Top 5 gym pet peeves

Options

Replies

• sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1. Old naked guys wagging their little dudes around in the locker room.
    2. 85 year old broads with implants
    3. Fat personal trainers
    4. Big chested bros with twig legs
    5. The fact that my gym NEVER has the baseball game on any of its TVs.

lol yes!!!

especially no. 3 (I was getting there as a trainer, well, not really fat but not cut due to doctor prescribed diet that made me miserable),

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTktmQj6n73_BxREVKs7HdgvAlDE2IFs2PRwZbJ4DYJEuiGhS4
    and no. 4. Nothing worse than no symmetry and some one's body dysmorphia disorder on display for all to see.

nasty
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The personal trainers get on my nerves the most. They make up the most ridiculous exercises, take up way too much room & get in the way.

And then when they want to rush me to get off the incline bench so their client can stand on two benches and do some ridiculous, unstable exercise their body would never naturally do. Go do some squats instead!

But I'm already really, really good at squats. Which is why I want a trainer to show me something really difficult and awesome to do! Isn't the whole point of working out to challenge your body?
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This might be something specific to my gym. We have a lot of kids at my gym for tennis lessons. The mothers all sit around chatting with each other while their children that are too young for lessons run around because they are bored or children or both. But the thing that completely irritates me is that the mothers instruct their sons to use the ladie's locker room toilets not the men's locker room toilets...unaccomanied. So, I'm changing into my workout clothes from my business clothes and boys as old as ten are walking in and looking around. I'm not modest, but I don't want to worry about what impression I'm making on a pre-pubescent boy and worse yet have him tell his mother about the naked lady he just saw and be accused of god knows what. The pre-teen girls also hang round the locker room as well and point and giggle...also annoying. I should complain, but it's really a local place and I am a 40 year old childless woman...I don't want to be labled a child-hater.

What are your thoughts? I think all children should be accompanied by an adult in the locker room and childern over 8 should be required to use the same sex locker room. Is that an unreasonable request?
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    especially no. 3 (I was getting there as a trainer, well, not really fat but not cut due to doctor prescribed diet that made me miserable),

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTktmQj6n73_BxREVKs7HdgvAlDE2IFs2PRwZbJ4DYJEuiGhS4
    and no. 4. Nothing worse than no symmetry and some one's body dysmorphia disorder on display for all to see.

Cough*synhtol*cough
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    To all the woman that think they are being stared at because they are hot, or not hot, or what ever sometimes we are staring in your general direction. Meaning when I get done with a particularly hard set I sit for a minute while catching my breath and zone out. Not even noting what I am looking at. When I realize what I am looking at I am getting the stink eye cause I am looking in your direction with my jaw hanging open.

If you are one of those girls working out in just a sport bra and spandex shorts and your wining about getting stared at I have no sympathy for you cover it up. Real men don't want to see it and pervs are just going to drool over and hit on you.

Now for my gripes.
    1. I agree with the naked people sitting on the bench where others sit....gross.

2. The teeny boppers wearing no clothes basically working out in under wear. I want to ask them where there fathers are.
    Golds Gym got so bad I left and joined one that had instituted a simple dress code.

3. People griping about sweating on machines! My goodness its a gym people go there to sweat! Carry a towel if it bothers you that much.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people move the fans.... I need air!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    The personal trainers get on my nerves the most. They make up the most ridiculous exercises, take up way too much room & get in the way.

And then when they want to rush me to get off the incline bench so their client can stand on two benches and do some ridiculous, unstable exercise their body would never naturally do. Go do some squats instead!

This is hilarious. So trainers don't know what they're doing?
  • RGv2
    Options
    I hate it when people move the fans.... I need air!

I do this all the time. I can't stand the fan on me.

I won't move it if someone is using it though, but if I'm in my workout and someone else wants it I will ask they point it the opposite direction so I don't get any of it.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    1. People

2. Other People

3. Some other People

4. More People

5. PEOPLE!
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree with you all. I hate going in the locker room and the women are strolling around naked, come on.. yeah put some clothes on people..LOL!

Also trainers that don't look healthy either.. my PT is brawlic.. and very fit, he is awesome! Who wants to work out with an unhealthy looking trainer, not me!
  • RGv2
    Options
    To all the woman that think they are being stared at because they are hot or not hot or what ever sometimes we are staring in your general direction. Meaning when i get don with a particularly hard set I sit for a minute while catching my breath and zone out. When I realize what I am looking at I am getting the stink I.

