Is MFP a hookup site?

Options
Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a lot of flirty topics? Don't get me wrong - go for it! ...and what better way to support and feel good about yourself by getting flattery....

I just think its kinda funny... :)

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am sure it can be, if that's what you want to get out of it. Most people that make comments about it being a hook up site or a dating site are doing so on the "Chit-chat, Fun and Games" board. If you don't like the topics over here- go read success stories or motivation or recipes. Very little flirting going on over there. (i don't mean you specifically).
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    oh really????? didnt know that haha!!:laugh:
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Why not? If you're single, you have a bunch of people with common interests, with a high degree of self confidence. It is only natural.

It's a multi-faceted website, to each their own right?
  • mindirella
    Options
    Why not? If you're single, you have a bunch of people with common interests, with a high degree of self confidence. It is only natural.

It's a multi-faceted website, to each their own right?

Totally!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this calorie counting bullsh*t is getting in the way of my social life. :happy:
  • kym123tx
    kym123tx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a lot of flirty topics? Don't get me wrong - go for it! ...and what better way to support and feel good about yourself by getting flattery....

I just think its kinda funny... :)

Totally agree, its a weight loss site and people are using it to hook up, i find it hilarious as well!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hahaha - I admit I met a couple guys off here

:blushing:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this calorie counting bullsh*t is getting in the way of my social life. :happy:

Join the club!
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    It's all in fun. A good site to safely flirt and have some online fun. Keeps people positive and motivated. Btw, your pretty hot :-)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This site is whatever YOU decide to make it. In the short amount of time I've been on MFP this is what I've seen

- People getting close and started dating each other
    - Have seen a marriage proposal between 2 people who met each other via MFP
    - Have seen some amazing friendship
    - Have seen people who're using this site ONLY for fitness
    - Have seen people who use this site ONLY like its facebook.

As per the owners of the site, all of these and more are valid uses of the site. After all, if it gives you mental and emotional ease, thats part of fitness too. As long as you're using the site within the site guideline, there is no limitation to how you should be using this site
  • Kamille2007
    Options
    Isn't that what EVERY social media site turns in to... I doubt that is why any of them were created, but the horniness of most individuals can not be stopped...
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    66awbkn.gif
  • Fat2Fit4Life
    Fat2Fit4Life Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    WHHAAAAA????

News to me! :laugh:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yea, why do you think I joined.....for fitness? pfftttt!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    People flirt around here?

This is news to me!
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well, it could lead to exercise that doesn't feel like a chore ;-)
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    People flirt around here?

This is news to me!

How U Doin?
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Exactly! :happy:
  • VenomousDuck
    Options
    what do you expect... they integrated fitbit, now my fit bits need integrated.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

And this too! lol :laugh: