovers out there... Try Special K Pastry Crisps! Taste just like Pop-Tarts and only 100 calories per pouch!

Foods I found shocking...
    1. Starbucks Venti White Chocolate Mocha - 580 calories
    Now, I get a tall non-fat, no whip - 270 calories and no taste difference
    2. Outback Alice Springs Chicken (I mean it's chicken...right?! Wrong!) - 759 calories
    3. Outback Wallaby Darned - 582 calories
    4. DQ Medium Oreo Blizzard (thought I was doing myself a favor by getting a med, instead of a large) - 700 calories
    I still get a small every now and then at 550 calories
    Also butter (I use spray butter now) and mayo (I use light miracle whip now).
    I have also substituted normal bread for Healthy Life, which is 70 calories for 2 slices, and available at pretty much any grocery. When I started MFP, I was just gonna cut back on my Coke products... until I realized I would rather eat all those calories!

For the most part, I've learned... It's all in moderation, folks! To say I will never, ever have another wallaby darned or 2 with my alice springs chicken at Outback... Well, I just couldn't imagine! Just not on a regular basis. :drinker:
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden salad and breadsticks. You can do more hurt with those than you can with the meal.
    Seriously! You see it coming with the breadsticks but the salad is a bit of a surprise.
  • MurallyAnn
    MurallyAnn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Texas Roadhouse rolls with cinnamon butter, 225 calories and I had 3 rolls in one sitting!!! Never again
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    THE ANGUS DELUXE AT MCDONALDS....I KNOW ...I KNOW...ITS MCDONALDS. BUT I HAD IT WITH NO MAYO AND ITS 790 CALORIES....COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. YOU CAN MAKE A BURGER AT HOME FOR WAY LESS CALORIES USING REAL BEEF....WHAT THE HELL DO THEY PUT IN IT. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AROUND 500 OR 550. ALSO ANY STEAK AT A RESTAURANT IS SEEMINGLY OVER A 1000 CALORIES REALLY. ONCE AGAIN....WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY PUTTING ON IT OR DOING TO IT. YOU CAN GET THE SAME FILET AT LONGHORN ON THE UNDER 55O CALORIE MENU WHICH INCLUDES BROCCOLI AND THE SALAD BUT IF YOU ORDER IT OFF THE REGULAR MENU ITS OVER A 1000 CALORIES ALONG....DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

Way to yell. How is it shocking that 1/3lb burger made of a blend of prob relatively fatty beef plus cheese on a large roll would be 700ish cals, seems about right to me. If you know about cuts of meat, you'd know why comparing a filet to a burger blend is silly talk
  • mollygreye
    mollygreye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Arby's Chicken Salad Sandwich. Chicken, celery, grapes, apples, pecans. Not too bad right? Wrong! Over 800 calories and 40 grams of fat! After I saw that I remade it at home with plain Greek yogurt and a bit of olive oil mayo, no bread. Just have a few crackers with it, or just eat it with a fork! So good.