I get this a lot too. I could be spaced listening to something in my headphones after a set too, and before I realize it.....I'm getting the WTF are you looking at look.
  • AnnaGalbina
    AnnaGalbina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh I absolutely LOVE when cutesie girls go to the gym with their hair down, cutesie clothes, make up, and walk on the treadmill at 3.0 mph without breaking a sweat. You're obviously here to get a good workout. NOW GET OFF THE TREADMILL SO I CAN USE IT.

Oh yeah... I call them Gym Barbies :)

My sister calls them Bimbos, they walk around in their pushup bras and short shorts and come over to the weights when all the guys are over there just to get attention. It's like we get it, you're hot now leave before I punch you in the face.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Maybe this has been covered, I'm sure it has, but I'm not about to read this entire thread, sorry! But it's so inconsiderate when you're on a cardio machine and the person next to you finishes and sprays down their machine with no regard to whether or not the spray gets all over you.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Oh I absolutely LOVE when cutesie girls go to the gym with their hair down, cutesie clothes, make up, and walk on the treadmill at 3.0 mph without breaking a sweat. You're obviously here to get a good workout. NOW GET OFF THE TREADMILL SO I CAN USE IT.

Oh yeah... I call them Gym Barbies :)

My sister calls them Bimbos, they walk around in their pushup bras and short shorts and come over to the weights when all the guys are over there just to get attention. It's like we get it, you're hot now leave before I punch you in the face.

Please come to my gym there are some that need punching in the face :)
  • alphasigalum
    Options
    my biggest pet peeve of all is when the room is full of exercise equipment and a person goes right for the one next to me.... the old naked lady in the locker room gets old too! :)
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that there are so many pet peeves...and even more entertaining that I do some of those things. ;)

Guilty: The gym is not a library. I make a little noise...especially when I'm leg pressing more than 3x my bodyweight for 20+ reps. If you don't like it, go to the "gym" w/ the "lunk" alarm thing.

Also, if my form is bad or you have a suggestion to make my workout more effective- give me your tips! I'll swallow my pride to prevent injury, thanks! This is how I learned how to properly use cables to target my upper back and my back is ever so thankful.

Don't know if that was directed towards me, but since I wrote those two right before you did I get the feeling.

Making noise is fine. I make noise too especially when I'm on my last set 4/5th rep. I grunt, but there's noise I hear that is just raises the brow. It's the "either someone is crying for mercy or has a very creepy fetish" type of noises.

Me lifting weights and all of sudden I hear a noise. I look behind me and there's a guy that looks like this:

Picture_2_c.jpg

Also, I have talked to people about form, but since I'm not some shredded guy they might take my pointers and disregard them. When I'm with my friend(HUGE) and he sees some kid working out his arms, swinging the weights and looking like he's skiing down a mountain. He'll go up to them and tell them what they're doing wrong. Every time he's gone up to them they don't pay attention. It just grinds my gears cause I know they're going to hurt themselves even AFTER we tell them. I'm glad you're the type that welcomes it. Few and far between

Anyways, just my two cents.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i wear makeup to the gym but what can i say? im insecure. i always wear makeup before i leave the house. however i DO make sure i work hard enough i ALWAYS sweat. my issues with fellow gym goers are as follows:

1. When people go on the machine next to you and start chatting away to their friend next to them. loudly. its hard to stay focused!

2. The people that go to the gym but when they get there they do next to nothing. i mean really whats the point in going in the first place!

aaand thats all i can think of right now!
  • njitalian
    Options
    1. People that don't put the plates or dumbbells back.

2. Those that keep trying to talk to me when I have my headphones on.

3. People that ask me what kind of reps/sets do you do to get cut then look at me funny when I point to the cardio equipment.

4. Anyone wearing too much damn cologne or perfume..

5. Last but not least those that think the gym is social hour and spend more time yapping than working out then complain they aren't getting the results they want..
  • AnnaGalbina
    AnnaGalbina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    After reading these, I realized how wonderful my gym is.
    1) Each machine has it's own fan.
    2) We have changing rooms so I don't have to see anyone in their birthday suit.
    3) All the thin/ good loking ladies are always drenched in sweat, so I know that they work hard for how they look.
    4) My gym provides paper towels and disenfectant to clean your machine after each use.

I guess the only thing that bothers me is the Bimbos that come in every now and then just to chat, hang out or get picked up by guys. Although this happens rarely I still get ticked off.
  • georgeyacoub
    Options
    Am I the only person who absolutely loves their Gym. There is nothing I would change in my gym except maybe the ugly old naked guy scene but whatever I just look away. Adapt people. Do your workout and get out.