bump
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    Bump
  • nannukka
    nannukka Posts: 52
    Options
    I freaking loved that spreadsheet!!!! It was SOOO easy to use. Like you said Heybales, just start from the top and read what it asks you to do (and not to do), keep plugging along. If you have the measurements it doesn't even take long - and VOILA!!! It was AHA moment in the biggest sense. I was so impressed with that spreadsheet. All the reading that I have done the past month came clear and I feel I have a clear plan and a vision and a roadmap (I love that. That is what it is). I also read the whole thread and all the questions and answers. Now I feel like I have those numbers from the spreadsheet as my guidelines and I have better understanding of the relationship with food and exercise. But more importantly after reading your advice to the other lovely people on here, I understand that it will take time, weight will go up and down and stall but no need to panic. I understand that this will be sustainable for lifetime and I do NOT need to worry if I go little over or under the goal numbers. No need to obsess and worry - just take the knowledge and go for it! This was the most informative and freeing time I have spent in MFP!!

Heybales, you have spend hours making spreadsheets, fixing them, answering people's questions patiently and kindly. I hope many good things come to your way. Thank you!

I'm glad it worked that well for you with info, it wasn't really intended as educational, I figured someone would only give it a try if they had done some reading already, and just wanted a storage place for their stats and easier way of looking at it.

It has been actually a stress relief for when exercise can't be, so beneficial for me too.

Now to start the app development, ahah.
  • nannukka
    nannukka Posts: 52
    Options
    oopsy, that previous thing posted "too fast". hah haaa. Still learning here.

I think for me it was so fantastic since I have been reading so much the past month. First getting totally confused with MFP system and by reading some posts in general forum. More and more confused and unsure about everything. Then I finally bumped into PUs stuff (thank you goes there too) and it started to make sense and some how this spreadsheet totally opened up the info for me. But I do think you do need to have been familiar with the terminology and it helps if you have read these boards and maybe done some calculations with the other outside calculators. This spreadsheet though made it easy for me to see and understand all that above information not to mention that it is great that it is all there, on one page. I will be using the Simple Setup and the tab where you can track your progress. Awesome!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kelly043
    Kelly043 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sandia_Sweetie
    Sandia_Sweetie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Streamlinedforlife
    Options
    Very helpful! thanks
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Very helpful! thanks

Hope you find it useful.

Added a section on the Progress tab to include adding up your daily eaten calories over the course of one measurement to the next.
    That way if the eating goal was 1750, and your avg was 1850, should come as no surprise you might not have seen results.
  • dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can find it again. Thank you!!
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ykckby1949
    ykckby1949 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Clearly a lot of work to gather and consolidate but incredibly helpful. Thank you
  • Ron6098
    Ron6098 Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump
  • rlp1975
    rlp1975 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Clearly a lot of work to gather and consolidate but incredibly helpful. Thank you

When I heard of all the scratch paper being used, or setting up their own spreadsheets, and tracking their own results, and going to multiple sites - no way.

Plus I already had most the stuff in one place for my own use helping others, just some tweaking to make it easier.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    bump
  • praoenator
    praoenator Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • greyt2bfit
    greyt2bfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump